Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warm spell from Sunday 5th May ?.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

for the second time this week the galtees this evening after a nice warm morning.
    4uyx05.jpg
    summit is 3018 feet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

strange weather? Northern Scandinavia / Lapland warmer than the Costa del Sol (at time of posting 9utc)

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reurmett.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its being fed up from Russia/Ukraine by the combinations of high and low pressure, its why it'll be a warming up here from Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Sunday will be cooler than today. Some predictions for a Northerly. Still in FI. But it's looking like it will be chilly for a while.

How often do you see this

70vu4g.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

its gorgeous in dublin. whats going on? i wasnt expecting this based on forecasts. I'll gladly take it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Great in Meath, too. A few more hours of this and I'll be sunburned nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

a wait for warm weather is to be expected, the weather is always hard while the blackthorn is flowering, then some softness until the whiethorn commences to flower, which has not started yet, this happens each and every year, unless there is an execption, at the risk of being laughed at, the blackbirds are still hopping along the sides of the the byroads, another sign of hard weather.

Still dull down here, but I just about detect that the cloud is thinning,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Great in Meath, too. A few more hours of this and I'll be sunburned nicely.

Cloudy now. Was hoping to get s'more before the Premiership kicked off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Cloudless sunny 17C. Wasn't expecting such a glorious day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Stunning day on the east coast forecasters haven't a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

What an amazing day! Feels summery outside despite temps being only at 16C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Stunning day on the east coast forecasters haven't a clue

:confused: The forecast last night was for a cloudy day with sunny breaks on the east coast and highs around 17C which is exactly what we've got

No sight of the sun here or for 95% of the country, dull and gloomy at 14C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Harps wrote: »
    :confused: The forecast last night was for a cloudy day with sunny breaks on the east coast and highs around 17C which is exactly what we've got

No sight of the sun here or for 95% of the country, dull and gloomy at 14C

Thing is, there are no sunny breaks. Not a cloud in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Splitting the stones here in North Dublin. What a cracking day.

:( bet the cloud breaks at about 8 pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

Best day in nearly a month was up at 8 this morning and it was cloudy thought it would stay like that for rest of day but after 11 cloud just lifted and its 18c out now according to car and not cloud in sight (Wicklow)
    great to see:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Sunniest day of 2013 so far in Dublin, absolute blue skies all afternoon touching 16C.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great day today, unfortunately had too much college work to enjoy it. Clouding over now tho.

was a beautiful sunny day. Got some sunburn just sitting reading the sunday papers in the garden.

I know this has probably been done to death, but the irish sun always seems very strong to me when we do get it.:) I seem to burn/tan quicker than if I were abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭cml387

mike65 wrote: »
    :( bet the cloud breaks at about 8 pm!

Emmm 19:22 precisely in Clonmel:rolleyes:

Jake1 wrote: »
    was a beautiful sunny day. Got some sunburn just sitting reading the sunday papers in the garden.

I know this has probably been done to death, but the irish sun always seems very strong to me when we do get it.:) I seem to burn/tan quicker than if I were abroad.

The Irish have the wrong skin for the sun and are so unused to it it always feels very warm! Actually the reason the summer sun, when it finally shows itself, feels so hot is down to relative humidity. If you go to say central Italy in July it will be 35 but with very dry air it doesn't kill you, get here 35 and we'd be melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Meltdown on Friday according to met eire:

Friday: Mostly cloudy over Connacht and west Munster with patches of rain, drizzle and fog and temperatures here of 10 to 132 degrees. Somewhat milder elsewhere with sunny spells and temperatures rising to about 15 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yet the deniers will continue to refuse to accept 'global warming'. :pac:

Dull and mild, could get very warm if the sun breaks through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

11C, dull and drizzly here and looks like we're back to northerlies for the rest of the week, so much for a warm spell..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Calm, dry but dull - 13C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will gladly accept calm, dry, dull and moderately warm

over

windy, wet and cold.

Advertisement