Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

pawtrick wrote: »
    anyone got a quick link to the image?

thanks
    I posted my version a couple of posts back
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cigv96aqqwm5enk/Backup%20hyper%204%2015-09-14.7z?dl=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

thunda wrote: »
    what's the best way to do a full scan for my area

Autobouquets

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

hallo dare wrote: »
    Autobouquets[/QU

OK It does work ok and get's the correct channels but I find 2 or 3 channels missing with 0 signal and just a black screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Autobouquets[/QU

OK It does work ok and get's the correct channels but I find 2 or 3 channels missing with 0 signal and just a black screen.
    What area are you
    what channels and I will look and see what frequencies and if they work here :)

The channels worked before when i done full scan but I cant seem to get it to pick up now , just wondered the best way to do a full scan for scotland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

The channels worked before when i done full scan but I cant seem to get it to pick up now , just wondered the best way to do a full scan for scotland

Would be odd for them to stop working as they generally wouldn't change frequency. Would it be that you are recording something on one of the terrestrial channels while you were trying to watch another terrestrial channel? The screen will be black if the second channel is not on the same mux.

sorry I should have explained better I had them working on previous images that I never backed up and I've tried so much different images it's hard to keep track I like the hyperion 4 image but it has certain channels missing even after I run AB for my area. I just wanted to check the best way to do a full scan. Anyway I'm running full scan at the moment so hopefully doing it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

When using the cool tv guide and I select a channel to preview instead of it just appearing in the little preview box in the top left it fills the entire screen behind the guide. Any way to change this?

Pete2k wrote: »
    When using the cool tv guide and I select a channel to preview instead of it just appearing in the little preview box in the top left it fills the entire screen behind the guide. Any way to change this?

Click menu when your in cooltvguide and find the tab to change what buttons do. Then change the ok button to zap and exit instead of just zap. Then don't forget to press save before you exit.

Here's a copy of my latest openatv 4.2 backup for anyone whos interested. Still in beta but it seems to have improved a good bit in the last month or so so I thought i'd put up another backup.

The image includes:
    AutoTimer (Series link)
    AutoBoquetsMaker
    Xmltv-importer (7 day tv guide info)
    Ondemand (rte player, 3player and radio player)
    OpenWebIf
    PermanentTimeShift - Pause, rewind live tv
    Saorview Picons included (Download uk picons from downloadable plugins menu and save to usb.)
    Softcam manager and OSCam (blank)
    Advanced remote setup.

Hdd auto mount enabled and 512mb swapfile enabled

Stream / Record a $ Channels while watching another $ channel

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p.

Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

OSCam - http://box_ip:83 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip (Default Port 80)

Screens:
    CiEtHKrl.jpg

1TwEnoil.jpg

54365aHl.jpg

td9yqlpl.jpg

jn9oESml.jpg

Download Link: Openatv 4.2 Beta Backup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭championc

Imstuck wrote: »
    Is there any way I can continue to scroll channels in cool tv away from the genre it is on at the present time? i.e. If in kids to continue scrolling into entertainment without changing channel?
    (Zardoz H4)

In CoolTVGuide, press and hold the Yellow button for BouquetList

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Folks...

I need to delete some log files as my remote is not responsive and my channels are only outputting sound.

However when I tried to FTP today (first time in months) my password (HDMU) does not work any more.

I am getting access denied?

Any idea why?

Toplink wrote: »
    Folks...

I need to delete some log files as my remote is not responsive and my channels are only outputting sound.

However when I tried to FTP today (first time in months) my password (HDMU) does not work any more.

I am getting access denied?

Any idea why?

Is it a hdmu image you are running?

Is it a hdmu image you are running?

Pretty sure it is. My brother installed it and he's in US at the minute.

I think its an image he would have got on here last April so reckon its HDMU

Thats the password that used to work anyway.

Pretty sure it is. My brother installed it and he's in US at the minute.

I think its an image he would have got on here last April so reckon its HDMU

Thats the password that used to work anyway.

Incase it's not try root and pkteam, root and blank, root and openarp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

For HDMU:
    user=root
    pwd=HDMU

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Incase it's not try root and pkteam, root and blank, root and openarp

pkteam it is... THANKS

Next questions :-)

The #2 post on this thread says to delete the /media/crossepg directory regularly

However when I look in /media I have 4 folders and none of them are crossepg (dvd, hdd, net, usb)

Next questions :-)

The #2 post on this thread says to delete the /media/crossepg directory regularly

However when I look in /media I have 4 folders and none of them are crossepg (dvd, hdd, net, usb)

/media/hdd/crossepg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lads when Im on cooltvguide I can only exit it by zapping a channel, I have gone thru the button options but can't find any one to just exit, any ideas please?

• Advertisement

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    /media/hdd/crossepg

Thanks mate. I thought that too but I dont see any files in there...

Maybe they are hidden?

Thanks mate. I thought that too but I dont see any files in there...

Maybe they are hidden?

Nothing is hidden if you're using FTP. If there isn't any files it means CrossEPG is saving to internal flash

Nothing is hidden if you're using FTP. If there isn't any files it means CrossEPG is saving to internal flash

Can that location be accessed through ftp or telnet?

I have both sessions opened here so I'll try a grep for a *.log and see what comes back.

If saving to internal flash it would most likely be saving in /var/crossepg, maybe into a data folder, do you have a /var/crossepg/data

how.gareth wrote: »
    Lads when Im on cooltvguide I can only exit it by zapping a channel, I have gone thru the button options but can't find any one to just exit, any ideas please?

What image? Is your exit button working otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

What image? Is your exit button working otherwise?

Using champs arp and the exit button works fine, it used to exit the tvguide no problem but now I just get the symbol on the screen telling me to Feck off!

If saving to internal flash it would most likely be saving in /var/crossepg, maybe into a data folder, do you have a /var/crossepg/data

Thanks lad, much appreciated.

There is a file in the called crossepg.descriptors.db and its 15,000 Kb so I assume thats one of the offenders

Thanks lad, much appreciated.

There is a file in the called crossepg.descriptors.db and its 15,000 Kb so I assume thats one of the offenders

Just delete the full data folder. You'll need to get it saving to hdd or you'll always have issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Here's a copy of my latest openatv 4.2 backup
    Download Link: Openatv 4.2 Beta Backup
    Is this your everyday runner now?

• Advertisement

Is this your everyday runner now?

I'm using it as that and having no problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement