Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

http://www.flightradar24.com/SIS214G/5f31274

SIS214G - a Gulfstream IV (N214BM) heading west out of Dublin.

http://www.aircraftone.com/aircraft.asp?tn=N214BM

Also, a nice procession of 767's, 747's and the odd 787 and A-380 heading across the Atlantic over Dublin in good visibility this morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

2 Air Corps PC9s coming up on FR24 over the midlands.

ec6433622a684489a24163cde9d491e1.png

Playback: http://www.flightradar24.com/2015-04-08/14:17/12x/EAGLE/5f34b1b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

With the increase in flights due to the summer season I've noticed the majority of arrivals for runway 10 @ DUB seem to take a little detour to the North or South.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

EICVD wrote: »
    With the increase in flights due to the summer season I've noticed the majority of arrivals for runway 10 @ DUB seem to take a little detour to the North or South.

New point merge system for rwy10. similar to 28

Just heard that the AN225 MIGHT be doing an overnight in SHANNON over the weekend, no further details sorry. Don't shoot me if it doesn't happen just consider it a rumour at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Just heard that the AN225 MIGHT be doing an overnight in SHANNON over the weekend, no further details sorry. Don't shoot me if it doesn't happen just consider it a rumour at the moment.

Keep us posted if you hear anymore, ill see if I can find out anything tomorrow!

Edit: just heard its due sat at 8:45pm leaving on Sunday 11am,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I had no idea what AN225 meant until I googled it. Wow, that's a big mofo. :eek: Where does this rate in terms of biggest aircraft ever? Gotta be right up there?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

astrofluff wrote: »
    I had no idea what AN225 meant until I googled it. Wow, that's a big mofo. :eek: Where does this rate in terms of biggest aircraft ever? Gotta be right up there?!

Its the largest aircraft in the world, that's a fact. Bigger than the A380. That's why its visits are often marked so highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I hope you lot will be down at SNN to capture it all for me!! Yes, you and you and you and you. Hell I might take a trip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

fr336 wrote: »
    I hope you lot will be down at SNN to capture it all for me!! Yes, you and you and you and you. Hell I might take a trip over.

Ask them to stop in Luton for you! You can't get a scheduled flight from Luton to Shannon!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The biggest. Larger than the 747 and A380. The Hughes H4 was wider but An-225 is longer and heavier.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

fr336 wrote: »

I'll be there for sure but I'm no great photographer, but I'll try get some sort of pic. You never know what will come over the threshold at SNN!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Saudi private A318 over Dungannon at 07:15

http://fr24.com/HZA5/5f4674d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

I saved this photo off the web a while back, just boggles the mind.

Yes, that is an A380 at the gate.

From the combination of aircraft I'd guess it is Manchester.

( I don't have attribution to the photographer unfortunately )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

imurdaddy wrote: »
    Keep us posted if you hear anymore, ill see if I can find out anything tomorrow!

Edit: just heard its due sat at 8:45pm leaving on Sunday 11am,

Is this for definite now? Might have to make the run down to Shannon for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Fog burning off now in ORK,,you couldnt cycle a bike when I was coming into work not to mind land a plane !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Technique

Nim wrote: »
    The biggest. Larger than the 747 and A380. The Hughes H4 was wider but An-225 is longer and heavier.

What's the main use of this plane? Is it a cargo plane? And why's it landing at Shannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,176 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Technique wrote: »
    What's the main use of this plane? Is it a cargo plane? And why's it landing at Shannon?

Oversize cargo.

L1011 wrote: »
    Oversize cargo.

There's one coming into Leipzig now, ADB395F.

There's one coming into Leipzig now, ADB395F.

There is only one, another reason why it's so special, it'll only be viewable during daylight hours parked, it'll arrive just after dusk and depart now at 11pm in darkness

• Advertisement

Glider going trans-Atlantic south of Cork:

http://www.flightradar24.com/GLDDA32E/5f533e6

344575.png

TARTN41 - an Airbus 330 Tanker/Transport out of Brize Norton on exercise over the North Sea:

http://www.flightradar24.com/TARTN41/5f50b36

344576.png

There is only one, another reason why it's so special, it'll only be viewable during daylight hours parked, it'll arrive just after dusk and depart now at 11pm in darkness

Wow, fascinating stuff. Would love to see one 'in the flesh'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

whats up with EK201?

CCJoxcfXIAA3Awd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Manuel

Wow, fascinating stuff. Would love to see one 'in the flesh'.

There only is "one" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Tugboats wrote: »
    whats up with EK201?

CCJoxcfXIAA3Awd.png

Wonder if it's on its way to Manchester for any reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Calina wrote: »
    Wonder if it's on its way to Manchester for any reason.

ya emergency declared and heading to Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I have read on the following link https://twitter.com/ShannonAirport/s...56874848477184

That the An225 is arriving at Saturday 20:45 (8:45pm) and departing Sunday 11:00 (11:00 pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

V_Moth wrote: »
    TARTN41 - an Airbus 330 Tanker/Transport out of Brize Norton on exercise over the North Sea:

http://www.flightradar24.com/TARTN41/5f50b36

344576.png

THE RUSSIAN'S ARE COMING! THE RUSSIAN'S ARE COMING! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Iarnrod Eireann usually take deliveries of their Engines on the AN124, not sure why the AN225 is in, must be something big.
    For anyone who goes, try to get the take off, the noise and the ground shaking from underneath you like a mini earthquake and the way it looks like she is crawling into the sky, its brilliant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement