Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Prepay Triple Credit Offer.

Options
  • 02-03-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Instore a Tesco Mobile rep was offering Triple Credit if you sign up this weekend. Plus a €15 coupon off any phone over €70. This offer doesn't seem to be online. Just posting in case anyone wants the triple credit, the phones aren't good value even with the €15 off TBH.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Must check Ashbourne. On my exit from Lycamobile, bundles gone to the dogs.

What's Tesco's data like at the moment?

I know before I joined Lyca they were bad. Have things improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kairi

TMI rep also told me about this offer a couple of weeks ago.
    He said it was only available in-store, but I found this:
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/capped-monthly-plans.aspx

Ah, I was thinking say top up by €10 and they give you an extra €20 and buy the 1GB Data bundle from the original €10 and use the rest for calls and texts.
    Please note: flexible credit cannot be used for roaming, international calls, premium rate numbers and purchasing any add on bundles. You must top up to access these services. Subscription amount cannot be used as credit.

Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

pissed wrote: »
    Ah, I was thinking say top up by €10 and they give you an extra €20 and buy the 1GB Data bundle from the original €10 and use the rest for calls and texts.
    Pity.

You can't do that with the Capped plans, the capped plans are a subscription tariff payable monthly. You can this with Triple Credit on Prepay.

The Prepay Triple Credit offer is different, it's €20 free credit when you topup by €10. You can use the €10 "paid for" top up to buy a 1Gb data bundle and a 350Mb data bundle (once-off addons). Then use the free credit for calls and texts.

Oracle wrote: »
    You can't do that with the Capped plans, the capped plans are a subscription tariff payable monthly. You can this with Triple Credit on Prepay.

The Prepay Triple Credit offer is different, it's €20 free credit when you topup by €10. You can use the €10 "paid for" top up to buy a 1Gb data bundle and a 350Mb data bundle (once-off addons). Then use the free credit for calls and texts.

Think I missed the boat on that one. Seems to have expired.
    2.The Promotion period is the earlier of: 00:01AM on 8 November 2012 until 11:59PM on 20 December 2012; or until 5000 new customers have taken up the Promotion (the Promotion Period).

• Advertisement

Actually just off the phone with customer service and the offer is still there. Should be open for the next 2 to 3 months.

So assuming I top up by €10 and buy the 1GB data that leaves €23.50 for calls or texts. Seems ok for the price or am I missing something?

Actually just off the phone with customer service and the offer is still there. Should be open for the next 2 to 3 months.

So assuming I top up by €10 and buy the 1GB data that leaves €23.50 for calls or texts. Seems ok for the price or am I missing something?

I don't think so, there's 2 separate offers; one is special promo Triple Credit on Prepay, the other is a Capped Pay Monthly plan. The first is Prepay the other is Pay Monthly (Billpay).

The difference is as I've posted above; you can buy addons with the Prepay "paid for" credit not with any of the Capped credit. It's very confusing but thats their system .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kairi

The offer I heard was different from the OP then:)
    TMI said it was a monthly subscription.
    Are you sure it's a Prepay Triple Credit offer this weekend Oracle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yes. But data and text bundles cannot come from top up bonus amounts - only from your cash balance so you will still have your €20 bonus credit which has a 30 day validity. Normal browsing without a data bundle is just 2c/Mb. I have Tescomobile and find it good. I took advantage of the triple credit offer for switching last December. No problems and the customer support is excellent between here on boards or the call centre. Calling landlines abroad is dirt cheap on Tesco Mobile with the UK for example at 1c/minute.

I would give it a thumbs up anyway.

Its the prepay triple offer I was talking about. I took it you could buy the data bundle from your initial €10 top up and use the bonus €20 for calls and texts?

• Advertisement

Its the prepay triple offer I was talking about. I took it you could buy the data bundle from your initial €10 top up and use the bonus €20 for calls and texts?

Yeah. Its €6.99 per Gb. And you can buy extra Gbs that run after each other. But the bundle cost has to come from you cash balance.

kn wrote: »
    Yeah. Its €6.99 per Gb. And you can buy extra Gbs that run after each other. But the bundle cost has to come from you cash balance.

