Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

You only pay €3.50 so long as your parcel is under the max size for this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Only joined last month and find them totally reliable. Online shopping seems to go much more smoothly using a UK postcode. Just watch out for the package size - I ordered a small item this week but it came in a big box and they had omitted the PM number on the address label.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

used them 6 times in the past two months and have no complaints about the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I know that if you have no credit you get a text to say insufficient credit. Anyone know what happens if you have 3.50 and the parcel arrives and you are late i.e. over 48 hours? Will the locker not open due to insufficient credit? Also, when exactly does 48 hours start?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

(Copy of post made in the PM Sticky above) .....

How does ebay.co.uk and an Irish Paypal account work when using Parcel Motel?

I was able to register the Antrim address on ebay but that option does not appear to be available on paypal (Ireland Only).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I have used my account 50+ times and this week a parcel has gone missing - I went to pick it up and it wasn't in the locker and they're now in the process of trying to find it.

I was told it was in another locker, and now they don't know where it is - yet it was said that the warehouse was checked and it wasn't there for sure.

I am going nuts - this parcel is worth a fair bit to me :(

eirman wrote: »

I was able to register the Antrim address on ebay but that option does not appear to be available on paypal (Ireland Only).

You can add a new address in PayPayl itself - I've done this, you select it when you log into PayPal, not through eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

You can add a new address in PayPayl itself - I've done this, you select it when you log into PayPal, not through eBay

Thanks, but I tried that (within paypal), but I can't see how enter a UK address .... Ireland is my only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭shanec1928

eirman wrote: »

you dont need to do anything so! mine ebay is set up like that i can choose between the two address ie my own and the PM address. nothing has to be done with paypal

I have used my account 50+ times and this week a parcel has gone missing - I went to pick it up and it wasn't in the locker and they're now in the process of trying to find it.

I was told it was in another locker, and now they don't know where it is - yet it was said that the warehouse was checked and it wasn't there for sure.

I am going nuts - this parcel is worth a fair bit to me :(

You mean you opened the locker and it wasn't there. ? With respect, did you look right into the back - they are over 61 cms deep.Keep us informed.

• Advertisement

recipio wrote: »
    You mean you opened the locker and it wasn't there. ? With respect, did you look right into the back - they are over 61 cms deep.Keep us informed.

Well yes - It was a larger bottom locker, for a larger box. EMPTY

The box is now lost somewhere - they can't find it

Well yes - It was a larger bottom locker, for a larger box. EMPTY

The box is now lost somewhere - they can't find it

:confused: That is worrying. Shakes my faith a little in them. Hope you get it soon - parcels have been know to turn up.

recipio wrote: »
    :confused: That is worrying. Shakes my faith a little in them. Hope you get it soon - parcels have been know to turn up.

tell me about it - they are slow to reply, it takes 3 or 4 emails to get a response to the first one. I don't know what is going on. It's not in the warehouse, and now apparently there's a "broken" locker which an engineer has to fix and God knows how long this will take. Sounds like an excuse to me.

I am worried too, I have used them 50+ times with no problems in the last year!

tell me about it - they are slow to reply, it takes 3 or 4 emails to get a response to the first one. I don't know what is going on. It's not in the warehouse, and now apparently there's a "broken" locker which an engineer has to fix and God knows how long this will take. Sounds like an excuse to me.

I am worried too, I have used them 50+ times with no problems in the last year!

Could it just be that the wrong code was issued.? Did they ask the delivery man if he delivered it ? After all, they have cctv coverage. I'd expect them to do a complete investigation as there is a serious breach of trust here.

Well that is what I was told yes. They have checked all the lockers bar one, which is broken and won't open. So waiting on the engineer to fix it now, apparently. It should be in there, so they say

Well that is what I was told yes. They have checked all the lockers bar one, which is broken and won't open. So waiting on the engineer to fix it now, apparently. It should be in there, so they say

Hopefully. Reminds me of the definition of stress -- being told 'there is a cheque in the post' - best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cammag

My problem was of a slightly different nature.
    I registered my credit card details with Parcel Motel and my first two transactions went seamlessly, with the €3.50 charge being automatically deducted from my credit card account exactly as appropriate and the goods delivered promptly and safely.

It was during my 3rd transaction that the problem arose.
    I received a text telling me there was insufficient money in my account, but since Parcel Motel were authorised to draw from my credit card account and that was in funds, I had to ring them to find out what the issue was.

