Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

Possibly calls this week for another intake, don't know from which campaign though. Did you get the all clear mop?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Campaign 2 isn't ready for any intakes yet as far as I know, I am in first group for PCA and we haven't done it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Possibly calls this week for another intake, don't know from which campaign though. Did you get the all clear mop?

If there's calls this week I'll miss them. Had my meeting last week and they still have to decide on it before I get the all clear again lmfao!!! Was hoping you guys get a call though :)

Fat lady has sang guys. Campaign 1 officially done

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Did you get a letter or something mop? I'm really really gutted for you! You deserved this more than anyone after all you've been through :(

• Advertisement

Yeah came this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

gutted for you Mop!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Awk really, talk about a kick in the teeth. You have definitely been through the ringer in this campaign, should be out to station already... Sorry to hear this.

Are you in the second campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Really sorry to hear that Mop genuinely gutted for you, thought you lot left would get the call this week, not this :( I know it may not be any consolation at this moment in time, but at least your still in for campaign 2. Dont give up just yet on campaign 2, trust me.

Thanks guys but I'm not in two. My score wasn't good enough. Head was up my ass at the time of the AC with my injury and repeating PCA etc. not meant to be I guess. Thanks for the lovely thoughts, they're very much appreciated. Good luck to you all in campaign 2. Get the thick head on for the PCA, pass it and you're on the home straight!!! Stay safe xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Aw Mop im gutted for you!! XX

Sorry to hear mop :( you really deserved it I hope you get called forward for camp 2 xo

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

does anyone know if they exhausted campaign 1 down to the lowest marks?

Psni26 wrote: »
    does anyone know if they exhausted campaign 1 down to the lowest marks?

I dont believe they did. I think there were around 15-30 people left maybe?

is it because campaign one was running for so long that they ended it? seems unfair to those that have passed the assessment centre regardless of how low the mark is.

Either reached the end of the financial year, or reached the maximum number of appointable officers. They were only recruiting 378 and around 400 odd passed the final stages.

thats disheartening!

It's a shame considering the underspend

majgreen wrote: »
    It's a shame considering the underspend

I know a real shame, did they have to give the money back or was it added to this year's budget in anyway? Joke they way they can't build a pot up in financially uncertain times to use.

My letter said that although I was still on the merit list from campaign 1 they will be no longer making appointments from this list, thanked me for my interest etc you know how it goes.

I'm not sure what score everyone else had. I'm assuming there were others in my position.

Thanks for the messages guys, they're really appreciated and sorry I haven't replied. Still a bit too raw

• Advertisement

I was on 61/62, cant remember now. There were a few people lower than me. I think they went as far down the list as possible before the financial year ended/hit the number of appointable constables and then called it a day

I was on 61/62, cant remember now. There were a few people lower than me. I think they went as far down the list as possible before the financial year ended/hit the number of appointable constables and then called it a day

Near 2 years to take on the full amount, with you guys in the last squad. Can't believe that's it Lol. Such an incredibly long time, mental.

HighburyLad - edit your post so it doesnt show dates for people starting please!

It has been incredibly long, but i dont see why they would stop appointing officers before the reached the 378 limit, that wouldnt make sense!

HighburyLad - edit your post so it doesnt show dates for people starting please!

It has been incredibly long, but i dont see why they would stop appointing officers before the reached the 378 limit, that wouldnt make sense!

Apologies my bad mate, I think now they have appointed around the 380 mark so just over, if the foi that was released there had 350 appointed and with one last squad, I could be wrong mind you.

In that case i would assume that they had to stop as the financial year closed and they had more than filled their quota. Its a shame becuase the people left on the merit list really deserved a place. Once you get that far and complete everything they throw at you, then you really have worked hard. I hope they were in Camp 2 and still within a shot...

I know what your saying, imagine after two years back and forth through all the hoops and just being told well folks thats it. I think the whole process is mental from start to finish... 2 years. Crazy. You could join the army as an officer and complete your year long training course at RMAS before you'd be in to the PSNI lol....

I wonder do they have any plans to speed up the waiting process? Or even how long those who scored the highest had to wait? I believe there are some graduated and all from when it first started.

There are a lot of people who have graduated already. When we start GV as the last squad there will be 1 squad about 5 weeks in. Everyone before them will have graduated or failed the course! i think people who scored high in the AC's were processed quite quickly from Camp 1

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rezone

Hey guys,

Just passed my PCA this week and was wondering all going well if i pass my medical when do you think the next in take would be? Just wondering in regards to my current employer and when i should start to wind things down.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Chat is it will be September/October for the initial intake, I wouldn't be winding your current employment down until you get the call, you can't take the medical for granted but fingers crossed most people will pass it ok.

• Advertisement

Actually there was a FOI request posted a while ago that proposed the first intakes for July/August but this could end up being held up

Advertisement