Yeah thats it Kn and (just to confuse you more :D) the bundles that run after each other are different to the recurring ones. To buy Once-off bundles Text "Data" to 174211 for 1Gb once-off bundle and Text "Data" to 174210 for 350Mb once-off bundle. If you buy the recurring bundles you can't add another within 30 days ie. you can't stack the bundles, the once-off data bundles are stackable:
    If you purchase a new data Add-on before an existing once off data Add-on has expired both the remaining data allowance and expiry date are extended by the new data Add-on purchase e.g. if you have 10 days and 500MB left from your initial 30 day Add-on when you purchase a new 30 day data Add-on you will now have 40 days of data usage with a 1524MB data allowance.

"Pissed" are you sure Tesco Customer Service told you the Prepay Triple Credit offer is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I've been with Tesco in the past (2011) and had a generally good experience. Thought they were good except the data speeds were throttled very low

But one point to note is that a 1 second call cost the same as a 59 second call while most other networks afaik use per second billing. And you'd be amazed how short your average call duration is. Especially when calls go to voice mail and you just hang up.

Makes a difference and eats into that bonus credit.

Yeah thats it Kn and (just to confuse you more :D) the bundles that run after each other are different to the recurring ones. To buy Once-off bundles Text "Data" to 174211 for 1Gb once-off bundle and Text "Data" to 174210 for 350Mb once-off bundle. If you buy the recurring bundles you can't add another within 30 days ie. you can't stack the bundles, the once-off data bundles are stackable:

"Pissed" are you sure Tesco Customer Service told you the Prepay Triple Credit offer is back?

Yeah the guys name was Tom, he said they had two triple credit offers and I said I would be using data so he said to go for the prepay one. I mentioned that it expired in December but he said it was still running and should be for the next two months or so.

Yeah the guys name was Tom, he said they had two triple credit offers and I said I would be using data so he said to go for the prepay one. I mentioned that it expired in December but he said it was still running and should be for the next two months or so.

Thats good news. I wonder if they'll put it back on the web site?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,105 ✭✭✭✭Esel

groom wrote: »
    ... a 1 second call cost the same as a 59 second call while most other networks afaik use per second billing..
    Calls cost a flat 20c for the first minute. Per second billing applies after that.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Yeah, I checked that too after I recently switched to Tesco mobile - not knowing about the triple credit offer at the time :-(. I checked 3 other providers and they weren't any better with the first minute charge and some charged a connection fee per call too.

What I like about Tesco is being able to turn on data for the few minutes I need it when not in a wifi zone and only get charged 2c per MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,105 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazwaldo wrote: »
    What I like about Tesco is being able to turn on data for the few minutes I need it when not in a wifi zone and only get charged 2c per MB.
    Hey, that's a good price! Are you sure it's per MB as opposed to KB though?

How do you 'turn it on'? I've only used their Data Bundles before....

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »

On my Galaxy ... Wireless and Network - Mobile Networks - Data Roaming - Enable / Disable

Esel wrote: »

Yeah. I have tescomobile as well and normal browsing outside of a bundle is 2c/Mb, others charge 2c/Kb!!!!!!

There is no 'turning it on'. If you have no bundle then that is the charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

kn wrote: »
    Yeah. I have tescomobile as well and normal browsing outside of a bundle is 2c/Mb, others charge 2c/Kb!!!!!!

There is no 'turning it on'. If you have no bundle then that is the charge.

What I meant by turning it on was turning on mobile data on my phone. Tesco charge 2c if you use 1byte or 1MB in a connection. If my phone keeps trying to check for email etc 24hrs a day, then that could be hundreds of connections multiplied by 2c. So I have a widget to toggle mobile data connections on or off on my home screen. And only click it on when I want to browse or check for new emails. Then check it off when I'm finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Just on to Tesco CC:

This offer is available only instore. You have 2 options:

1) You have to port a number
    2) Buy a phone instore

Their cheapest phone is €20, and you get 1000 club points...

W.

Great thanks for clearing that up. So looks like you can get triple credit and the €25 Unlimited deal.

Great thanks for clearing that up. So looks like you can get triple credit and the €25 Unlimited deal.

Haven't thought of the combination! Though I don't spend that much per month B-)

I'm sure there is a catch

Just on to Tesco CC:

This offer is available only instore. You have 2 options:

1) You have to port a number
    2) Buy a phone instore

Their cheapest phone is €20, and you get 1000 club points...

W.

So much for Tesco cc! Went in store today to find this offer is over and the shop assistant confirmed via head office. So it's either the capped plan or 25 Topup. Not sure which to plum for,trying to spend as little as possible :-)

W

Advertisement