Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erewhon (pron. E-re-whon) By Samuel Butler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

I did not get a chance to read the book, but my friend, Epstein, read it in 2 days, then wrote a book report on it in Creative Writing.

In the spirit of not revealing any spoilers, he encapsulated the story metaphorically. By the way, my wife is feeling much better now . . . mind over matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

I a m reading it at the moment but I keep forgetting my kindle in the morning. It drags a bit, don't cha think...?

OK - so I cannot finish this book. IT's AWFUL! So so so boring. It is written like a report on something - a really boring state funded report. How did you get through this at all - it's shockingly bad.

Weebley..weebley...weebley

Epstein..epstein...epstein

Echooooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

So sorry, hcass . . .

I have a lot of splainin' to do, but I cannot do it here. I'll be back later this week in Creative Writing? Maybe you could start a "Nowhere" thread in the meantime and link it here . . . I don't like to start threads as a rule, and the Lit Forum does not seem to want me here, although I have not transgressed any unwritten rules (yet.)

I told Epstein to hang back and say nothing for the past few weeks, but we had a an E.D. (Exploit Dysfunction) that infected our site. He had to take immediate evasive Site Security action - i.e. some mutha 'uckas were 'uckin' wid our shi',. Actually, it was more like B.E.D. (Blackhat Exploit Dysfunction (type 1720)) . . .

Well, Epstein flipped them the bird, and now I'm off to The Musical Banks . . . It's Business Time!

Just so this stays on topic and relates to the book, Erewhon >>> up, up and away in my beautiful twice the speed of sound pointy nosed balloon . . . hey, that's a Zeppelin, innit?

• Advertisement

Ah Jaysis, you're always landing yourself in trouble with these Boardsies aren't ye?

Sure, I'll see you over on Creative Writing. Caoi!

Advertisement