Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nook Touch Simple eReader - €40 [Via Littlewoods]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Folks who placed Littlewoods orders: Did you get an order confirmation email? I can log in to the LW site and get my transaction record and the the 'Order Being Processed' message, but I have no email as yet. Is this normal?

Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Folks who placed Littlewoods orders: Did you get an order confirmation email? I can log in to the LW site and get my transaction record and the the 'Order Being Processed' message, but I have no email as yet. Is this normal?

Ta!
    You should have got an Order Confirmation directly after ordering alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Just in case any of you are on the hunt for covers I'd started a thread on the talk to forums with currys. Just picked up a black official "oliver" cover from Currys in LiffeyValley. They also have nook international chargers reduced to €7 and the shop mgr offered it to me for €4 because I was buying the case - but I passed as I have drawers full of chargers. Note all the currys.ie links don't work anymore so I've posted the products below from .co.uk

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056938685

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/ereaders/ereader-accessories/barnes-noble-nook-oliver-cover-black-18877438-pdt.html

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/ereaders/ereader-accessories/barnes-noble-nook-international-adapter-18877439-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Ta!

It took me about a day to get a confirmation email and get my status updated from 'Order being processed' to 'Order being processed in the warehouse'. Another day later and I'm still at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

donnacha wrote: »
    Just in case any of you are on the hunt for covers I'd started a thread on the talk to forums with currys. Just picked up a black official "oliver" cover from Currys in LiffeyValley. They also have nook international chargers reduced to €7 and the shop mgr offered it to me for €4 because I was buying the case - but I passed as I have drawers full of chargers. Note all the currys.ie links don't work anymore so I've posted the products below from .co.uk
    Yep.. already enquired on thread as to stock in Sligo.

Might wait til I get despatch notification from LW before picking it up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Ta!

I got an email straight away and says now its processing in warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056938685

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/ereaders/ereader-accessories/barnes-noble-nook-oliver-cover-black-18877438-pdt.html

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/ereaders/ereader-accessories/barnes-noble-nook-international-adapter-18877439-pdt.html

Are they sleeves or are they folio style?
    I'm looking for something like this, but i don't like the elastics, and i don't like these at all

THIS is a pretty good offer.
    as is THIS
    - Nearly everything included in the 2nd one, for €11 delivered. Gettin' it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Allyall wrote: »
    Are they sleeves or are they folio style?
    I'm looking for something like this, but i don't like the elastics, and i don't like these at all

THIS is a pretty good offer.
    as is THIS
    - Nearly everything included in the 2nd one, for €11 delivered. Gettin' it. :)

Can't access ebay here at work so can't compare to your links.
    You can view a range of the Oliver pictures on the B&N website - just click more: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/oliver-bcrf-cover-in-bright-pink/23994596

Main reason I got it was because reviews of the clips for holding it seem good - i.e. no viewing impairment. A few of the other official Nook cases are made for multiple products and don't fit as snugly as this range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Order Status
    What's happening with my order?

Date of Order: 01/05/2013Original
    Delivery Date: By 10/05/2013
    Parcel: 1 of 1Latest
    Delivery Date: By 10/05/2013

This parcel contains
    Item Number: 34TQT, NOOK® Simple Touch eReader BLACK ONE SIZE, QTY (1)
    Latest tracking information
    01/05/2013 03:31 Order being processed at warehouse
    01/05/2013 14:51 Despatched
    02/05/2013 01:58 Received at BRISTOL DEPOT
    02/05/2013 02:29 At incorrect depot BRISTOL DEPOT
    Comments
    02/05/2013 03:29
    We apologise, there will be a slight delay in the delivery of your parcel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My Littlewoods order is still being processed in the warehouse, ordered about 11.30am yesterday. Really hope the order doesn't get cancelled, husband just bought a cover for it online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭splish

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yes, you can use the nookstore from Ireland.
    When I setup an account with the nook store there is only an option for the UK under billing address. How do you get around this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

splish wrote: »
    When I setup an account with the nook store there is only an option for the UK under billing address. How do you get around this?

I used the parcel motel address as my billing address and it seems to have worked fine. My order still hasn't shipped, but the status has gone from "recieved" to "in process", and I got an email to say that it was "scheduled to ship".

• Registered Users Posts: 30,122 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Littlewood order on processing for the last 24hours. Ordered 7am yesterday. Really hope it gets shipped out. Had trouble with them before for a different bargain alert

Joziburg wrote: »
    It's probably because they actually don't have any in stock.

