Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Paully D wrote: »
    Gameweeks 8 and 9 are the weeks that tide turns. The weeks that those who have Aguero will be significantly rewarded. I can feel it.

Meh, I feel that every week and it's just not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Gameweeks 8 and 9 are the weeks that tide turns. The weeks that those who have Aguero will be significantly rewarded. I can feel it.

He is just about in last chance saloon for alot of people at this stage. Lack of options is the only reason alot are hanging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This discussion was had around this time last year too. I'll be sticking by him. His pure class will eventually shine through.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

I dunno, he really looks lost without Silva. It's like they're a package deal. Of course, he could go and run riot against NEW and BOU, but in those games City may not need to get out of first gear to guarantee all 6 points.

I'll keep him because there's other areas of my team requiring attention this week, but after that, pending his performance against NEW, he'll be out.

Easy Kun, easy go :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Lemlin wrote: »
    This discussion was had around this time last year too. I'll be sticking by him. His pure class will eventually shine through.

This is what's making us all hang on to him.

His Class and his History.

Unfortunately it's harder in some ways to hold on to him atm than say Sanchez was because at least with Sanchez you could see him doing everything but score/assist week in week out. We were finally rewarded at the weekend for keeping him. I hope next weekend is when Aguerro rewards us also.

If he fails to deliver over GW 8 - GW9 I'll be getting rid of him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Colking wrote: »
    This is what's making us all hang on to him.

His Class and his History.

Unfortunately it's harder in some ways to hold on to him atm than say Sanchez was because at least with Sanchez you could see him doing everything but score/assist week in week out. We were finally rewarded at the weekend for keeping him. I hope next weekend is when Aguerro rewards us also.

If he fails to deliver over GW 8 - GW9 I'll be getting rid of him though.

They have 5 of the next 7 games at home including Newcastle, Bournemouth and Norwich in the next 4.

FHFC wrote: »
    They have 5 of the next 7 games at home including Newcastle, Bournemouth and Norwich in the next 4.

It's a lovely run of games but if he adds blanks against Newcastle (GW8) and Bournemouth(GW9) to the last number of weeks ......

I'm cutting my losses and to hell with his Class and History (Hopefully Sturridge will have solidified his fitness levels and shown he's not going to be a sicknote this season.)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sticking by Pedro due to his tasty fixtures and i have no other CHE attacking coverage, but i'm very fearful he may see bench time. If that happens will have to look at moving him out, but for now fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Not only sticking with Aguero but I'll probably be captaining him too like I have the last number of weeks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Not only sticking with Aguero but I'll probably be captaining him too like I have the last number of weeks :P

This is the first week I haven't so far. I probably will again this week. Or else Sanchez now that he is finally off the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'll be back on that for the next two weeks. Only reason he's not having the arm band is due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd expect him to be over 50% in the polls for the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I made an 8 point his last week and it did not pay off-
    OUT<<<<<<IN
    Gomis<<<<Ighalo (Ighalo did nothing)
    Elphick<<<Zouma (was sure chelsea would get the cleanie)
    Silva <<<< Payet (captained him)

This week I did another 8 point hit:
    OUT<<<<< <<IN
    Wilson<<<<<<Ayoze
    Westwood<<<< De Bruyne
    Gomez<<<<<<Hutton

My advice is don't get any of these players!

Ps no more points hits for me barring injuries!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I made an 8 point his last week and it did not pay off-
    OUT<<<<<<IN
    Gomis<<<<Ighalo (Ighalo did nothing)
    Elphick<<<Zouma (was sure chelsea would get the cleanie)
    Silva <<<< Payet (captained him)

This week I did another 8 point hit:
    OUT<<<<< <<IN
    Wilson<<<<<<Ayoze
    Westwood<<<< De Bruyne
    Gomez<<<<<<Hutton

My advice is don't get any of these players!

Ps no more points hits for me barring injuries!

I read that post literally and it made you sound like a genius, however it seems we are still in last week according to you:P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I read that post literally and it made you sound like a genius, however it seems we are still in last week according to you:P

haha sorry I had forgotten the everton/west brom game.
    Far from an fpl genius!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Lukaku, - watch Lukaku get a hatrick now on Monday.

Two goals and an assist so far.

Been an awful awful start for me. Under 300 points after 7 gws

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Seen some chap - 49th in the world - triple captain Payet today - is playing 2 up top - Pelle and Lukaku, - watch Lukaku get a hatrick now on Monday.

2 Goals and an assist and probably 3bps, same chap also has Dawson, some people run so good at this game.

Seems to be Irish too

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1136705/event-history/7/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Seems a bit mad using your triple captain on a single gameweek.

A rival of mine has 80 points but has -8 for transfers. His total is 350. Will this be reduced to 342 come next Saturday? Just for manager of the month awards I'm curious to when it gets deducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

siblers wrote: »
    Seems a bit mad using your triple captain on a single gameweek.

A rival of mine has 80 points but has -8 for transfers. His total is 350. Will this be reduced to 342 come next Saturday? Just for manager of the month awards I'm curious to when it gets deducted.

Gets deducted on Saturday evening/the first update of the GW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gets deducted on Saturday evening/the first update of the GW

Cool, so as that won't be till October, it won't be deducted for his point total in September?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

siblers wrote: »
    Cool, so as that won't be till October, it won't be deducted for his point total in September?

It was deducted this past Saturday (Sept. 26).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Top score this week made 15 (FIFTEEN) transfers for a - 52. Triple captained Sanchez on his way to 131 points, Christ above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not 1 person in the top 50 captained Aguero this week, I'm doing it wrong.

Not 1 person in the top 50 captained Aguero this week, I'm doing it wrong.

Not surprising really given what happened and how early it is still. You're doing it right (assuming you don't own Sanchez) their doing it wrong just their on the right side of variance right now!

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Top score this week made 15 (FIFTEEN) transfers for a - 52. Triple captained Sanchez on his way to 131 points, Christ above.

Thats just ridiculous. 131 must be one of the highest non-dgw scores ever we're going to see some madness if we do get some good DGWs next year.

I said in the captain thread I might do some graphs to calm me down.

I think a table works better.

Stats from here https://public.tableau.com/profile/turd1461#!/vizhome/FPLplayerstats2014-15/DetailedbyGameweek and allthingsfpl opta stats and the FPL Site.

2 words:
    Variance.
    Genius.

364232.jpg

To put this another way.

A 12.2% increase in Mins/Shot and an 11.1% increase in Mins/Shots in the Box has accompanied a 391% increase in Mins/Goal.

I think....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Nah FHFC. He's getting old. He's lost it. Man City never performing in CL got him tired. He also lost the WC final. He's had enough. At best he'll do a 2012/13 season (12 goals & 3 assists in 30 games).

Does my reverse jinxing attempt sounds too obvious to the FPL Gods?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

We could go the full Eamon Dunphy on him and call him a spoofer, a waste of space! :pac:

• Advertisement

We could go the full Eamon Dunphy on him and call him a spoofer, a waste of space! :pac:

What about a paraphrase of the R.I.P. Dermot Morgan doing a spoof of Dunphy on Scrap Saturday

Funghi Aguerro .......?

He's a good Dolphin Player ........

He's not a great Dolphin Player ........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57vjm_iwB4k

Advertisement