Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you bring a dog on the DART?

Options
  • 29-05-2013 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Not a seeing eye dog or anything, but wanna bring the mutt out to Howth head, but only transport available is the DART. He's house trained etc., so would it be alright if I brought him aboard do ya think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

ive seen a right few dogs on the dart. most of them are still wearing their pyjamas

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

gowley wrote: »
    ive seen a right few dogs on the dart. most of them are still wearing their pyjamas
    Behave.

You can bring a lap dog or a dog in a travel box, subject to staff being happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

Victor wrote: »
    Behave.

You can bring a lap dog or a dog in a travel box, subject to staff being happy with it.
    sorry victor. id say you can bring a guide dog aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

previous thread on the subject not so long ago:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84068084
    No, dogs are not allowed on DARTs apart from lap dogs and guide dogs

The rules
    http://www.irishrail.ie/index.jsp?p=120&n=155

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

previous thread on the subject not so long ago:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84068084

That said, I see them on a regular basis. It might depend what stations you're getting on/off at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Yes, you can bring your dog on the Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

You can as far as I can see, as I see them quite often; obvious precautions though, lead, muzzle, so on.

Also gowley, I think youre warning was worth it. Serious chuckle here!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm suprised dogs unmuzzled are allowed on, leaves Irish Rail exposed to big claims should a dog attack anyone travelling on the train.*

*Guide dogs excused.

I'm suprised dogs unmuzzled are allowed on, leaves Irish Rail exposed to big claims should a dog attack anyone travelling on the train.*

*Guide dogs excused.

Only if that dog was working for Irish Rail :)

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Yes, you can bring your dog on the Dart.

No. You can bring certain dogs which meet the conditions only.
    Only if that dog was working for Irish Rail
    Well if station or train staff fail to stop a dog and owner from boarding it's their fault and they have endangered passengers through not enforcing rules.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

who is going to stop you? Personally I enjoy the company of a dog!

No. You can bring certain dogs which meet the conditions only.

Well if station or train staff fail to stop a dog and owner from boarding it's their fault and they have endangered passengers through not enforcing rules.

If a passenger bites another passenger, is that the fault of Irish Rail.

If you get bitten by a dog the you sue the dog owner not Irish Rail.

Why are you saying no to my reply when i said that you can take a dog on the dart when you have said that you can bring a dog on the train as well?????

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

alphamule wrote: »
    who is going to stop you? Personally I enjoy the company of a dog!

I don't particularly, don't feel they should be imposed on people, they should perhaps assign the last carriage of the DART for dogs, that way anyone who doesn't want to be around them can avoid.

Hilly Bill wrote: »

Why are you saying no to my reply when i said that you can take a dog on the dart when you have said that you can bring a dog on the train as well?????

Because you just said a blanket yes when that is clearly not the case. There are clear and obvious restrictions and not every dog meets then and can travel.

Because you just said a blanket yes when that is clearly not the case. There are clear and obvious restrictions and not every dog meets then and can travel.

The thread title says " Can you bring a dog on the dart?" I said yes you can because thats all that the op asked. How is that wrong when you are allowed to bring dogs on the dart????
    Are you saying my answer of yes is wrong because i didnt outline the terms and conditions as well? If so then thats just picking .
    The terms and conditions of bringing dogs on trains can be found on the Irish Rail web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stop splitting hairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

I don`t see a problem with dogs on the train. Fair play to them, less annoying than screaming kids or noisy schoolchildren.

Of course certain breeds shouldn`t be allowed, but this would be hard to enforce, as is the term "Lap Dog".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Example of a Lap Dog:

8916027170_18615f485c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Pair of dark glasses and a cane and you're away or you could consider ...

:cool: Mail Attachment.gif

Advertisement