Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cips hit by a double decker bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

leftleg wrote: »
    http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_8670378,00.html

"He's obviously in pain. He was running across the road and just misjudged the speed of a bus."

I hope the guy is OK.

How do you misjudge a double decker bus though??

By getting very drunk and thinking you're unstoppable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

He wasn't so much hit by a double decker bus as jumped in front of one. Smart lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

It's a pity for him he wasn't trying to tackle the bus. He would then have missed it completely.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If only Kelly Brook had been able to cushion the blow in some way.

As an aside, how's he generally been playing for Sale? His points haul looks reasonable for his gametime and Sale's relative position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

btw, can we change the title from "Cips"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

No love for the bus, no?

Is the bus ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Henson is going to have one hell of a time trying to top this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Ah the old Otley-run..not for the faint hearted. Felt like I was hit by a bus after doing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...How do you misjudge a double decker bus though??

Very easily, actually. Apparent speed of an object is dependent on its size. A car, a bus and a train all moving at the same speed will look to observers as if they are moving at different speeds. The train will look slowest, which is why people get killed at level crossings in the USA when they think they can get past before the train arrives.

Not many trains on the streets of Leeds, though; in this case, a bus will look as if it's going slower than a car would look, which is why DC might have misjudged it.

PS: Apologies: I know that this post is kinda off the Rugby topic, but I was just answering a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Very easily, actually. Apparent speed of an object is dependent on its size. A car, a bus and a train all moving at the same speed will look to observers as if they are moving at different speeds. The train will look slowest, which is why people get killed at level crossings in the USA when they think they can get past before the train arrives.

Not many trains on the streets of Leeds, though; in this case, a bus will look as if it's going slower than a car would look, which is why DC might have misjudged it.

Your user name makes perfect sense now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hmmm,

Nah, I'd say it was more likely he was just langered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭Macy0161

How do you misjudge a double decker bus though??
    Maybe it was a Magic Bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

.ak wrote: »
    Your user name makes perfect sense now.

Hah! How long has he been waiting around for that opportunity to come along?

(he probably misjudged the speed of it...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

DannyCipriani ‏@DannyCipriani87 1h Thank you for all the well wishes, means a lot. My ribs are a bit sore. Feel like I've been hit by a bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

ssaye wrote: »
    DannyCipriani ‏@DannyCipriani87 1h Thank you for all the well wishes, means a lot. My ribs are a bit sore. Feel like I've been hit by a bus...

scott needham ‏@scottneedham33 55m
    @DannyCipriani87 @Mark_Cueto @Marc_jones2 sounds like it got pretty loose last night? #sketchy

Mark Cueto Verified account ‏@Mark_Cueto 31m
    @scottneedham33 @dannycipriani87 @marc_jones2 that's an understatement haha top night

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rchendz92

Silly bugger. Glad he's ok, but still....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Sorry but I genuinely chuckled at this news feed today. The guy has phenomenal talent but it's a pity his common sense and ego over shadow his playing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The Sale end of season pissup sounds like a bit of craic anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

In fairness to Cipriani, he made a right mess of the bus!

cipriani1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

CoDy1 wrote: »
    In fairness to Cipriani, he made a right mess of the bus!

cipriani1.jpg

Jesus, how come he's never hit something that hard on a rugby pitch?

• Advertisement

I for one am glad of the elf that was near at hand to help out in the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

errlloyd wrote: »
    Jesus, how come he's never hit something that hard on a rugby pitch?
    Note to Sale coach: "Make sure to have Danny well tanked up before sending him onto the pitch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I for one am glad of the elf that was near at hand to help out in the situation.

He thought it was a leprechaun & was trying to get his hands on his lucky charms.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Holt Park 6@HoltPark6
    Anybody know what happened to me last night? Feels like I've been hit by a rugby player #Eugh #Smashed

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

it looks like the sale team were in fancy dress, the elf, what looks like a painter on the right and danny looks like he was wearing a monkey onesie. see the brown, yellow stomach and wat looks like underwear over it

swiftman wrote: »
    it looks like the sale team were in fancy dress, the elf, what looks like a painter on the right and danny looks like he was wearing a monkey onesie. see the brown, yellow stomach and wat looks like underwear over it

Oh. I thought it really was an Elf, painter, and monkey.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

jacothelad wrote: »
    It's a pity for him he wasn't trying to tackle the bus. He would then have missed it completely.

....annnnnd we have a winner for post of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Henson is going to have one hell of a time trying to top this

He was driving the bus!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

hardCopy wrote: »
    He was driving the bus!
    Where was Andy Powell at the time of the incident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Robbo wrote: »
    Where was Andy Powell at the time of the incident?

He was out on a taxi run with his buggy.

Advertisement