Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF Cllr arrested as part of investigation into recent paramilitary shootings

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

golfball37 wrote: »
    For a mod to start this thread and comment with the assumption of guilt is wrong. He or she should at least acknowledge being wrong if they are not going to apologise?

Sorry but the arrest did happen. No need to be trying to make it out that it didn't. And stop trying to make out that I am in any way involved in moderating the politics forum because it is simply not true.

The investigation is ongoing btw but it is encouraging to see that no evidence of wrongdoing has been found.
    Not just a mod, but a mod who openly admits to working on Fianna Fáil election campaigns.

In the past I might add. No longer a member of FF. Still though someone needs to challenge the blatant SF bias by the usual suspects in the politics forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

In the past I might add. No longer a member of FF. Still though someone needs to challenge the blatant SF bias by the usual suspects in the politics forum.
    And that would be "unbiased" you I suppose? Godge will vouch for your objectivity I'm sure. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/sinn-fein-councillor-arrested-in-paramilitary-activity-probe-1-6450575

It seems another councillor has been arrested.

"The suspect has been named locally as Sinn Fein councillor Sean McGlinchey"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Godge wrote: »
    http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/sinn-fein-councillor-arrested-in-paramilitary-activity-probe-1-6450575

It is all just a conspiracy against SF.

Stop. It is all just a conspiracy against SF.
    Yeah, because the last arrest got far didn't it? You can shoo̶ut your load all you like, get back to us when a charge turns up mmmmk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

So let me get this straight, your big "challenge" is to post some nonsense article whose massive revelation was the cops arresting someone and releasing someone without charge?

Earth-shattering stuff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Stop. It is all just a conspiracy against SF.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-30291541 - Oh dear. Both of you proved wrong yet again. How embarrassing.

And the line goes dead. Again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Dan_Solo wrote: »

I await updates from the Fianna fail press office!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I await updates from the Fianna fail press office!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

this is why I avoid this forum as much as possible, nothing coming near intelligent debate in the vast majority of threads.

this is why I avoid this forum as much as possible, nothing coming near intelligent debate in the vast majority of threads.
    And your contribution is exempt from this judgement we can assume, yes?

maccored wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-30291541 - Oh dear. Both of you proved wrong yet again. How embarrassing.

Very positive. Let's hope no charges are brought once the investigation has finished.

Very positive. Let's hope no charges are brought once the investigation has finished.

Sorry, but do you need a dictionary for "released unconditionally"? I very much doubt he'll be charged. Keep digging there Sierra Oscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Sorry, but do you need a dictionary for "released unconditionally"? I very much doubt he'll be charged. Keep digging there Sierra Oscar.
    What? Did you even read his post?

What? Did you even read his post?

Is not a hard post to read. he said:

"Very positive. Let's hope no charges are brought once the investigation has finished."

Did you read his post?

Is not a hard post to read. he said:

"Very positive. Let's hope no charges are brought once the investigation has finished."

Did you read his post?
    Yes, I did, and it reads like he doesn't want the man charged. Why do you have a problem with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Yes, I did, and it reads like he doesn't want the man charged. Why do you have a problem with this?

If McGlinchey was released pending a file being sent to the DPP, it would be fair to hope he wasn't charged.

"Unconditionally released" means just that though. What part of that is confusing?

LOL, you think he doesn't want SF members charged with something, anything, please just make them go away waaaah?

LOL, you think he doesn't want SF members charged with something, anything, please just make them go away waaaah?
    He said what he said :confused:

Very childish post.
    If McGlinchey was released pending a file being sent to the DPP, it would be fair to hope he wasn't charged.

"Unconditionally released" means just that though. What part of that is confusing?
    Can you not be unconditionally released and still be under investigation?

• Advertisement

He said what he said :confused:
    You're new. OK.

You're new. OK.
    I'm here longer than you sonny ;)

I'm here longer than you sonny ;)
    But you don't appear to know what's going on for some reason.

But you don't appear to know what's going on for some reason.
    Am I not allowed to take a post at face value or something?

Am I not allowed to take a post at face value or something?
    You are welcome to of course.
    Since, as you say, you have been here for a while, do you think all posts should be taken at face value?

You are welcome to of course.
    Since, as you say, you have been here for a while, do you think all posts should be taken at face value?
    I don't know about all posts, but when somebody says they hope the accused is not charged, I'm not automatically going to assume that he wants the exact opposite of that, because that's a bizarre attitude to take.

I don't know about all posts, but when somebody says they hope the accused is not charged, I'm not automatically going to assume that he wants the exact opposite of that, because that's a bizarre attitude to take.
    Why is it automatically bizarre in this case, when a poster who hates SF with a passion says he doesn't want them charged with anything? When could there possibly be a situation requiring more appreciation of context?!?!
    He might want there to be no crime and therefore nobody at all charged, but he certainly doesn't want SF not to be charged with something.

How can a man be charged if he is unconditionally released? I dont see whats so 'bizarre' about questioning that. Maybe read the thread?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

golfball37 wrote: »
    For a mod to start this thread and comment with the assumption of guilt is wrong. He or she should at least acknowledge being wrong if they are not going to apologise?
    Not just a mod, but a mod who openly admits to working on Fianna Fáil election campaigns.

Nothing biased here, no sirree.

MOD REMINDER: The OP is not a mod of Politics. When they post in Politics, they post as a regular member, not a mod. Regardless of your political position, I would strongly recommend that you understand this, and not use it in your future arguments, for it falls towards the bottom of our discussion standards in Politics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement