Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Kilkenny good for a "romantic" weekend break?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 2:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26

Anything to do for two lovebirds in the city for a weekend?

Nice restaurants, museums, things to see & do?

Thanks kilkenny folks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

CAUN wrote: »
    Anything to do for two lovebirds in the city for a weekend?

Nice restaurants, museums, things to see & do?

Thanks kilkenny folks. :)

I lost my virginity there to the then Mrs Banjoxed - so apart from all the sex, it really is a very good place to go for a weekend. Did I mention sex?

The Castle, St Canices Cathedral, good cafés, pubs (particularly Langtons), the Kilkenny Shop and lots of good shops make it worthwhile. That and all the Sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Kilkenny is a great place for a weekend away - loads of stuff to do and places to go (even if it is just a stroll in Kilkenny Castle Park!), really recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

You had me at sex, sounds like a great place!
    I've also had a couple of dirty weekends there so I can highly recommend it for a sex based excursion. There may also be other things to do, I'm not sure:D
    Kilkenny is a great city for a weekend, can get a bit hairy at times with stag do's and so on though. Haven't been there in a few years, must make it my business to get back!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 CAUN

Banjoxed wrote: »
    I lost my virginity there to the then Mrs Banjoxed - so apart from all the sex, it really is a very good place to go for a weekend. Did I mention sex?

The Castle, St Canices Cathedral, good cafés, pubs (particularly Langtons), the Kilkenny Shop and lots of good shops make it worthwhile. That and all the Sex.

I don't know much about Kilkenny but I have heard Langtons is full of muck savage farmers. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Muck savage farmers need love too:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Muck Savage Farmers, Great phrase! I doubt the percentage of these in Langtons is much higher or lower then any pub in the town.
    Front bar in Langtons has an over 30's kind of crowd, the nightclub at the back then is very much mid twenties and younger. Kilkenny is a fantastic spot for a weekend though.
    The Left Bank is the place to go now though rather than Langtons. You also have good pubs like Matt the Millers, Billy Byrnes and although I havent been in yet apparently Paris Texas is doing well after re-opening. Something different then down Irish town you have Brewery corner selling the craft beers.
    For the day time the shopping is quite good now and you obviously have the castle, walk by the river, tours around town. If you are driving then head out to Duiske abbey Graiguenamanagh or down to Bennetsbridge. There really is loads to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Banjoxed wrote: »

mate u on cam 4 its free to sign up thanks see you there regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

mate u on cam 4 its free to sign up thanks see you there regards brian

What?

Advertisement