Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC ON FX 7

Options
  • 17-01-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNLGVt8QsaI&feature=player_embedded#! (Couldn't embed for some reason)

MAIN (FX, 9 p.m. ET)
    Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Daniel Sarafian
    Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ben Rothwell
    Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Thiago Tavares

PRELIMINARY (FUEL TV, 6 p.m. ET)
    Godofredo Castro vs. Milton Vieira
    Andrew Craig vs. Ronny Markes
    Nik Lentz vs. Diego Nunes
    Edson Barboza vs. Lucas Martins
    Yuri Alcantara vs. Pedro Nobre
    Ildemar Alcantara vs. Wagner Prado

PRELIMINARY (Facebook, 5:35 p.m. ET)
    C.J. Keith vs. Francisco Trinaldo

Vitor looks pumped up, i got Vitor winning by KO in Rds 1 or 2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Really hope Bisping wins this one! He deserves a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Really hope Bisping wins this one! He deserves a shot.

I hope Vitor wins, imagine how big Bispings head would be if he got a shot!!

On the plus side though, IF Bisping wins, and gets a shot, we could well see it this side of the water, maybe at Millenium Stadium in Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I want Bisping to win just to see Anderson smash his face in, although he has grown on me the past while. It would be great if it was in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Vitor by big KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

I like bisping now. Gained a lot of respect after the Sonnen fight which I thought he won or was atleast a draw. Also his interviews and blogs are enjoyable. Raises some good questions about Vitor and TRT use.

In terms of the fight I think it all depends on the first round and if Bisping can keep Vitor at bay with his kick boxing and then if he can then I think he can get a decision or maybe the finish because he's the better cardio. If Belfort catches him then swarms it's over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Flashbacks of the Hendo fight for Bisping!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Flashbacks of the Hendo fight for Bisping!

I can only hope

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I'm really up and down on Bisping to be honest. Think he has been a ver good ambasador for UK and European MMA in the UFC. Don't think he's ever beaten a top 5 fighter IMO but he's been mister consistent. If he makes it 14-4 in the UFC with two close losses there probably does deserve a title shot. Stylistically I think Bisping has the better striking and will land 3 times more but needs good footwork incase Vitor catches him.

Think this is an awful card (Didn't watch the Ultimate Fighter Brazil) but hoping to acquaint myself with some of the fighters on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

scudzilla wrote: »
    On the plus side though, IF Bisping wins, and gets a shot, we could well see it this side of the water, maybe at Millenium Stadium in Cardiff

Dana said at the 155 post fight press conference that is unlikely because of the time difference.

Apart from the main event this card is pretty weak and there is a lot of crap fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I know no few people contradict themselves more than Dana White but can anyone explain how or if 112 worked as a PPV over there? Huge card with 2 title fights and aired on a 9 hour tape delay afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

I think belfort is VERY over rated
    Victor was good in his day but i think he is past it. since his return to the UFC is has gone 3-2 with his wins over franklin, akiyama and
    and johnson.
    How he got two title shots from that i'll never know!
    He got his reputation from his win over wanderlei silva when silva was at his peak and has been living off that since, but he has not beaten a top 5 contender, (arguebly not even a top 10 contender) since then, 17 YEARS AGO!!

Thats discounting the couture fight in 2004 which was stoped due to his glove cutting randy's eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

nino1 wrote: »
    He got his reputation from his win over wanderlei silva when silva was at his peak and has been living off that since.

While I agree that much of Vitor's reputation comes from his early dominant wins, Silva was nowhere near his peak when they fought.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Jizzear

From what ive heard Tuf brazil was meanta one of the most talent rich ones since the first! Ur man sarafian is meant to be a complete beast altogether, hopefully he makes complete bits of dolloway

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

Clive wrote: »
    While I agree that much of Vitor's reputation comes from his early dominant wins, Silva was nowhere near his peak when they fought.

I take your point, silva's peak was probably 2003/2004 when he beat quinton jackson twice.

this means we have to go back even futher than 17 years to get belforts most notable win, has he had any?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Nik Lentz seems to have found a home at FW but this is will really be a test to see if he can hang with the big boys there. Diego Nunes is a vicious fighter who'll be looking to keep it standing and Lntz will be looking to utilise his superior wrestling to control and bully Nunes.

The Gonzaga vs. Rothwell is an important one for both fighters. They both want to break into the top realm of fighters and Rothwell has even changed his whole approach to the fight game. He completely changed his diet and training regime for the Brendan Schaub fight and it paid off. If he can score a win here expect him to get a jump in competition. Maybe Werdum.

God bless Lucas Martins. The man is making his UFC debut against the owner of possibly the greatest KO in UFC history, Edson Barboza, who is coming off of his first career loss so will be out to make a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Jizzear wrote: »
    From what ive heard Tuf brazil was meanta one of the most talent rich ones since the first! Ur man sarafian is meant to be a complete beast altogether, hopefully he makes complete bits of dolloway

I didn't find it that good to be honest. A lot of the fights went to decision and were fairly boring. Sarafian looked the best out of the lot before he got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I think this is one of Bispings more interesting fights it could go either way being honest if it goes past 3-4 minutes it's Bispings. If not he's going to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Silva Bisping is a fight i have wanted to see for a long time, so i hope he wins tonight. I dont see him beating Silva, but i see it being a great stylistic match.

If tonight goes past the first round, its Bispings. Vitor needs a first round KO but i dont see that happening

Is it me or is it always the case with Vitor. If he can't win in the first round then his opponent will most likely win the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

unknown13 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it always the case with Vitor. If he can't win in the first round then his opponent will most likely win the fight.
    Or his opponent gets cut with a glove...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Xlami wrote: »
    I know no few people contradict themselves more than Dana White but can anyone explain how or if 112 worked as a PPV over there? Huge card with 2 title fights and aired on a 9 hour tape delay afaik.

The government of Abu Dhabi bought a ten percent share of the UFC and purpose-built an arena for the show, it's fairly unique situation to be honest. Not a hope in hell of them holding a middleweight title fight in Europe. Bisping hasn't a chance in this anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bisping hasn't a chance in this anyways.

he 10/11 to beat him which is some price when you factor home
    advantage into it
    i've often underestimated bisbing but I can't see him beating vitor
    If bisbing survives a ko then fair play to him and might do it on points
    if that's the case
    like gonzaga also at 8/11 with home advantage plus I don't rate rothwell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'm right in saying that this kicks off at 11:35pm? (I'm one hour ahead of Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

where can i watch the pre lims for this? mostly just want to catch edsons fight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

sonic85 wrote: »
    where can i watch the pre lims for this? mostly just want to catch edsons fight

facebook and/or ufc.tv i imagine - iirc the entire fox shows are shown on ufc.tv

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Worst main card in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

jayteecork wrote: »
    Worst main card in ages.

I agree.
    Worst on paper. But as always, ya never know, some of the worst cards "on paper" can turn out brilliant.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Worst main card in ages.

Ages ? no, 147 was a terrible main card especially for a ppv

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Hopefully this is just the calm before the storm.

We have Cowboy/Showtime, Edgar/Aldo, Machida/Hendo, Bigfoot/Reem, all juicy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Bisping hasn't a chance in this anyways.

Cool - thanks for letting us know! Didn't realise the result was already in.

Advertisement