Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

My Dad paid 579 for that Samsung tv and it was worth every cent-wish I had got one, but hopefully they will be back....thanks OP- (message to self-check bargain alerts more often...lol)....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Still looking for a code if anybody has one for the TV they not using.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

would appreciate a code for the samsung tv if anyones had a change of heart, greater dublin/arklow/wexford.
    thanks!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Out of stock everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Any chance this thread could be for bargains only and for someone to post if they have a spare code and take it to pm after that. I keep seeing that there are new posts and it's just another person looking for a code. Not a single new bargain has been posted since the TV one yet there are three pages of chat/code requests :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Bought this today, some may think its not a bargin but theres a good bit of money off it. Its very sturdy and goes well with the bookcase I bought during the sales at Xmas

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=719%2F3628

Especially good if any son/daughter loves the film cars!
    Storage drawers hold a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭mac1961

This could be useful if you get those TV's
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1072738

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mcw92

Cheap 32" Alba TV with Saorview for anyone just looking for any sort of tv.

Argos 179.99

Only one in stock in Kilkenny atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I know we're trying to keep this that it's only bargains, but I've noticed that every single thing that gets posted here no matter how available it is in the rest of the country, it is out of stock in Tullamore. It seems to be the worst store in the country for having stock. So much for it being an Extra store,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Quazzie wrote: »
    I know we're trying to keep this that it's only bargains, but I've noticed that every single thing that gets posted here no matter how available it is in the rest of the country, it is out of stock in Tullamore. It seems to be the worst store in the country for having stock. So much for it being an Extra store,

"It's a digrace Joe, we're being discriminated down here in Tullamore ever since Brian Cowen left office" :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

ninty wrote: »
    Samsung UE40F5300 40 Inch Full HD Freeview HD Smart LED TV 109/1678 €309,only few available wexford 5,waterford1,sligo1,killarney1.Link

This deserved it's own thread!!
    I follow this Argos bargains thread but as said before there's too much chatter so don't check every new post in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

frash wrote: »
    I follow this Argos bargains thread but as said before there's too much chatter so don't check every new post in it.
    Tough **** for you then.

Lets all change the rules to suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭istabrac77

I've a code for Waterford to be used today.

PM for details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Quazzie wrote: »
    Tough **** for you then.

Lets all change the rules to suit you.

He has a good point though.

Maybe the mods could consider a no off topic rule .

Before the German church of Aldi/Lidi disciples jump in and ruin the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

These were reserved as soon as it was posted on here.
    If you don't follow this thread properly its no ones fault but your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Out of stock everywhere.

Check Adverts lol, just seen one go up with an asking price of €500

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Check Adverts lol, just seen one go up with an asking price of €500

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Sorry for getting dragged this into to an off topic thingy but I can sit by and look at you posting a comment with no bargain alert in your comment while you are complaining about people asking for a code and not posting bargains!!!!

I have been a follower of this thread for a long time now and see nothing wrong with people sharing codes if they decided not to go ahead with the purchase. As for people asking for codes, again I don't see a problem. I have always found this to be a friendly thread with posters only happy to help others out.
    The only thing I don't like about people asking for codes is the disappointment when I see a new post and its not an item for a rock bottom price. I get over that in a nanosecond.
    How is anyone supposed to know if a bargains they post is going to attract so much interest that everyone would be looking for codes. I would imagine if a moderator deemed it necessary to cut an Item out of the thread and give it its own, they would.
    I am not really interested in arguing this with you here. If you want to take it to PM be my guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I'd prefer to see the Argos bargains setup with their own individual threads too, the way it used to be. That way you can see from the thread subject if it's something interesting.
    I would be interested in a tv, but not 95% of the argos bargain stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I'd prefer to see the Argos bargains setup with their own individual threads too, the way it used to be. That way you can see from the thread subject if it's something interesting.
    I would be interested in a tv, but not 95% of the argos bargain stuff.

Their is no rule saying all argos bargains have to go in this thread. Threads like this and the Tesco one are generally for small bargains that are not worth a thread on their own taking up the front page on the forum.

Posting about a tv with a large saving should go in its own thread, items with small savings can be posted here. One thing no one wants is more off topic posts, or hassle like the Tesco thread.

Any issues can be PM'ed to the mods here.

Let the bargains continue.......

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Razor Powerwing Scooter €49.99 link The reason i did not put the tv in its own thread is that there were only 9 left in a few locations,a thread on its own would have disappointed so many people as they would have disappeared in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Buy Doctor Who Anniversary Special Edition Dalek Set. at Argos.ie - €23.99

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1388817

All eleven versions of the Doctor have come together as a set of action figures, in a TARDIS display box, comes complete with lights, speech and sound FX with 8 classic Dalek Phrases

402-1388817UC1498153M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

Lol.
    Asking price went up to €560. Greed is good :D

neto wrote: »
    Asking price went up to €560. Greed is good :D

It's a disgrace Joe. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Absoluvely wrote: »

Picked these up, going back tomorrow. The lads in marketing must be testing photoshop, actual size of unit is about the size of the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Picked these up, going back tomorrow. The lads in marketing must be testing photoshop, actual size of unit is about the size of the iPhone.

Maybe the speakers are small but the iphone is far away?

:pac:

Edit: dammit. my apologies for the chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm still looking for one of the 42" TV posted above and a lot of the stores are saying "Unknown Status". Does this mean that they may come back in or just that the info isn't available?

I'm still hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

oops wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I emailed Argos about the 40" led tv and they have said there will be no more :mad:

Would have loved one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement