Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hall of shame

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Arise thread.....

This one definitely takes the biscuit for a car that came in here.....

I needed to check the airbag module, just the console out to gain access
    Image1004.jpg
    Image1005.jpg
    Image1006.jpg

The blue box is the phone kit, module behind it. It's meant to be a silver unit....
    Image1007.jpg

I thought it was a packet of M&M's. Oh no :rolleyes:
    Image1008.jpg

Yep, this was my airbag module
    Image1009.jpg

Which begs the question, what kind of person did this and how do they sleep at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

That's factory,it's an Alfa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

tossy wrote: »
    That's factory,it's an Alfa :D

It is not! I was expecting a box of milk tray or chocolate swiss roll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Ya its one of those pedigree modules, very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Paddypowered

Customer felt the car was pulling to one side....;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Oh fcuk! :eek:

Another one I came across recently....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Is that off a Civic/Stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Saw this gem yesterday. I left a note on the windshield of the 07 reg 4x4 and only hope they get it changed before it comes apart.

43c03f1e-a505-41d2-b478-0370d3f16e45_zpsa905e2cd.jpg

Indeed - see what comes next, here :eek:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

jayok wrote: »
    Is that off a Civic/Stream?

Nope, Outlander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 jk536

Couldnt believe when I seen this tyre getting out of my car the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

jk536 wrote: »

While in getting a new set of tyres put on i saw a lad in a very felty a4 ahead of me getting two new (part worn, cos they were 19"s) front tyres on. No bother says i until my turn came. While my car was up in the air i saw yer mans tyres by the wall. The whole inner shoulder was worn beyond the wire on both tyres! He had lowered the fcuk out of his car but neglected the camber change while doing so and the front tyres wore away on the inner shoulder.
    These spastics are all around us, threatening our lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

shedweller wrote: »
    While in getting a new set of tyres put on i saw a lad in a very felty a4 ahead of me getting two new (part worn, cos they were 19"s) front tyres on. No bother says i until my turn came. While my car was up in the air i saw yer mans tyres by the wall. The whole inner shoulder was worn beyond the wire on both tyres! He had lowered the fcuk out of his car but neglected the camber change while doing so and the front tyres wore away on the inner shoulder.
    These spastics are all around us, threatening our lives.

Modified cars aren't that big here and young guys often just cut the springs. Pity as if done right modified cars add a splash of colour to drab and dull euro boxes on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jk536 wrote: »
    Do you remember it getting into your car though? :)

Without wanting to go all Stasi, we should really report issues like this. Someone's life might be saved - even if only that of the driver or occupants of the car. Cars like this should be seized on the spot.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nothing compared to anything on here, but the reason I'd consider it hall of shame is more due to the car...

Saw a gorgeous R8 earlier, went over to have a look..... and it was on Nankangs! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Nothing compared to anything on here, but the reason I'd consider it hall of shame is more due to the car...

Saw a gorgeous R8 earlier, went over to have a look..... and it was on Nankangs! :eek:

Nnankangs actually not bad tyre at all , very good budget tyre, but I cannot see that on expensive car . must be owner saving money :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭GE90

Another photo from micks garage facebook page. Apparently it came out of a VW transporter which was driven exclusively in 3rd gear as the driver could not drive a manual :eek:

1617578_10151961843926801_1846264184_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

GE90 wrote: »
    Another photo from micks garage facebook page. Apparently it came out of a VW transporter which was driven exclusively in 3rd gear as the driver could not drive a manual :eek:
    Eh, 3rd gear and Reverse if you don't mind! :)

Heard of this years ago - an 'older' customer used to have the dealer modify his new vehicle so that it would only select 3rd or Reverse. Not really a problem if you know how to slip the clutch properly, and know enough to have a new clutch fitted before the above pic happens....

Sure they say you can go from 0-100mph in 4th gear on a Hardly-Davidson (sic) - but why would you be on one in the first place?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭nct tester

First picture is of a car that came in for full test with rusty brake pipes already leaking and probably on the point of bursting.

Second picture is of a badly cracked alloy that the owned didn't know about.

Third picture is of a mercedes front suspension with a collapsed/broken spring.

Truly shocking, did the alloy owner try to glue it in to place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

One guy said there is some noise comming out of his '97 vw polo 1.4 engine. Ok, had look ;)

Looks ok to me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

nct tester wrote: »
    First picture is of a car that came in for full test with rusty brake pipes already leaking and probably on the point of bursting.

The first 2 are fairly shocking :eek::eek:

Good to see you back around these parts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The first car is a civic?

The cracked wheel is very noticeable, can't believe the owner never noticed it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sincerely hope that's when the fail dangerous sticker came out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Slideways

When I was testing (commercials) I had several vans blow brake pipes on the rollers. Berlingos and Caddys were the more common ones if I remember correctly

Here's a wee boo-boo v16 50L cummins turned into a V14 and got a new inspection hole.

Last photo shows your worst nightmare when you take the lid off a hydraulic tank

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Slideways wrote: »
    When I was testing (commercials) I had several vans blow brake pipes on the rollers. Berlingos and Caddys were the more common ones if I remember correctly

Here's a wee boo-boo v16 50L cummins turned into a V14 and got a new inspection hole.

Last photo shows your worst nightmare when you take the lid off a hydraulic tank
    Whats the brown hair all over the crankcase?
    Kangaroo get shredded or something?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Slideways

Thats bits of oil spill pads Id say. It made a hell of a mess when it went pop and the enviromental crowd are highly strung around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭nct tester

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The first car is a civic?

The cracked wheel is very noticeable, can't believe the owner never noticed it

No it's an Almera N16 model. Very common.

• Advertisement

Anyone who drives an almera has no interest in cars

Advertisement