Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Deals: 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter Kit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

adox wrote: »
    Did someone say that these have to be plugged into the wall socket/won't work plugged into a plug board?

Do you mean a strip adaptor?

Not done it myself but a friend of mine has his working this way.
    He runs a long extension lead to his shed and can't get wifi down there but these powerline adapators did the job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I got their WiFi ones at the start of the month. My desktop is using the adapter and it works brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Lone Ranger

expired :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I Will have a spare 200 if anyone needs one. Ordered a 500 set today a just need 1 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I Will have a spare 200 if anyone needs one. Ordered a 500 set today a just need 1 200.

I could do with one. Send me a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Sorry quarryman, had PM'd tatranska earlier this AM - didn't think to post on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Has anyone successfully sent the claimback form for the free gift through the link that was posted earlier?
    Do I need to scan the form and then send it along with a copy of my amazon order?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

what are these and how to config?

Ive a wifi router in my hall, couple of bedrooms upstairs I get little or no reception in. is there cabling involved?

long_b wrote: »
    Sorry quarryman, had PM'd tatranska earlier this AM - didn't think to post on thread.

He did....and it was very early:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

iggy wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully sent the claimback form for the free gift through the link that was posted earlier?
    Do I need to scan the form and then send it along with a copy of my amazon order?
    Thanks

Received my Powerlinks yesterday. Haven't got them set up yet, but look good beside my NAS Server and newly purchases SATA drive (also still in boxes) ;)

Has anybody tried applying for the freebie yet?
    Any successes/failures?

Reckon we'll get away with claiming to Ireland (Dublin)?
    Or better to go the elaborate UK route of friends/family/Parcel Motel?

Got my Powerlinks today. Its amazing how responsive my browser is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

got mine too, just need to finish work and get them connected at home...
    Roll on 5pm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

what are these and how to config?

Ive a wifi router in my hall, couple of bedrooms upstairs I get little or no reception in. is there cabling involved?

What router/modem have you got?

Got an email yesterday to say my free gift will be dispatched shortly :-)

I told them to send it to my parcel motel address

iggy wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday to say my free gift will be dispatched shortly :-)

I told them to send it to my parcel motel address
    Ah nuts forgot about this free switch what proof of purchase did you need to send? Or have I missed the boat now?

And I was the one that posted the free switch link, DOH!

lowelife wrote: »
    Ah nuts forgot about this free switch what proof of purchase did you need to send? Or have I missed the boat now?

And I was the one that posted the free switch link, DOH!

I just filled out the form that was linked and attached a copy of my confirmation email from amazon .
    Not sure if its too late. Worth a shot

Submitted my freebie application today with Parcel Motel Address, we shall see....
    Supposed to submit within 30 days of purchase date. I'm a little bit over that, just hoping their not sticklers.
    Love me some free stuff :)

I sent mine a little over a week ago with Parcel motel as my address ( I think Iggy did the same)

I've heard sweet FA from them:mad:

lowelife wrote: »
    I sent mine a little over a week ago with Parcel motel as my address ( I think Iggy did the same)

I've heard sweet FA from them:mad:

I did read somewhere in T&C's that PO Boxes were not acceptable, not sure if Parcel Motel is counted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Received my free tp-link desktop switch today (via parcelmotel)

61PnsI77kbL._AA1500_.jpg

donnacha wrote: »
    Received my free tp-link desktop switch today (via parcelmotel)

61PnsI77kbL._AA1500_.jpg

Glad to hear somebody got one.
    I sent in my application on 20 Nov 2012 and have heard nothing at all since.
    I've just sent a mail looking for some sort of update.

Did you originally put in Parcel Motel as your address on the form? Or did you somehow update it later?

I entered Parcel Motel Address on the form and wondering if it was just rejected as a "PO Box", but I would still expect some communication regarding the rejection.

Anybody else had any confirmed success or failure??

If they do get back to me and have an issue with PM address, I'm assuming I can just give them my UK mates address..
    Opening a line of communication seems to be the big problem though

Received a response:
    "Thank you for buying TP-LINK products and taking the time to complete our claim form. Unfortunately your free product claim has not been successful this time. According to the document you originally sent to us on 20th November 2012, the date you places the order was 15th October 2012. Under the terms and conditions, we only process the claim within 30 days of the purchase date."

Fair enough but I wanted free stuff :(

Although I had absolutely no idea how it could have been used in my house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Sorry if already answered but if I were to buy one of those 5-port switches, could I run the cable from the powerline adapter into it and then have 5 devices connected via the powerline?

Would be great to wire up a few things that are currently running on wireless.

Sorry if already answered but if I were to buy one of those 5-port switches, could I run the cable from the powerline adapter into it and then have 5 devices connected via the powerline?

Thats the whole point of it and its why I wanted one.....but no joy. Not even an excuse to say why they wont give me one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yep. :)

i had one connected to an 8 port switch at one end and a 5 port switch on the other (then off to a router connected to a modem).

just make sure it's a switch, not a hub and you'll be grand, but you'd probably be hard pushed to even find a hub these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

Hi all, was thinking about buying some of these in pcworld for my laptop. Just want to confirm how they work. I plug in one of the adapters into an electrical outlet, and plug the router into that. Then I can plug in the other adapter anywhere in the house and use a cable to plug it into laptop. Correct? Also, I'm currently using the s**t silver box eircom provide...its netopia or something...anyway, I'm looking at getting a new router aswell, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i just noticed a minor error in my previous response. :)

you can run a network cable to it and then plug in 4 other devices (not 5) as 1 port will already be taken up by the cable from the powerline adapter. :)

Advertisement