Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Late Late Show - April 11th 2014 - Does anybody even care any more :-(

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

shinny wrote: »
    I don't think she's plain at all. I think she's a pretty girl, lovely eyes. She's only 13 too!

She has a lovely unspoiled quality about her. Doubt that it will last for much longer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

brooke 2 wrote: »
    And her Mum's boyfriend, John Conroy, is the cameraman!
    He was cameraman also on Missy's previous film!! :)

What are you insinuating, brooke? Surely you're not suggesting that she's getting the parts just because she's related to a well-known boy-band father and her mum ''is known to'' the cameraman. And are you further implying that the LLS would be complicit in such nefarious nepotism?
    Hang your head in shame! :mad::mad:
    :D:D

He used to make spaghetti.

Lol!!! :)

shinny wrote: »
    Nearly as bad as Aslan!

Or the old boys at the Royal Albert Hall last night! Singing stuff from 30+ years ago!! :(

keith16 wrote: »
    Leonard Cohen would punch this priest for referring to Hallelujah as an "x-factor" song.

And rightly so.

As an aside, heard during the week that Peaches Geldof's husband, Thomas Cohen,
    is Leonard Cohen's grandson.

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    JP2............a tad informal, eh?

Isn't Michael Smith his bishop? He who placed all the restrictions on the kind of music/songs which can be played at weddings and funerals?

Francois is one fine man....

He sure is! I love his South African accent. 'Invictus' is a great film. Matt Damon
    is brilliant in it. :)

Hitchens wrote: »
    geez, Oscar has some whingy voice

Yes, it is head wrecking! Don't know how the judge puts up with it!!

I love the SA accent....

Spent some time there in the early '90's....

Drank lots of Castle....:) Happy days!

Me too, grey!

Was there in the noughties.

Beautiful country.

Sundowners in Camps Bay!! :):)

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Nah.. The Church has clamped down on music of a a non-Hymn basis at weddings & funerals;)

Wasn't it the bishop of Meath who did that? Wonder what he has had to say about this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

brooke 2 wrote: »
    As an aside, heard during the week that Peaches Geldof's husband, Thomas Cohen,
    is Leonard Cohen's grandson.

I didn't know that brooke....and we only talking about Leonard tonight....He's a sad man this weather...:(

I loved Stellenbosch, I spent many a happy day visiting the vine yards...:)

Camps Bay!...Sunsets galore!...:):):)

Did you do the trip where the two oceans meet?....I used to love going up there!

What a trip down memory lane!!...:)

It must be a complete kick in the teeth to kids who attend acting school and speech and drama to think that Missy can jump the queue because of her connections. Then again, this is Ireland, and it's always been a case of "not what you know, but who you know" in every single facet of Irish life.

Very true. Reminds me of 'author' Cecelia Ahern.

coolhull wrote: »
    What are you insinuating, brooke? Surely you're not suggesting that she's getting the parts just because she's related to a well-known boy-band father and her mum ''is known to'' the cameraman. And are you further implying that the LLS would be complicit in such nefarious nepotism?
    Hang your head in shame! :mad::mad:
    :D:D

Perish the evil thought, coolhull!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

It must be a complete kick in the teeth to kids who attend acting school and speech and drama to think that Missy can jump the queue because of her connections. Then again, this is Ireland, and it's always been a case of "not what you know, but who you know" in every single facet of Irish life.

This is a disgusting and outrageous allegation.

Signed
    Lottie Ryan

I didn't know that brooke....and we only talking about Leonard tonight....He's a sad man this weather...:(

I loved Stellenbosch, I spent many a happy day visiting the vine yards...:)

Camps Bay!...Sunsets galore!...:):):)

Did you do the trip where the two oceans meet?....I used to love going up there!

What a trip down memory lane!!...:)

Only heard about the Leonard Cohen connection once, grey - on Ireland AM when two showbiz columnists were on with Mark Cagney earlier in the week. Have never seen it written anywhere, which I find surprising. The two guys have been in the industry for years and know Bob.

Loved Stellenbosch and Paarl country! Had lunch at the Two Oceans restaurant - view was magical!

Amazing to see places outside Capetown called Bantry Rd. and Glengarriff Rd.! Some of the scenery reminded me of West Cork, especially the top of Table Mountain. :)

Would definitely love to go back!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Was there any mention of steroids or PEDs to Pienaar?
    François Pienaar, who led South Africa to victory in the 1995 Rugby World Cup, admitted last month having taken performance-boosting stimulants before his country's re-admission to international sport in 1992.

'I started taking pills because everyone else did. Nobody batted an eyelid,' Pienaar said. 'They helped you through a hard 80 minutes if you were struggling with physical fitness.'

http://www.theguardian.com/print/0,,3917613-103609,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

keith16 wrote: »
    Capella is 42 light years from earth. That means I was looking at Capella as it appeared in 1972.

Give another look in around 20 years time. It might be performing some eurodance hits from the early 90's. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Was there any mention of steroids or PEDs to Pienaar?

If a certain host had done his research maybe....;)

But, we were lucky to not to have listened to a paid LLS genealogist tracing the O'Pienaar's back to the 12th Century in Irish folklore...

That would be a hard question Frankie....

(I think, in fairness, Francois would have answered honestly, he doesn't seem to dodge hard questions..It was never going to happen with Mr. T....:()

Advertisement