Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Donovan on John Murray right now

Options
  • 28-04-2014 9:51am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Listening to Brian Donovan on John Murray right now about the new census records release today.

JM referred to the fire in the Customs House and BD did not correct him! Grr.:eek:

#ETA: http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/irish-roots-1.1774013
    John Grenham also mentioning it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

What census records are being released ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Really wish they'd do 1926. So stuck without that one :(

Good news all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

Wonder what time they will come live today?

EDIT: 5.30pm apparently.

OU812 wrote: »
    Really wish they'd do 1926. So stuck without that one :(

Good news all the same.

Didn't Fine Gael promise us that 1926 would be released if they got into power during general elections a few years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

They did.

We've discussed it on a few different threads recently. The CSO are not playing ball.

Genealogy Forum Mod

That's a pity. If FG in power can't keep the pressure on them, there's not a lot of hope for any releases any time soon.

The fragments are online now, from the looks of it.

http://137.191.247.9/

Genealogy Forum Mod

I've a possible hit in 1851. By my records, he should be 10, but this person is listed as 6. They're also from Antrim which I have to verify.

Without anything else, I've no way of confirming.

Its the only person listed by that name in 1851 in all the records & some of his siblings names are the same as the children he went on to have.

Should I "adopt" ?

I'd be cautious of "adopting" anyone without definite confirmation. I'd put him in a "possible" file for now and do research around him.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Just been talking to my mother who says there's a possible Antrim connection, as there was some sort of regular travel to Edinburgh & Kirkaldy, so it looks like I can go back another generation, on none side at least.

This would also fit in with the family getting to Dublin as his son & granddaughter lived in Louth.

Have a lot more fields to fill in, but have some cousins on both sides helping out with the promise of one from their perspective.

Pity there so many missing records.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Listening to Brian Donovan on John Murray right now about the new census records release today.

45 minutes in

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A10275941%3A4502%3A28-04-2014%3A

Advertisement