Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approaching patents over first shave

Options
  • 09-01-2013 10:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

I'm 16 and have been shaving in private for about a year. How do I approach my parents about shaving I'm nervous about it thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

What do you need to approach them about?

(Genuine question.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Osborne wrote: »
    What do you need to approach them about?

(Genuine question.)

Starting to shave with them knowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I'm sure they would have noticed, if not sure why do you need their approval? You're a young man who is quite entitled to shave your own hair if you want.

I couldn't imaging it's a big deal...just tell them. :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Two questions:

1 - why have you been shaving in private?
    2 - why is it a big deal telling your parents you're shaving?

Most guys start shaving in their mid-teens, and I'd imagine your father did too. It's hardly something to make a big deal about.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

F&A -> Facial Hair and Hats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I dont think you need to be nervous about it.

Maybe approach your father and ask him for some piece of advice, like whats the best type razors or something? That will bring the subject up and then you can casually drop that you have been shaving for a while and was just wondering if you were using the best type.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Hey twoandahalfmen,

I was similar to you when I was your age (younger actually!). I was a shy enough guy who had to start shaving very young and was embarrassed about it (throw into the matter lovely teenage skin too!)....- I had my first shave when I was 13!

I can understand why you might be nervous telling your parents as you might think it's not usual for lads your age to shave...Just take it from me, there's absolutely nothing to be worried about. They probably have already noticed and they might be able to help out with the cost of it now!

If I could go back in time I'd educate myself about DE shaving pal (read some of the threads here).....To think of all the awful shaves that could have been avoided!

Best of luck with it :)

Advertisement