Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 14Z including MS Office - €430

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Reviews and pictures imply that there is, but it's not listed in the specs.
    http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15r-5520/pd?oc=n0015r43&model_id=inspiron-15r-5520

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Good question about the camera - does not look like it does.

Checked with Dell on-line chat, they confirmed that it has the built-in camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

tommyjin83 wrote: »
    Checked with Dell on-line chat, they confirmed that it has the built-in camera...

I bought the version for €100 more with a gaming card, 2GB more RAM and Microsoft Office, otherwise identical. I read somewhere in the specs it has a 1.3mp camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

All Dells come Pre loaded with eBay, amazon and Skype so it would want to have a webcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

It has a webcam, click into the link an then tech specs and it says it has Native HD 1.0MP webcam with digital microphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Thanks lads - was not obvious but great news that is has one. :)

For anybody who ordered from the factory things are going well. I ordered mine at 10am on Friday, UPS have it right now loading it at shanghai airport hub and ill have it Wednesday.

Likely get here as fast as ordering from the warehouse in the UK I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Dell have said mine's cancelled and I need to contact them via my student mail for some reason. I didn't go for some student version or anything.

This is the second time they can't handle it. Don't they know I'm a queasy buyer.

Seems my saved basket is not actually saved and the 15R is back now at €619 and only the 10% code works! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

I just picked up the laptop below, original price 779 with codes 630 delivered. Codes ?D52R0RJQWZP9V and b7bth9wzhhdsv$ Good spec for the price 256SSD, dedicated graphics card, 8Gb ram.

Inspiron 14z Ultrabook
    3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3517U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)
    Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
    8GB4 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
    256GB SSD
    AMD Radeon HD7570M

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=n00i1442&model_id=inspiron-14z-5423&c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&

• Advertisement

Good price ^.

I just bought a 15R €619 minus two 10% codes so €501 and €407 with the vat back.

Not quite as good as two days ago but still not a bad price for a decent laptop.

How can you feel bad saving €118 but I guess just too greedy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

heffsarmy wrote: »
    I just picked up the laptop below, original price 779 with codes 630 delivered. Codes ?D52R0RJQWZP9V and b7bth9wzhhdsv$ Good spec for the price 256SSD, dedicated graphics card, 8Gb ram...

Thanks a million heffsarmy, just ordered one and great spec for the price :)

My laptop arrived today and reasonably happy with it.

I am used to Vista and this is Windows 8 and the requirement for a Microsoft account for every app is annoying me!

It appears to have a lot of built in bloat which I plan on disabling or is windows 8 worth sticking with to master the learning curve? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

My laptop arrived today and reasonably happy with it.

I am used to Vista and this is Windows 8 and the requirement for a Microsoft account for every app is annoying me!

It appears to have a lot of built in bloat which I plan on disabling or is windows 8 worth sticking with to master the learning curve? :D
    I find it fine other than having to install a start button. Probably slightly preferred 7 but Vista I found awful compared to either of them. Havent been near the app type screen at all. Don't know why they bothered

I received my laptop(I bought the i5 14z in red) and was annoyed at win 8 so upgraded it back to Win 8 Pro with Media Centre Pack(had license from old laptop, asked windows to give me a 2nd license which they did). Only minor differences. You get used Win 8 actually. I hated it but not because I have put often used programs on the Windows screen it makes it easier to load them. I don't like having a cluttered desktop so they are handy on the Windows screen. Some of the apps are crap though, like Amazon and Ebay which come with new Dell systems. Awful interfaces so I just use the normal web versions.

I also got rid of the McAfee trial. It was nothing but a bunch of adverts trying to get me to buy other McAfee products. I just put on McAfee Enterprise(corporate version) where they are afraid to piss off the client in the same way. :D

At least I am not alone! :D

Thanks lads.

Discom - what do you mean about installing a start button?

After playing some more with it last night it appears to be trying to be like a big smart phone what with the apps and all that and I would agree most are not great - why use an ebay app when I can go to ebay via google.

As for McAffee I will change that for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Discom - what do you mean about installing a start button?
    On the desktop as you don't get one as standard. Does the standard version of Windows 8 actually come with a standard desktop also? I have pro and don't go anywhere near their touchscreen type interface

You could have bought a touchscreen 14z but it was a squillion euro or something.

I think this sums it up perfectly:

Seems it was designed more for a tablet than a laptop or desktop.

I think I will go with start 8 as it looks good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Dats me

Good price ^.

I just bought a 15R €619 minus two 10% codes so €501 and €407 with the vat back.

Not quite as good as two days ago but still not a bad price for a decent laptop.

How can you feel bad saving €118 but I guess just too greedy! :)

This may sound stupid but, how do you get the VAT back?

It is for work and it was purchased by the Limited company.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think I will go with start 8 as it looks good. :)

That's what I'm using and no complaints :)

Thanks Kaiser!

I gave it to the Mrs. and after about two hours her response was something like windows 8 is twitchy and annoying with possibly an expletive thrown in for good measure. :D

Great heads up on Start8!

Advertisement