Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pokemon typing adventure is apparently scanning for 8.99 in Argos now. Though the website still says it's 10.99 - dropped from the new catalogue I think.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=240%2F9843

The game is no doubt rubbish, but you get a great bluetooth keyboard which apparently you can use with tablet, phone, chromecast or bluetooth-enabled TV.

Plus, the included stand for the DS works perfectly with the WiiU handset, if you're stuck with the el cheapo 8gb version like me. Perfect for map display during MK8.

Got one reserved for tomorrow, hope it is a few quid cheaper :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nintendo Downloads from Tomorrow 7th of August
    Mega Man times two, Xtreme Sports, Rabi Laby, discounts and more
    It's Monday morning, which means it's time for the Nintendo Download Update news in Europe, as we're informed of the delights on the way this week. There's a double helping of Mega Man, more retro treats, a new title and a host of discounts. Let's get to the details.

Wii U Virtual Console
    Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (Capcom, €6.99 / £6.29) — The second of this spin-off series to come to the Wii U via its Game Boy Advance library, this continues the same principles as its predecessor, though you're now battling through a tournament to win a rare Battle Chip. Expect more turn-based shenanigans, and we'll get working on a review.
    Mach Rider (Nintendo, €3.99 / £3.59) — An early NES title that was perhaps overshadowed by its contemporaries, this is nevertheless a fun, fast-paced futuristic racer. With some combat elements and a basic level editor, however, it's a rather decent retro title — you can learn more about it in our Mach Rider review. This is the US version of the game.

Wii U Virtual Console Promotion
    The following discounts are available if a copy of either NES Remix or NES Remix 2 is on the same Wii U.
    Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Nintendo, €3.49 / £2.44 until 14th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Donkey Kong Jr. (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 14th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Mario Bros. (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 14th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Kid Icarus (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 14th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    GOLF (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 14th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Baseball (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 14th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
    Tennis (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 14th August, normally €4.99 / £3.49)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
    Disney Planes (Disney, €19.99 / £17.49 until 21st August, normally €39.99 / £34.99)
    BLOK DROP U (RCMADIAX, €0.99 / £0.79 until 21st August, normally €1.49 / £1.29)
    Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko, €4.99 / £4.49 until 14th August, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
    Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, €0.49 / £0.44 until 21st August, normally €1.99 / £1.79)
    Unepic (EnjoyUp Games, €8.49 / £7.64 until 21st August, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Wii U eShop Permanent Discount Promotion
    Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes, €5.99 / £5.00 if EDGE, RUSH and Toki Tori have been downloaded from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U. Regular price is €14.99 / £12.99)

3DS eShop
    Rabi Laby 3 (Agetec, €4.99 / £4.49) — The series makes its début on 3DS, bringing more of its clever puzzles that require you to manoeuvre two characters. Not much has changed or evolved over its DSiWare predecessors, yet this is still a charming and relatively fun title — check out our Rabi Laby 3 review for the full lowdown.

3DS Virtual Console
    Mega Man II (Capcom, €3.99 / £3.59) — It's taken a little time, but this (along with the Wii U VC title above) arrives to kick off a month of Mega Man games in Europe, similar to that in North America. This portable entry continued the trend of re-purposing content from the NES titles; unfortunately it's not actually very good, in our view, as explained in our Mega Man II review.
    Xtreme Sports (WayForward, €4.99 / £4.49) — This Game Boy Color title combines a host of sports presented with a twist, while you also explore the island / venue "to find friends, foes and even a few hidden treats". We'll put a sweatband on and get cracking on a review.

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts
    Disney Planes (Disney, €14.99 / £13.49 until 21st August, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB, €3.99 / £3.59 until 21st August, normally €7.99 / £7.19)

3DS eShop Demo
    Parking Star 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, free)

LAST WEEKS DOWNLOADS STILL AVAILABLE - EXPIRE TONIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 28,923 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hear good things about Scram Kitty so may be tempted with that

• Registered Users Posts: 28,923 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wii Remote plus for £17.99 from argos UK. €23.99 from Irish argos

Wow! that's a big jump. Now €51.99 on argos.ie and £39.99 on argos.co.uk. But would they have to honour the price in the catalogue, I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

cloud493 wrote: »
    Got one reserved for tomorrow, hope it is a few quid cheaper :p

It did indeed scan for 8.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mario golf 3ds game, mario hat and 3ds xl case; wonder can this be parcelmotelled?

clickety click

sweetie wrote: »
    mario golf 3ds game. hat and 3ds xl case; wonder can this be parcelmotelled?

clickety click

I don't think you'd need to. They deliver directly, don't they?

I think it's Nintendo UK and Ireland

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't think you'd need to. They deliver directly, don't they?

I think it's Nintendo UK and Ireland

mmm, thought they didn't deliver here when they were doing that lovely wii u mario bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

mmm, thought they didn't deliver here when they were doing that lovely wii u mario bundle.

I used Parcelmotel to get stuff from them before. Although, I know of people that have had their parcelmotel orders cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still no sign of Shovel Knight coming out on 3DS, looks awesome.

• Advertisement

Maybe they don't then. But it seems daft that they wouldn't, as it says on the bottom of their page (beside a Union Jack)

Korean Gits.

