Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike camera suggestions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

The only trouble with the SJ4000/GoPro option is the shape/size of the device. They really are awkward. Helmet mounts look plain ridiculous,.

That's what drove me to the SJ1000, on the front of my white helmet you can barely see it, from the side you notice it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

The_Sub wrote: »
    That's what drove me to the SJ1000, on the front of my white helmet you can barely see it, from the side you notice it alright.

but you lost out on video quality etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I like the remote on the TCL 200 (https://joovuu.com/gb/new-products/142-svc-200-remote.html)
    but £75 (incl delivery) for the SJ4000 can't be ignored

• Advertisement

codrulz wrote: »
    but you lost out on video quality etc.

I don't think so, according to the specs they are the same resolution but have a different lens.

Regardless I was more concerned with not having an square box on the top of my head.

This isn't me but exactly what I wanted to avoid.

DSC01437.JPG

The_Sub wrote: »
    I don't think so, according to the specs they are the same resolution but have a different lens.

Regardless I was more concerned with not having an square box on the top of my head.

This isn't me but exactly what I wanted to avoid.

fair enough, although when i have the sj4000 on my head i don't have it mounted like he does i have it to the front of the hemet just above the bell logo.
    alot better looking imho.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I like the remote on the TCL 200 (https://joovuu.com/gb/new-products/142-svc-200-remote.html)

one tcl 200 one sj4000 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I have this,it has a rear light , but the image quality is only so-so, picked up one car reg but not another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Anyone here use a go pro? I think they are the business and especially for the bike.

• Advertisement

Out of my budget unfortunately, unless there are ones equivalent to the SJ4000 that are less than €150?

mrcheez wrote: »

If anyone's looking for a genuine SJ4000 (and don't mind waiting few weeks for delivery) FoxOffer.com are selling these with extra battery and charger for around 72 euro (incl delivery)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-HD-1080P-SJ4000-Waterproof-Action-Camera-Extra-battery-and-Charger-/121391510004?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item1c437f71f4

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wisjoc

For any of those with SJ4000's, could anyone advise what the battery time is on them. I was speaking to someone who says it is little over half an hour. Which for a long commute daily or a sportive type event is far too short.

Thanks

I think it's up to an hour. Probably best to get a spare battery as in the link I put up.

I can only comment on the SJ1000 and it lasts around 90 minutes recording full HD with the lcd off.

My sj4000 has a battery of about 100 mins lcd off full hd.
    Will be getting extra batterys though just to swap at food stop in sportives for piece o mind.

Was in pc world tallaght yesterday and saw a very interesting action cam down from 180 to 70 full hd mounts the works.
    It was basically like an s74000 but branded for piece of mind, instant collection and cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Check out this , I've looked at a few vids on it it seems like a great one , you can also buy a waterproof case for it for about 25 euro . Bike mounts , and helmet mounts also available.
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/271579527575?nav=SEARCH

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

sullzz wrote: »
    Check out this , I've looked at a few vids on it it seems like a great one , you can also buy a waterproof case for it for about 25 euro . Bike mounts , and helmet mounts also available.
    http://m.ebay.ie/itm/271579527575?nav=SEARCH

A mobius from banggood is only 55ish euro...and (as you mention...) it is not water proof out of the box. I'd say this is not terribly suitable given the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

A mobius from banggood is only 55ish euro...and (as you mention...) it is not water proof out of the box. I'd say this is not terribly suitable given the application.

If you research them you can see that there are Chinese replicas available which don't give great quality recordings , so you check the person your buying off , which would mean avoiding the likes of banggood etc.
    With regards to not being suitable because of not being waterproof out of the box , I think that's why there are waterproof cases available , just like go pro cameras .

Advertisement