Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

7 seater recommendations

Options
  • 23-04-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,409 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for some advice, the misses currently has an 2005 grand scenic 7 seater, it drinks petrol about 10.5 litres per 100 km. so she's spending close on 300 a Month on fuel.

With that in mind we are interested in upgrading the car to something newer that has 7 seats and uses the much less fuel.

Our budget isn't huge it's basically if we could get something that use half as much fuel we'd have 150 a month plus maybe an extra 100.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

You'd need to clarify the budget a bit, how much roughly do you intend on spending to trade up?

Citroen c4 grand Picasso is worth a look if you can find one that has been looked after. They're quite economical. Then there is the more expensive options like the galaxy or Alhambra but it all depends on the budget tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,409 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mickeyk wrote: »
    You'd need to clarify the budget a bit, how much roughly do you intend on spending to trade up?

Citroen c4 grand Picasso is worth a look if you can find one that has been looked after. They're quite economical. Then there is the more expensive options like the galaxy or Alhambra but it all depends on the budget tbh.

If I could get 5 l/ km efficiency I'd probably go to 250 a month in repayments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

ted1 wrote: »
    If I could get 5 l/ km efficiency I'd probably go to 250 a month in repayments

Assuming you'd get 1000 for your own an borrow 8k over 3 years @250pm you might get a 2009-2010 Picasso as suggested above for that. They are not immune to issues but you could do worse. I know several people who are very pleased with theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sorry for jumping on this but my neighbour is looking to upgrade their 7 seater...

any suggestions for something for approx. 10k, 7 seater and petrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    sorry for jumping on this but my neighbour is looking to upgrade their 7 seater...

any suggestions for something for approx. 10k, 7 seater and petrol?

What do they have at the moment?

For that price, one could easily get an 2008 Galaxy or Alhambra, but your neighbour might not consider that an upgrade, depending on what they have now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

mickeyk wrote: »
    Assuming you'd get 1000 for your own an borrow 8k over 3 years @250pm you might get a 2009-2010 Picasso as suggested above for that. They are not immune to issues but you could do worse. I know several people who are very pleased with theirs.

Have one from that period, for last 4 years. Good car, Comfortable , stylish and cheap to run, about 5-5 Ltrs per 100km. Can have issues with dpf, but no more then Any other diesal car on road these days. There's a fluid you've to top up every 100,000km. Change oil regularly every 12-15km and you shouldn't have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't rule out a petrol Honda FR-V, although only 6 seats.

Still good storage space when 6 people in car, unlike some of the 7 seaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭blackbox

Do you ever want to carry stuff instead of people. With some 7-seaters the back seats don't fold into the floor. I.e. you have to physically remove them and store them in your house - a damn nuisance!

Just a watch-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ted1 wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice, the misses currently has an 2005 grand scenic 7 seater, it drinks petrol about 10.5 litres per 100 km. so she's spending close on 300 a Month on fuel.

With that in mind we are interested in upgrading the car to something newer that has 7 seats and uses the much less fuel.

Our budget isn't huge it's basically if we could get something that use half as much fuel we'd have 150 a month plus maybe an extra 100.

Less than 7l/100km of petrol, even in the most recent models, is simply unrealistic. Prius+ might get you there though, but still nowhere close of 5.0l/100km...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

If you are happy with the scenic except fuel consumption, a diesel facelift scenic shouldn't be so expensive.

Advertisement