All my banking is with Danske Bank. Danske have put a security stop on all payments to Parcel Motel following some allegations of fraud during transactions, this was hinted at to me by Parcel Motel and later was fully confirmed by Danske. It applied to all requests for payment coming from Parcel Motel to all Danske customers. No exceptions, this was an across the board security step, I was told by the bank.
    Now both my credit card and my laser are Danske administered, so neither of them would be allowed pay out to Parcel Motel, my bank told me. It was a security measure in their customers' interests, the bank told me.

Now my goods from an Amazon trader were already paid for and sitting in Northern Ireland, so I couldn't just send them back for a refund.
    I just wanted to organise payment to Parcel Motel for their safe delivery to me.
    I eventually discovered an alternative form of payment, namely PayPal.
    My 2 parcels required a total payment of 7 euro, but the minimum payment accepted by Parcel Motel is €10.50, so I paid that amount by PayPal.

My 2 items were delivered later that day and I have still got €3.50 in my Parcel Motel account.

Just to clarify, nobody alleged that the alleged fraud was committed by Parcel Motel.
    My impression was that a 3rd party may somehow have been involved.
    Danske Bank were quite firm in their determination, based on "reported and confirmed incidents", but they are possibly the only bank with such a stop on payments, I suspect.
    Hopefully the matter will quickly be resolved so that my card will soon be able to make payments as before.

But if such an issue arises for anyone, use PayPal.

Wow, that's what you call Murphy's law. Its always wise to keep two credit cards active for hiccups like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any news DancingQueen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I have tried to register with Parcel Motel today, but the drop down box for choosing a motel is empty an will not let me manually enter a motel. I rang them and they said just come out of the site and go into it again and it will work. It did'nt anyone got any ideas how I can get this to work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

cofy wrote: »
    I have tried to register with Parcel Motel today, but the drop down box for choosing a motel is empty an will not let me manually enter a motel. I rang them and they said just come out of the site and go into it again and it will work. It did'nt anyone got any ideas how I can get this to work?

Just an update for anyone else with the same problem. I went into the site through firefox browser and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

When does Parcel Motel debit your card - is it when you collect your parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Discodog wrote: »
    When does Parcel Motel debit your card - is it when you collect your parcel?

When it's checked in at their depot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just a heads up parcel motel...

I am a happy PM customer and recently needed to send a large parcel to an irish address and was delighted to see that one of your new services is delivery from PM locker to an irish address.

Your prices at €9.50/10.50/11.50 for a small/medium/large parcel respectively, but parcel connect (fastway) do a service from payzone shops to any irish address for a flat €8.60 no matter what size (within limits obviously).

I hate to say it but fastway got my money this time.

But saying that, you do beat fastways pricing for a parcel to the Uk vs yours to the uk from a PM locker... PMs pricing of 14.50/15.50/16.50 vs fastways price of €19.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭prince john

I have used this so called service twice and they have managed to lose both items,They then found one after two weeks and I am still trying to get a refund for the parcel they lost.That was nearly three months ago.
    They just keep fobbing me off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I have used them 3 times through ebay, shipping only to uk. I got a meep tablet off argos on ebay which cost me 73.50 new, there 100 here new on offer in smyths online but they are no longer stocking them and are sold out. So am obviously delighted with parcel motel saves a trip to newry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

I have a parcel sitting in Belfast since 8am yesterday morning got onto them today asking why it never showed up on my account and low and behold 5 mins after it appeared and was told can take a couple of days to deliver, yet people I know have had parcels shipped from Belfast to here in 24 hours, seem to be really hit and miss with the service

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

Signed up to this service last week. Ordered a game off Amazon.co.uk, there was no tracking but they said the item was dispatched on Thursday 14th Nov & should arrive Friday 15th Nov by 1st class delivery. I chose the NI address.
    I was hoping to get the game on Saturday but it's Monday now and still nothing.
    Would it usually take this long? Getting a bit worried now.

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Signed up to this service last week. Ordered a game off Amazon.co.uk, there was no tracking but they said the item was dispatched on Thursday 14th Nov & should arrive Friday 15th Nov by 1st class delivery. I chose the NI address.
    I was hoping to get the game on Saturday but it's Monday now and still nothing.
    Would it usually take this long? Getting a bit worried now.

I find a lot of retailers on Amazon use second class or 'economy' postage, so that might be the delay. When the item appears on the PM website I always get it the next morning , so relax !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭LauraW7746

It was sold and dispatched by Amazon but yeah maybe I need to relax a little, it's just my 1st time using them so just eager for it all to go well as Amazon will be dispatching another game this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement