Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recs for a clip-on lightweight MP3 circa 20quid?

Options
  • 29-03-2013 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

I'm looking for a cli- on mp3 player for the gym, it's only for workouts so only need about 2GB on it. Not looking for an ipod shuffle but do you guys know of anything similar? (had bother before getting music on to ipods!).

Happy to look at second hand ones on adverts etc. once I have an idea what make to look out for!

Comments

TheBellJar wrote: »
    I'm looking for a cli- on mp3 player for the gym, it's only for workouts so only need about 2GB on it. Not looking for an ipod shuffle but do you guys know of anything similar? (had bother before getting music on to ipods!).

Happy to look at second hand ones on adverts etc. once I have an idea what make to look out for!

sansa clip+ or sansa clip zip.
    for 20 you'll have to go second-hand or refurbished - check adverts and ebay.
    if I were you I'd spend the extra and buy on amazon. here for £25.
    use parcelmotel.com (sign up and get 2 free deliveries -> use their address in ne and it will be fwd to nearest parcelmotel to you for pickup at your convenience) to get delivered if won't deliver to Eire address. 4gb but easily extendable later by plugging in a cheap micro sd card

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-Player-microSD-Recorder-Stopwatch/dp/B00A0ZYNQW/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1364826804&sr=1-15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Hey thanks for the replies! I actually got one on adverts.ie at the weekend for a tenner! It's a clip on samsung one and dead handy - problem solved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

It's a clip on samsung one and dead handy - problem solved :D

Not familiar with the Samsung clip on players. Just out of curiosity, what model it is?

Amalgam wrote: »
    Not familiar with the Samsung clip on players. Just out of curiosity, what model it is?

YP-F3 Sports Clipper

It was deadly, til it drowned in my bag 2 days later from a water bottle mishap. RIP:(

• Advertisement

[sniff] :o RIP lil' Clipper.

Nice looking device too. Shame.

Amalgam wrote: »
    [sniff] :o RIP lil' Clipper.

Nice looking device too. Shame.

Thank god it was only 10quid, if I'd forked out more on a sansa clip I'd be well pissed! That said, I've seen one of the sansa clips online for €32 new, so might get it - it's 4GB too which is decent for the price. I can't see anymore of the samsungs anywhere :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

YP-F3 Sports Clipper

It was deadly, til it drowned in my bag 2 days later from a water bottle mishap. RIP:(

Get yourself a bag of rice, immerse the mp3 player in the rice, leave in hot press for a couple of days.

Might work, might not, wont make things worse though.

Get yourself a bag of rice, immerse the mp3 player in the rice, leave in hot press for a couple of days.

Might work, might not, wont make things worse though.

I'll give it a go... the screen is discoloured though so it's pretty bad!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll give it a go... the screen is discoloured though so it's pretty bad!

eeek, ok well it might get core functionality back so you might be able to "shuffle all" and not much else...if it works it'll be a cheap fix.

• Advertisement

eeek, ok well it might get core functionality back so you might be able to "shuffle all" and not much else...if it works it'll be a cheap fix.

Fingers crossed! I had it sitting under the radiator the other night but that didn't work so far...

I find OLED displays used on budget media players are very sensitive to moisture\water.

I lost a Sansa Clip to a rain shower a few months back. Nothing wrong with the player, just that the display fogged up after and just dimmed to nothing over the next few days.

go for the sansa clip zip if your other one doesn't come back to life. if out running in the rain just clip inside your shorts. the clip zip seems a bit more durable than the older clip+

This is my €20 (P&P all in) 4GB Sansa Clip refurb from eBay trader: http://myworld.ebay.ie/itstor

You need to stalk their for sale items. Just mooch about for the right price, it varies £10 + or - either way.

It arrived with the default firmware. Rockbox installed by myself.

I would have been happy with the Sansa Zip Clip+, but I wanted all my portable tech items to be the one USB standard. USB Micro.

clipziprefurbamalgam.jpg

clipziprefurbsideamalga.jpg

Advertisement