Well, as long as they can get them in I'll be happy! My estimated delivery date is 13th May

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭splish

stevenmu wrote: »
    I used the parcel motel address as my billing address and it seems to have worked fine. My order still hasn't shipped, but the status has gone from "recieved" to "in process", and I got an email to say that it was "scheduled to ship".
    Sorry, I was referring to actually buying ebooks from the nook store once I get it from Littlewoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

Ordered from Littlewoods yesterday and according to the website my order has been processed with a Latest Delivery Date of 13/05/2013.

Fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Allyall wrote: »
    70? That seems very low.. I hope they are not only counting UK orders..:(

Thanks. :)

They told me there has been hundreds of orders.

Also from Nook:
    Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you about your recent nook.co.uk order.

Recently you may have received an email from us stating that we had some difficulty charging your credit card. We are pleased to tell you that the problem has been resolved. We hope that you will return to nook.co.uk to place your order again.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

The NOOK Support Team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

I mentioned way back in this thread that I had a problem with my CC being accepted by nook.co.uk so I created a new order. Now I get this in relation to the first (aborted) order....

"We are writing to you about your recent nook.co.uk order.
    Recently you may have received an email from us stating that we had some difficulty charging your credit card. We are pleased to tell you that the problem has been resolved. We hope that you will return to nook.co.uk to place your order again.
    We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Might be useful to somebody who wants to retry the nook.co.uk route.

Still no change in status of my accepted order.

Edit: Sorry this crossed with Tar.A's post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just in case any of you are on the hunt for covers

Just to add, if you're impatient and close to a Tesco, the 'Built' brand of sleeves hold a Nook Simple Touch very snugly.. and are fleece soft inside.

My Nook and Built sleeve below.

nookbuilttesco.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Much prefer covers you can open, recommend hemp ones!

nook+sleeve.jp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

wait4me wrote: »
    I mentioned way back in this thread that I had a problem with my CC being accepted by nook.co.uk so I created a new order. Now I get this in relation to the first (aborted) order....

"We are writing to you about your recent nook.co.uk order.
    We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Might be useful to somebody who wants to retry the nook.co.uk route.

Still no change in status of my accepted order.

Edit: Sorry this crossed with Tar.A's post

I got his too. So, what they are saying is, they've cancelled the original order when they said initially it would be seven days before they would cancel it.
    I'm beginning to lose patience now, this is farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Received an email today in response to an email that I had sent with regards to my order:

David Matkin (Blackwell's)
    02 May 13:24 (BST)
    Dear Sarah,
    Thank you for your email regarding your ticket ***** for your order******* - I apologise for the delay in responding but we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails.
    With reference to the above order, before we can sell Nooks to overseas customers we have to check that you have a UK Bank or Credit Card Account which is registered to a UK billing address. Part of the Registration process that all Nook owners have to complete directly with Nook soon after purchase includes advising them of your bank or credit card details so they can charge you directly for any eBooks you download . One of their stipulations is that you must have a Bank or credit card registered in the country of purchase ie : If you buy from a UK shop or website you must have a UK Bank or Credit Card Account which is registered to a UK billing address, similarly if you buy from the USA you must have a US Bank or Credit Card Account registered to a US billing address. .
    If you do not have a UK account we cannot fulfil your order and I'm afraid that you will have to wait for Nooks to be sold locally in your country.
    Please advise as soon as possible.
    If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 01865-333536,
    Regards,
    Dave

Blackwell's
    Online Customer Services

Looks like those who order to an Irish address are out of luck

That's odd, I'm going to order it from somewhere else too in case. No way it is not getting here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

wheres the next best place to order Tar? stock wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Does anyone know can you buy books directly for this from ireland without a uk/us address or do you need to root it in order to actually use it here? I'm not very technical and have read a lot of stuff saying you can't actually buy the books here!?

I'm unsure, littlewoods seem to be delivering but I find them unreliable. Nook.com/uk are delivering already I see, so not a bad bet. I saw on thios thread that foyles are said to be fast. I ordered a new one from flubit now myself.

Just got an email from Littlewoods saying my order had been dispatched and will be here in a few days. Hurray!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

through which site did you order with flubit tar?

through which site did you order with flubit tar?

It doesn't really matter (it just has to be a uk site), any of them will do as they jsut look at the price and give you a better one in a day or so. I used nook.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I ordered 2 from Littlewoods last night. No email recieved yet and it just says Order Processing on their website. It has an expected delivery date but I'm not hugely confident of ever receiving them.

Edit: Haha literally this second, I received the order confirmation from Littlewoods. Expected delivery has went back a week to May 20th but that is grand with me once I actually get them.

Advertisement