Wow! that's a big jump. Now €51.99 on argos.ie and £39.99 on argos.co.uk. But would they have to honour the price in the catalogue, I wonder?

Sneaky too as it no longer includes the previous selling price info down the bottom, would be pretty certain they will honour the catalogue price, but who knows.

bought it on steam from the humble store on pc but decided to wait until it comes out on a nintendo handheld instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I hear good things about Scram Kitty so may be tempted with that

Just saw the post about the title reductions and like yourself I reckon Scram Kitty is a must buy. Tbh I have it marked on my wii u to "watch". The RRP was just that bit more than I wanted to spend on it but at a fiver I'm in. Will download tonight.

Probably pick up Abyss as well seen as though they're as much as giving it away. Looks like an interesting way to spend an evening. Mellow looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

well my wii u controller landed in ireland, customs sent me a letter tho anyone else have any bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

well my wii u controller landed in ireland, customs sent me a letter tho anyone else have any bother?

mine got through ok but had a label on it saying that it had been opened by customs

bkrangle wrote: »
    mine got through ok but had a label on it saying that it had been opened by customs

:/ hope they dont sting me. i paid by yen by accident because i forgot to change the currency type in paypal. i sent them the paypal invoice with a link to a currency converter website. the total cost was 29.11. do they include the shipping when they are doing the charge or just the cost of the item before shipping. they asked for the total including shipping so im guessing its the total charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

:/ hope they dont sting me. i paid by yen by accident because i forgot to change the currency type in paypal. i sent them the paypal invoice with a link to a currency converter website. the total cost was 29.11. do they include the shipping when they are doing the charge or just the cost of the item before shipping. they asked for the total including shipping so im guessing its the total charge.

Yeah they include shipping, which strikes me as the most ridiculous thing going!
    They probably had to though, to stop people from selling something for a tiny amount and charging a huge shipping fee.

Two of mine were opened by customs, one wasn't. I ordered them all seperately, as only one was for me. But never got charged.
    My totals came to €28 each time i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Probably pick up Abyss as well seen as though they're as much as giving it away. Looks like an interesting way to spend an evening. Mellow looking.
    Abyss is only dirt cheap if you own UnEpic - 75% off -> 50c(€1.99 otherwise)

and similarly, if you buy Abyss you get 15% off UnEpic -> €8.50 (€9.99 currently, I think)

So basically whichever way you go I think you get the pair of them for €10.50.

Can't get excited about UnEpic - the blurb is badly written, which is not a good sign for a comedy game.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/07/shovel-knight-international-status/

There's a tracker on there for the EU release - they're still in Localisation, heading in to testing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Banjo wrote: »

There's a tracker on there for the EU release - they're still in Localisation, heading in to testing.

Hurry up and take my money.

Allyall wrote: »
    Two of mine were opened by customs, one wasn't. I ordered them all seperately, as only one was for me. But never got charged.
    My totals came to €28 each time i think.

Feck, i bet its coz the invoice was in yen that they sent me the letter. Lesson learned remember to pay in euros next time

Banjo wrote: »
    Abyss is only dirt cheap if you own UnEpic - 75% off -> 50c(€1.99 otherwise)

and similarly, if you buy Abyss you get 15% off UnEpic -> €8.50 (€9.99 currently, I think)

So basically whichever way you go I think you get the pair of them for €10.50.

Can't get excited about UnEpic - the blurb is badly written, which is not a good sign for a comedy game.

Thanks for that, bookmarked and will be checking 30 times a day from now on to see if the Shovel Knight has moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Smyths have the Basic Wii U bundle on special. If you don't mind the small hard drive, it's not like 32GB's is colossal either. You'll need an external HD eventually regardless. Or if you prefer the look of white, these might interest you.

Wii U 8GB Console & NintendoLand & Just Dance14
    Was €239.99 Now €189.99

Wii U 8GB Console & Nintendo Land & Wii U Party
    Was €239.99 Now €209.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sligeach wrote: »
    Smyths have the Basic Wii U bundle on special. If you don't mind the small hard drive, it's not like 32GB's is colossal either. You'll need an external HD eventually regardless. Or if you prefer the look of white, these might interest you.

Was €239.99 Now €189.99

Was €239.99 Now €209.99

If advise anyone looking to buy at this stage wait till Black Friday on Amazon. I got mine on it this time last year for very little and with the ps4 and xboxone now out I'd say there'll be even more deals on the Wii U than last year. Also should be good deals on the PS Vita which is another console I can't recommend enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Was €239.99 Now €189.99

Was €239.99 Now €209.99

That's an amazing deal, a WiiU for 3DS money.
    Plus two games, fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Was €239.99 Now €189.99

Was €239.99 Now €209.99

If only I could convince Mrs Josey Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

If only I could convince Mrs Josey Wales.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Gamestop have the premium Lego city pack with Super Mario bros, screen protector/stylus pack and a choice of sonic racing or fifa 13 for €289. Plus any other new game for €40

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That's a pretty good deal. Lego City is very good actually, the loading times are a bit irritating (and a bit weird in this day and age) but not so bad as to put you off playing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement