Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250 mins, 250 texts, 250mb and unlimited landlines €20 per month Prepay from eMobile

Options
  • 15-08-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

eMobile Thirty20 is probably the best value offer on the market for Prepay calls and texts, including landlines. A great deal for anyone who uses their phone for calls and texts only, doesn't have a smartphone or uses very little data:
    Top up by €20 every thirty days and get:
    • 250 any network minutes and 250 any network texts
    • Plus 250MB of data
    • And Unlimited landline calls

Plus you also get €120 free bonus credit if you move your number:
    Keep your existing number when you move and register on My eMobile within 30 days. Then just top-up by €20 every month and you will receive €10 each month for 12 months.

Thirty20 is a subscription offer. When you sign up, €20 credit is deducted from your account, at the start of each thirty day period.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I can't see how this would be a real bargain for anyone? 8 minutes a day on the phone, 8 texts a day (I'd easily send 250 in 3 days) and landlines? A better bargain is free calls and texts to a single network that most of your friends are on and the 20 euro extra is used for people on other networks. Or (depending on age usually) free texts all round paying for calls.

But 250*3 is not a good offer even, never mind saying bargain, it's a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

Tesco mobile offer better alternative. Same price but you get 300 txts 300 mins and 500mb data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I can't see how this would be a real bargain for anyone? 8 minutes a day on the phone, 8 texts a day (I'd easily send 250 in 3 days) and landlines? A better bargain is free calls and texts to a single network that most of your friends are on and the 20 euro extra is used for people on other networks. Or (depending on age usually) free texts all round paying for calls.

But 250*3 is not a good offer even, never mind saying bargain, it's a rip off.

I agree, free calls and texts to your favourite network is great. Everyones mobile usage will vary, as will the networks they call. If all your friends and family are on a particular network, and you can get free on-network calls and texts, then that’s great. Although most people need to call and text people on different networks.

This offer is good value for the average mobile user. According to Comreg's latest report, the average minutes of usage is about 250 call minutes and 200 texts every month. This offer easily covers all that and more for €20, the average spend is €29.

The next best offer is 48 Months, at €10 per month for all any network mobile calls and texts, but only 20 call minutes to landlines and no data.
    Tesco mobile offer better alternative. Same price but you get 300 txts 300 mins and 500mb data.

Thats not Prepay its a SIM Only contract, and you don't get unlimited landline calls: http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-plans.aspx

A 1Gb Data Add-on costs €9.99, so it might be possible to use the €10 monthly bonus credit, to buy an extra 1Gb of data every month:
    1GB of data €9.99/ month Free text 'sub internet 1GB' to 50104

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/addons/

*** Bump ***

One of the criticisms of this offer when I first posted it was, there's no free on-net calls and texts. eMobile's Thirty20 offer now includes free eMobile & Meteor calls and texts.
    So for a €20 top-up you now get:
    • 250 any network minutes and 250 any network texts
    • 250MB of data
    • Unlimited landline calls
    • Free eMobile & Meteor calls and texts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you get free Meteor calls, does that mean someone on Meteor with free Meteor to Meteor calls can call you for free?

If you get free Meteor calls, does that mean someone on Meteor with free Meteor to Meteor calls can call you for free?

Hmmm... not sure about that? I'd say not, although they could switch to eMobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I'm pretty sure meteor to e-mobile calls are covered by free meteor to meteor calls and texts.

** Bump **

You can now get 50% extra free credit for life with this plan. It's open to new and existing eMobile Prepay customers. Text freecredit to 50909 to receive your extra credit free for life.
    When you receive your new phone or SIM, free text twenty to 50104.
    Once you receive confirmation you are signed up to the offer, free text freecredit to 50909 to receive your extra credit free.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Oracle wrote: »
    ** Bump **

You can now get 50% extra free credit for life with this plan. It's open to new and existing eMobile Prepay customers. Text freecredit to 50909 to receive your extra credit free for life.

What is the 50% extra free credit? is that 50% extra mainutes/texts and data?
    Also the T&Cs say free eMobile and Meteor calls and texts are only (until 28th February 2013), Now I could be reading this wrong......

• Advertisement

TriStar6 wrote: »
    What is the 50% extra free credit? is that 50% extra mainutes/texts and data?
    Also the T&Cs say free eMobile and Meteor calls and texts are only (until 28th February 2013), Now I could be reading this wrong......

It's 50% extra credit free, for example, when you top-up by €20, you get an extra €10 credit free. When you top-up by €30, you get an extra €15 credit free. The offer only applies to top ups of €20 or more.

Yes looks like the Free Meteor and eMobile calls and texts offer is due to end on 30th January, but may be extended. I wouldn't worry though, its Prepay so you can always move anyway.
    3.This Offer is available to existing and new eMobile customers who avail of eMobile’s
    Seven5 Variety Plus Plan, Seven10 Variety Plus Plan, Seven15 Variety Plus Plan, Thirty20
    and Thirty30 Variety Plus Plan (“Variety Plus Plans”) during the period August 30 2012 to
    January 30 2013 ("Eligible Customers”) (or such other deadline as eMobile may, in its sole
    and absolute discretion decide to apply) (the “Offer Period”). The Offer will conclude on
    January 30 2013 (the “Offer End Date”) unless extended by eMobile in its absolute
    discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

INHO this does not better Lycamobiles bundle offer. For €10 top up you get €10 bonus cash credit. That gives you €20 in your account. That enables you to get their €19 bundle offer of 350 any network minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Due to end 31/10.2012, but they have a habit of extending it.

INHO this does not better Lycamobiles bundle offer. For €10 top up you get €10 bonus cash credit. That gives you €20 in your account. That enables you to get their €19 bundle offer of 350 any network minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Due to end 31/10.2012, but they have a habit of extending it.

Yeah its good offer for €10, as long as they extend the double credit offer and the free data offer. Only difference I can see is with Lycamobile your landline minutes are taken from your bundle, with eMobile you get 250 any network mobile minutes, plus unlimited landline minutes. Even so the Lycamobile bundle is 350 as opposed to 250 minutes, Lycamobile data allowance is 9Gb.

Advertisement