Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Fit4Life League 2015

Options
  • 02-01-2015 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭

And it's back, a few changes to the prize structure, etc to be discussed at the AGM, but in the meantime here's the fixtures, some of the later ones could change due to clashes with championships / target races, so check the website or this thread.

15989341850_aa24d61b80_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Peckham

Going to head to Greystones on Thursday evening for a reality check on my fitness (or rather lack thereof!).

What's the route? Am guessing starting at Shoreline, running a mile down through Charlesland in the direction of Greystones, and then turning and coming back. Correct?

On a separate note, was at a kids party in the playcentre there yesterday and got my first glimpse of the track. Seriously impressive facility!

Peckham wrote: »
    Going to head to Greystones on Thursday evening for a reality check on my fitness (or rather lack thereof!).

What's the route? Am guessing starting at Shoreline, running a mile down through Charlesland in the direction of Greystones, and then turning and coming back. Correct?

On a separate note, was at a kids party in the playcentre there yesterday and got my first glimpse of the track. Seriously impressive facility!

Yep that's it, basically out and back between the 2 Shorelines.

Thanks. Cue me getting over-exuberant on the outward mile and then turning back into the hill and slowing to a walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Peckham wrote: »
    Thanks. Cue me getting over-exuberant on the outward mile and then turning back into the hill and slowing to a walk!

Have turned at the mile point before in around 4.50 to be greeted by pure lactic and a 30secs positive split, not fun at all. Will I have learnt my lesson on Thursday, prob not ha, hard to avoid going out hard on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is this type of thing done elsewhere? It's a great idea.

I don't know if there are any other "fit4life" leagues but there certainly are more small local leagues as such, SBR in ferns have one, there is one in North Dublin, Galway. It would be useful to have a section on the AAI website with more detailed information on each league, but as of yet they very much seem to be just word of mouth advertising, social media and some localised posters etc, our league included.

Raheny winter and summer leagues also.
    Just a hip opener for me on Thursday - need me to pace you K :)?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Just a hip opener for me on Thursday - need me to pace you K :)?

If I can get through those two miles at what used to be my marathon pace, then I'll be satisfied! Was cruising down Herbert Road the other evening gleefully thinking "this is what fast running feels like" and thinking about a summer of 5k and 10k races. I then looked at the Garmin and saw that I was doing 7:25/mile :o

If you're prepared to slow yourself down to 7:00/mile on Tuesday, then I'll pant along behind you!

Due to the icy conditions around Greystones this evening's race has been postponed to a later date - spread the word

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Enjoyed this last Thursday & even managed to pick up a €15 voucher :D even though I'm still struggling to get any consistency in training & it was only the 2nd race done since since December 2013 :o

I have been threating to do these races for the last 2 years. Great turn out, looking forward to the next one.

Results Round 1: http://www.slicualann.com/2015-fit4life-results-r1.html

Next up Round 2 Thursday 26th Feb.
    5k on road, 3 and a bit laps of the Greenan Rd triangle.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/667603923368671

Results Round 2: http://www.slicualann.com/2015-fit4life-results-r2.html

88 finishers, testing 3.5 lap course with a 500mt climb against a chilly breeze to contend with on each lap.

Next up Round 3 Thursday 2nd April
    3k on tarmac path, 1.5 laps of Shanganagh Pk.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/768334039903041

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Results Round 2: http://www.slicualann.com/2015-fit4life-results-r2.html

88 finishers, testing 3.5 lap course with a 500mt climb against a chilly breeze to contend with on each lap.

Hi D, the format of the results page on my iPad means I can't get past the first 20 results, the pages seem to be stuck in a little window. Any suggestions?

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Hi D, the format of the results page on my iPad means I can't get past the first 20 results, the pages seem to be stuck in a little window. Any suggestions?

Get rid of that iPad ;)

PDF help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

PDF help?
    Perfect :) Only needed to see lines 17 and 19 anyway ;) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭scooterdoyle

8 km run in wicklow this sunday(exact distance 7736 metres) in a loop through the beautiful kilmacurragh gardens .
    starts and finishes at barndarrig gaa club
    first and second prizes for mens and ladies

tea and cakes afterwards

check out barndarrig gaa facebook page

8 km run in wicklow this sunday(exact distance 7736 metres) in a loop through the beautiful kilmacurragh gardens .
    starts and finishes at barndarrig gaa club
    first and second prizes for mens and ladies

tea and cakes afterwards

check out barndarrig gaa facebook page

Sounds like a nice run, I know some of the gang last night are planning on going.
    But probably best to start your own thread and keep this one F4L focused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭scooterdoyle

oops
    sorry about that
    didn't mean to go off thread

one of the hazards of being a PRO!!!!!

Me and one of the juniors might have a sneaky sub9 attempt here if anyone else interested in joining us.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Me and one of the juniors might have a sneaky sub9 attempt here if anyone else interested in joining us.

4:05 for 15 and then hang on for dear life :)

4:05 for 15 and then hang on for dear life :)

Could do with a pacer. 2.45 1st km please :p

But joking, 3 or 3.05 per km the plan and horse out the final km.

Also I don't want anyone to be intimidated by us ha (it is a f4l after all), it's only a 1 1/2 lap course so won't be any lapping etc, f4ls are for everyone, run walk or crawl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Timmaay wrote: »
    Could do with a pacer. 2.45 1st km please :p

But joking, 3 or 3.05 per km the plan and horse out the final km.

Also I don't want anyone to be intimidated by us ha (it is a f4l after all), it's only a 1 1/2 lap course so won't be any lapping etc, f4ls are for everyone, run walk or crawl!

Might pop down after work for this if I can. Having ran there 3 times a week for the last 6 months must be some kind of advantage. Probably something more like a sub 9.20 attempt for me. Will have to wait unti the track for a serious attempt at the sub 9.

What's the course BeepBeep? One big lap, one small lap?

Starts near the footbridge, and usually 1 small lap followed by 1 large lap.

Results from Round 3: http://www.slicualann.com/2015-fit4life-results-r3.html

Next is the popular 1 mile track and a target race for a few longing to get on the respective 10 round numbers threads.
    FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/896122280425333/

Thur 30th April
    7:30pm (registration from 7pm)
    Greystones Track
    Graded 1mile races

Registration takes place in down on the track from 7pm.
    €5 for AAI affiliated members
    €7 for non AAI affiliated members

Timetable:
    7.30pm: 6:30 - 7:30
    7.40pm: Sub 5:30
    7.50pm: 7:30 - 8:30
    8.00pm: 5:30 - 6:30
    8.10pm: 8:30+

Usual category prizes, plus some spots.

Reminder of the running order for this on Thursday:

7.30pm: 6:30 - 7:30