Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doheny & nesbitt incident

Options
  • 18-07-2013 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭

what do people think of the harassment of Pat Rabitte enjoying a pint tonight in doheny & nesbitts.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ugly-scenes-as-rabbitte-confronted-by-protesters-in-pub-29428851.html

I am as angry as anyone about the current recession , but to blame the labour party for what is happening , in a bully boy attack - I have to say I think he was very restrained, under trying circumstances. The Gardai seamed very slow to re-act - I seam to be angrier than ever , but rabbitte was not responsible for the bank guarnatee fiasco , that has crippled this country - he is an elected politician , regardless of whether you like him or not - is he entitled to a drink ? who am I to say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Eirigí will blame anyone who is not a shinner cnut. While I've no love for Rabbitte, I've nothing but hatred for those pricks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Pretty ****ty stuff to be doing. The man has just been doing his job. He's not done anything illegal or intentionally malicious that we know of.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

A line's been crossed here Baz, everyone is entitled to a quiet pint in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Thuggishness and well out of order in my opinion. Same as protesting outside a politicians home - there are boundries and this is intimidation, pure and simple. There's a line seperating legitimate protest and harassment, surprise surprise - Eirigi as usual crossed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Well he did break his election promises and to rub salt in the would stated
    "“Isn’t that what you tend to do during an election?” when asked if he admitted to breaking pre-election vows."

Watch from 1 minute in, 9 seconds is enough to see the character of Pat Rabbitte.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Now that's going too far, protesters following a Minister out of the Dáil into a pub and one trying to assault him is personal.

This isn't the first time this happened to Rabbitte either.

JJayoo wrote: »
    "“Isn’t that what you tend to do during an election?” when asked if he admitted to breaking pre-election vows."

Watch from 1 minute in, 9 seconds is enough to see the character of Pat Rabbitte.

Doesn't matter a toss to the matter at hand - a job is a job, and when you clock off for the day you clock off for the day. Don't like what a politician is doing? Protest their Constituency Office, march to the Dail, vote them out when the time comes. But this is no less out of order than the thugs following him into his living room - in that it's completely out of order. And I say this as someone with no love for the Government.

Fascist antics as is now standard fare for Eirigi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

How dare he go for a quiet pint after work. Despicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

And that gives these scumbags the right to confront him aggressively and abuse him?

I'm no fan of Labour, but Rabitte isn't the worst in their ranks but even if he was no one deserves to be treated like he was by these attention seeking clowns

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter a toss to the matter at hand - a job is a job, and when you clock off for the day you clock off for the day. Don't like what a politician is doing? Protest their Constituency Office, march to the Dail, vote them out when the time comes. But this is no less out of order than the thugs following him into his living room - in that it's completely out of order. And I say this as someone with no love for the Government.

Fascist antics as is now standard fare for Eirigi

Which law exactly did they break? Plus when Pat Rabbitte "clocks off" do the parents who he lied to and who voted based on his lies do they also clock off from losing out?

• Advertisement

Eirigí will blame anyone who is not a shinner cnut. While I've no love for Rabbitte, I've nothing but hatred for those pricks.

You can bet among their ranks are the same clowns who pipe up at every opportunity to tell us all how "cowardly" and "afraid to stand up and protest" us Irish are

Well if this what they think protesting is I'm glad to be a coward

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I notice on fb that the Direct Democracy Bizarros are loving the video too.

They're as odd as Eirigi are annoying

Which law exactly did they break? Plus when Pat Rabbitte "clocks off" do the parents who he lied to and who voted based on his lies do they also clock off from losing out?

Well there were several public order offences in the video alone

And, btw, the parents he lied to probably have more important things to be doing on a Tuesday evening than mindlessly berating a politician

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Rabble rabble rabble, oi oi oi...

If that is the level of discourse these idiots have to offer then they should fcuk off and get a life and a brain.

Which law exactly did they break?

What law did Pat Rabbitte break to deserve this extra-judicial harassment? Just because they may not be breaking the law doesn't mean they're not being *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

No sympathy,if he and his colleagues continue to allow this country to be run into the ground,and allow the people responsible to escape unscathed and collect grotesque salaries and pensions while the vulnerable suffer,then he should be prepared to deal with the consequences of angry citizens.

Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

couple of points there lads....................

the 3 who spotted and spoke to him first are NOT in eirigi

how many people are unable to "go for a pint" due to financial restrictions, a direct cause of labour/fg policies?

how many of you read the article?
    "He stayed for a short time after the protesters were removed from the pub before returning to the Dail to cast a vote." - last week the country was up in arms over the dail bar being open during voting on the abortion legislation amendments, and what went on that night..... and this is so far removed...?

"As he left the pub, Mr Rabbitte told how the protesters had originally been outside the Dail but then followed him up to the pub." he was NOT followed anywhere, he was simply spotted by some protesters on their way home

And, btw, the parents he lied to probably have more important things to be doing on a Tuesday evening than mindlessly berating a politician

Yes they are prob wondering where they will find the money after pat lied to them and got their vote.

No sympathy,if he and his colleagues continue to allow this country to be run into the ground,and allow the people responsible to escape unscathed and collect grotesque salaries and pensions while the vulnerable suffer,then he should be prepared to deal with the consequences of angry citizens.

Do you know what the role of a TD is? It doesn't involve arresting or prosecuting people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Trespassing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Q: Eirigi?
    A: Eugenics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

He wasn't asked in that clip if be 'admitted to breaking pre election vows'.
    He 'admits' to keeping things simple.

Interviewer: "You didn't go into all that detail before the election. You kept it really simple. Protect Child Benefit- Vote Labour"
    Rabbitte: "Yeah. Isn't that what you tend to do during an election."

Why do people insist on misrepresenting the content of this clip?

Yes they are prob wondering where they will find the money after pat lied to them and got their vote.

Regardless of what he has done in his political life he doesn't deserve to be harassed and abused in his private life. You seem to think he should be fair game for this thuggish behavior, and I suppose if that's in your nature fair enough

If I have a problem with a political party/politician I'll exercise my democratic right to not vote for them, or protest in a constructive manner

I'll leave the attention seeking personal harassment to the eirigi thugs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jank wrote: »
    Rabble rabble rabble, oi oi oi...

If that is the level of discourse these idiots have to offer then they should fcuk off and get a life and a brain.
    They have one. Unfortunately they need to share it.

What law did Pat Rabbitte break to deserve this extra-judicial harassment? Just because they may not be breaking the law doesn't mean they're not being *****.

I think you should get off the internet and stay indoors from now on as there are a lot of ***** in the world.

Plus as pointed out if anyone had bothered to read the piece "He stayed for a short time after the protesters were removed from the pub before returning to the Dail to cast a vote"

So much for your clocking off after work lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Do you know what the role of a TD is? It doesn't involve arresting or prosecuting people.

Yeah,the role of a TD's of Rabitte's ilk is to lie to get into power,then look out for themselves and the interest of their wealthy mates.

Hence I have no problem with these rightfully angry citizens who interupted his boozing session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I AM POSTING MY POST AGAIN AS IT SEEMS PEOPLE WHO HAVE REPLIED MUST NOT HAVE READ IT:

couple of points there lads....................

the 3 who spotted and spoke to him first are NOT in eirigi

how many people are unable to "go for a pint" due to financial restrictions, a direct cause of labour/fg policies?

how many of you read the article?
    "He stayed for a short time after the protesters were removed from the pub before returning to the Dail to cast a vote." - last week the country was up in arms over the dail bar being open during voting on the abortion legislation amendments, and what went on that night..... and this is so far removed...?

"As he left the pub, Mr Rabbitte told how the protesters had originally been outside the Dail but then followed him up to the pub." he was NOT followed anywhere, he was simply spotted by some protesters on their way home

I think you should get off the internet and stay indoors from now on as there are a lot of ***** in the world.

I don't really see your point here?
    Plus as pointed out if anyone had bothered to read the piece "He stayed for a short time after the protesters were removed from the pub before returning to the Dail to cast a vote"

So much for your clocking off after work lol

I did read it. So what?

We live in a democracy - politicians are judged and if necessary punished by the democratic process, not by thugs harassing and assaulting them.

Politicians are doing a job at the end of the day - regardless of what you think of the decisions that they make, it's unreasonable and frankly idiotic to suggest that they are an acceptable target for random harassment while they are having a ****e/having their lunch/grabbing a pint/doing normal things.

There are boundries

• Advertisement

nice_very wrote: »
    I AM POSTING MY POST AGAIN AS IT SEEMS PEOPLE WHO HAVE REPLIED MUST NOT HAVE READ IT:

=

NOTICE ME :rolleyes:

Advertisement