Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Football Final Maigh Eo vs Baile Átha Cliath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Draw
    Well you named Nolan twice, and McMahon may actually start replacing the young O' Brien, and Cullen is gone, so you have only managed to name Daly, who I know noting about.

Daly and Nolan, that's two. And then McMahon, who might actually start, thus replacing another defender, is a third. That wasn't too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Draw
    iDave wrote: »
    Dublins personal ref get its :eek:

Yeah we've tried rotating it .. brought in a couple of Meath lads to ref us .. but for some reason there's a bitterness there in Meath... any ideas why? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shannonterese

Dublin
    It's amusing to see some posters on here saying that Mayo won't be too happy with the ref. Nothing could be further from the truth, the word delighted would be nearer the mark. In any case, the ref will not be the difference in this game, sorry so called game. Dublin will get some trouncing in this, all they do is run. I'm afraid that won't be much good come match day. Mayo by 14/15 points at least, that should quieten the drunken Hill 16 latecomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Draw
    It's amusing to see some posters on here saying that Mayo won't be too happy with the ref. Nothing could be further from the truth, the word delighted would be nearer the mark. In any case, the ref will not be the difference in this game, sorry so called game. Dublin will get some trouncing in this, all they do is run. I'm afraid that won't be much good come match day. Mayo by 14/15 points at least, that should quieten the drunken Hill 16 latecomers.

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Draw

D-, must work harder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dublin

Lol, you truly are mental :D

Welcome to boards.ie btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Draw
    Why does The Hill always get all the credit for the latecomers :(

Draw
    ask that question in the mayo thread...and they will answer you.

last year was a game in which he did everything possible to shaft Mayo. thats two times now he has gotten dublin finals, he refs Dublin training and challenge games, has connections to Dublin and lots of other reasons - too much familarity with Dublin.

he should not be reffing it, end of.

He has absolutely no affiliation with Dublin GAA. He does not referee training games. Pat McEnaney and Dublin referees do.

He has been rewarded the game as at this present time he is the best referee in the GAA. The referee will have no say in who wins this game. The best team on the day will win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Dublin
    sgarvan wrote: »
    He has absolutely no affiliation with Dublin GAA. He does not referee training games. Pat McEnaney and Dublin referees do.

He has been rewarded the game as at this present time he is the best referee in the GAA. The referee will have no say in who wins this game. The best team on the day will win it.

There have been plenty of games, in all sports, where refereeing decisions have decided the outcome. How can you say, with any degree of certainty, this will not be the case come AI final day?

Draw
    There have been plenty of games, in all sports, where refereeing decisions have decided the outcome. How can you say, with any degree of certainty, this will not be the case come AI final day?

I think he meant there wouldnt be any bias towards one team or the other.

• Advertisement

Draw

Obviously I can't say without any certainty. The man is human and will call it as he sees it. How he referees will not have an outcome on the game. Two very good teams will take to the pitch on the 22nd and the best on the day will win.
    Slattsy wrote: »
    I think he meant there wouldnt be any bias towards one team or the other.

Thats it.

God, it is going to be a long 11 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Draw
    It's funny, half an hour before throw in on the semi final the Hill was the most filled part of ground :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Draw

The same question is asked of the few genius posters claiming he will 'do all he can to hand it to Dublin' and 'single handedly won it for Dublin in 2011, so he'll do the same this time'. How can they with any degree of certainty say that will be the case? Answer simply is, vocal chords located in the rectum of some!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kevmy85

A Mayo man and personally I'm fairly happy with McQuillian. I think he is actually the best ref around at the moment. He did absolutely shaft us in 2009 when he was coming to prominence as a senior intercounty ref but at this stage he's ok.

He done alright last year in the semi and against Donegal in the quarters. Also the last time we won a national title (2006 U21) I believe he was reffing

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Draw
    yop wrote: »
    Lol, you truly are mental :D

Welcome to boards.ie btw ;)

Possibly a welcome back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Draw
    It would be a shame if this thread was destroyed by BS talk about the ref before a ball is even kicked.

Any lack of yellow cards for Mayo towards the end of the same match up last year were revisited to Mayo in the first 20 min of the final due to Brolly giving out stats and people getting to the ref. At any rate they were only yellow cards and not reds, looking back it did not really help Mayo beat Dublin, but it went against Mayo in the final IMHO.

I don't think that the same tricks will work now by any management team. things went Dublins way in 2011 to some degree but we deserved the win overall IMO, there are always sour grapes from some.

I'm fairly certain that Gilroys Dublin team would have acted the same way as Horans Mayo did if they were in the same position that Mayo played themselves into last year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dublin
    Stoner wrote: »
    Possibly a welcome back.

lol, I spotted that. But with the long break, its a welcome to GAA boards.ie ;)

Draw
    If I could vote again I might go for a Draw after the hurling, big money spinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Dublin
    Stoner wrote: »
    If I could vote again I might go for a Draw after the hurling, big money spinner.

Worth sticking a tenner on it, would pay for the ticket if it goes to a replay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Dublin
    I would abso-fcuking-lutely love another draw. Anything to piss off the vermin that inhabited the despise gaa thread in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Draw
    the week of the final and no update on the thread in 5 days:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Draw
    That'd be the nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Draw
    Seems both set of fans have talked down their chances so much there's no talking at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

the week of the final and no update on the thread in 5 days:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh don't worry, it will be nuts here by Wednesday

Draw
    I still dont have a ticket :(:o :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

People just want this morning and day to start :) Think everyone knows as well unlikely to be any big calls or suprises. It's going to be same 15's with Cillian OConnor in/out. Either way no big shock.
    - Both captains under slight pressure on their place but they'll both start. Disruptive to a panel to drop your captain
    - Both teams are on top 2 form so it's just a waitin game now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Draw
    Stephen Cluxton is under pressure for his starting spot on the team? :eek: That's news to me boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Stephen Cluxton is under pressure for his starting spot on the team? :eek: That's news to me boss.
    There's a young lad over in Howth ... nah mixup on my part. Brennan under slight pressure for his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Draw
    I think GB will start. He got a roasting off Colm Cooper alright, but we're not playing Kerry again & there's only one Colm Cooper, thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Dublin
    i honestly think its going to come down to who wants it more.

Advertisement