Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

Hunky Dory Smoky Bacon sandwich on sourdough rye with a little butter.:o:o:o

Ooh I love a crisp sambo.

My lunch was Christmas pudding with custard!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

1358091099051.jpg

Tortilla Pizza with ham, pepperoni, feta, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes on a chef brown sauce base.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Defrosted leftover Christmas ham with fried egg and toast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Prawns in homemade marie rose sauce, hard boiled egg, cucumber, babyleaf salad leaves and 1/2 avocado. 438 cals for anyone counting!

1-11_zps637f50a3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Spaghetti with a sauce of creamy spinach

F952190B60AB4F3FB587F3E8AEF5624B-0000353053-0003131320-00640L-5A4F06D0F60A4B2C89A58D9551CE3FC3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Toasted sandwich: lettuce, rashers, beetroot jelly (pickled beetroot and blackcurrant jelly), warm potato salad (dressed with feta cheese and sour cream)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lunch in Iyer's, Cork today. Masala dosa served with drumstick sambar and two chutneys followed by masala vada with two sauces. All for €9. Happy days!!:D:D

DSC02117.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Sunflower could I please ask what goes into the creamy spinch sauce? Also did you use fresh or frozen spinach. Thanks

Miaireland wrote: »
    Sunflower could I please ask what goes into the creamy spinch sauce? Also did you use fresh or frozen spinach. Thanks

I used fresh spinach, and it couldn't have been any easier: melted a little bit of butter in the pan, threw in a bit of garlic, then the spinach (I had chopped the spinach roughly), cooked it only for a few mins, added a tiny little bit of veg stock for both flavour and liquid, and then a spoonful or two of mascarpone for the creaminess. seasoned with salt, pepper and nutmeg - done!

To add more flavour you could add some chopped up sundried tomatoes when sweating off the garlic. And cream cheese with herbs instead of the mascarpone also works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Someone forgot to shut the freezer door! Grrrrrrrr :mad:
    Had to salvage 10 pieces of defrosting chicken fillets, so cooked two dishes -- a chicken rendang curry and a creamy Italian parmesan chicken ala Avoca, both served with steamed rice.
    That's lunch and dinner sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had red pepper and orange soup, from the Cooking Club. I forgot to take a picture, but it was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Mushroom soup for me today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Cajun Chicken, Lettuce and Cherry Tomato Wrap.

237603.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

lunch today

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

fried-rice.jpg

Improvised lunch: yesterday's leftover basmati rice fried with onions, curry powder, turkey, peas, oyster sauce, dark soy, a splash of rice wine vinegar.

Surprisingly tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Sitting down to a bowl of tagliatelle with creamy pan-fried chicken liver and mushroom sauce. Bliss.

Carrot-Ginger-Soup with crispy fried onions

A204F5A50F04482291838467B508F735-0000353053-0003137591-00800L-CF0C114FFC8C4654A0EB80C3C52643F9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Mars bar :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Random mix of bits from the fridge - ham, beans, cottage cheese, toasted seeds & tomatoes followed by really tasty flat white from 3FE

hammy_lunch_zpsb2e76625.jpg

Getting better at bringing in my lunch every day instead of handing all my money over to shops & cafés!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Had lunch in Kai today, easily my favourite restaurant in Galway.

Venison burger on flat bread with slaw, leaves and mustard mayo. Best lunch in ages.

followed by carrot cake. because you can convince yourself its not bad for you if it has veggies in it, even with the mound of cream cheese icing...

ouytky.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

For lunch today we ended up in Bellucci's in Ballsbridge, we were starving so went to the first place we found.

I had pizza, the Americano which was €15 and my OH had the Spaghetti Carbonara, for dessert we shared the Hazelnut & chocolate tart and honestly it was over priced for what we got. It was almost €40 for both of us for lunch and we had no drinks (bar a jug of water, which wasn't on our bill).

The food was lovely, but not worth what it cost.

Too lazy to make lunch properly last night so I just brought in a bag of things from my fridge that there was only a little left of.

fridge_scrapings_zps5aaf5886.jpg

Chili rice-cakes, "crab flavoured pollock" seafood sticks (I love these, I shouldn't, they're so processed and flat out weird but I love them), cucumber, baby tomatoes, olives and half a tub of cottage cheese mixed with crushed chili and topped with a sachet of furikake (eh - not sure I'll be rushing back to this particular food combination, seemed like a better idea last night when I was mashed and just wanted to go.to.sleep.right.now)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I wish I could take good food photos, but I just stick my phone in front of things and click!

So here's today's badly-photographed potato and broccoli soup:

ft2MG09l.jpg

My pepper grinder got unexpectedly efficient, so it was SERIOUSLY peppery. My mouth is on fire!

Veggie soup with yellow split peas and red lentils.

veg-soup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

oscar bravo ive been making something similar all week

Smoked salmon, avocado & lime juice on chili rice cakes. Had to remind myself that only meanies eat smoked fish at their desk, especially in midwinter when the windows are practically nailed shut, and eat in the kitchen

Risotto with smoked fish

7BD69A26EAE54CD1906C8B34A5D6790B-0000353053-0003156484-00500L-4F80618721E74AD995851DF5E144E42F.jpg

I knew I'd be on the road today so I made my lunch last night and bagged it up ready to grab and go. Chili and lime chicken, red peppers, lettuce and mayo in tortilla wraps.

I had them all neatly wrapped, halved, bagged and put away when I saw the red pepper sitting untouched on the counter. Oops. Still, they were tasty.

I tried again today, this time with cajun chicken, and this time I remembered the red pepper :D

wraps.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Today I made a vegetable Fritata with potato, broccoli, courgettes and mushrooms.

_AFSeSA5pLnfsuw_AjGd-82tzidcPcyCyI_UotLDz0k

Advertisement