Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan to build $84 million Super Mosque in Dublin Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭lagente

Dr Donkey wrote:
    My point relates to the eventuality that it is financed by a foreign state,
    which would be built for political purposes.

Hit the nail on the head Dr Donkey. The politics is a MAIN concern. I've been watching the Libyans take off to
    Syria from Ireland, being funded and armed from Saudi and Qatar,and how religious institutions provide the perfect, moralistic, environment for deluded freedom-loving merceneries to set off and ultimately do Saudi and Qatars bidding, creating failed states while they are at it.
    Having mosques in various countries increased the options opened to Saudi and Qatar, where can they get militants, etc.

They meet some guy with a sad story at the Mosque, add him and a few others as a friend on facebook,
    head off to Syria/Lebanon/Libya/Turkey when they are told, and get paid for it.
    Get in there quick, catch them by surprise. No time for introspection when there is freedom at stake.
    Of course, we can see how great the democratic intentions of Saudi are, even lending a mighty hand to the
    Bahrain regime when the democratic movement got out of control. :rolleyes

We had a well documented case of a 16 year old boy
    from Ireland who was brought to Libya to fight, and underage fighters are common in Libya, even right
    now in Bani-Walid.
    The boy said his religion allowed for his participation. Outrageous that this comes to be, in this country.

There is more to come from here and this will need constant supervision over an indefinite period of time. Why do
    the multiculturalists have so little to say about all of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MrD012

Do we really need this sort of thing right now, take a look at this Muslim protest in Dublin .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SggQhHdZ1Y&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

MrD012 wrote: »
    Do we really need this sort of thing right now, take a look at this Muslim protest in Dublin .

You mean a small protest....... Wow, the horror :rolleyes:.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

but nobody is doing that , they are opposing the mosque after studying the UK society model and realising its not for them .

can the pro mosque side show me one report that details the benefits of Islam to western society ?

because if you cant do the above well then its just all hot air with no substance from your arguments.

Why should we?

Why should we need to?

You want to ban it - it's up to you to prove your case. Something you have singularly failed to do.

You have also utterly failed to demonstrate this so called negative impact on UK society you keep harping on about. Tellingly, you have dodged every question about your real life experience of how UK society is negatively impacted and ignored those posters who have actually lived and worked among UK Muslims that there is no problem.
    All you have is a few dubious newspaper articles and some spin (on your part) of a report that calls for a secular society in the UK.

I say this as an Atheist who absolutely believes religion should be kept separate from all and any interference in the State but by the same token people have a right to their religious beliefs as long as they do not expect me to conform to them - this goes for Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism. Pastafarianism, wheteveryourhavingyourself.

Why should Islam be singled out? Every religion has it's nutters but the majority just want to live their lives and observe the tenets of their religion in peace. Let them to it I say.

If our society cannot deal with a few fundamentalists - of any religion or none - then our society is in even deeper doo-doo then I feared.

wes wrote: »
    You mean a small protest....... Wow, the horror :rolleyes:.

It looked big enough to me , and the stuff they're chanting remind me what was it again ?

• Advertisement

but nobody is doing that , they are opposing the mosque after studying the UK society model and realising its not for them .

Your most prominent example, has no bearing on Ireland, and you ignored that fact repeatedly, and just repeated the same thing over and over again.
    can the pro mosque side show me one report that details the benefits of Islam to western society ?

Care to show were in Irish law, where the benefit of a Religion needs to proven, so that a Church, Mosque, or temple etc can be built? As it stands, your question has no bearing on the Mosque either way.
    because if you cant do the above well then its just all hot air with no substance from your arguments.

I would think that page after page of whataboutery, and conspiracy theories, would qualify as hot air.

It looked big enough to me , and the stuff they're chanting remind me what was it again ?

It was a tiny protest, and again I see you are completely avoiding talking about the mosque, and just having another go at Muslims.

Here is an example from other protesters:
    Rally brings 20,000 into city on 'Day of Action'

If we are to follow your logic, we should ban farms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

They marched upon the Israeli Embassy then further down road to the US Embassy and by the time they got to the British Embassy they'd filtered down to a whopping ten or twelve people.
    Bear in mind that non-muslims also do this whenever it takes their fancy and the weather's good enough.
    I had an argument with one of those screamers outside the Israeli embassy one day as he tried to convince me that Hamas's rule in Gaza was democratic but couldn't answer why they has suspended the electoral register there yet again.

Personally I'd be more necked up at protests by cabbies.

JustinDee wrote: »
    Personally I'd be more necked up at protests by cabbies.

I know you would , thats what worries me .

I know you would , thats what worries me .
    Thanks for your concern but life is good and the Muslims I know through work, travels or through sport are okay in my book and I'm glad and privileged to know them. Like all walks in life, there are ignorant planks everywhere. We don't agree on everything, my friends and I, but I can relax safe in the knowledge that they're not actually trying to take over my country, rape its women or steal my job.

Seriously, travel a bit and take a peek outside the confines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

I posted yesterday asking for examples of the damage done to Britain by Muslims.
    I live in Tower Hamlets, a 34% Muslim borough with the large Whitechapel mosque nearby. While passing the mosque last year, I got invited to their Eid party. I'm not quite sure what people are afraid of, maybe I can answer some of the fears based on my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Nollog

lagente wrote: »
    http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Plan-to-build-84-million-Islamic-center-in-Dublin-to-host-40000-Muslims-in-the-city-172632091.html#ixzz28drMaw1L

I personally object to this and I hope we quickly quash the argument that this will lead to creation of new jobs and investment, because the long term ramifications of this are large. We would not be allowed to even spread other religion on the street in many of the countries where the people are from, let alone build a cultural center for it. It is because of this religion that 9 year old girls can be married, and had sex with in countries like Saudi Arabia, beheadings of gays, etc. Islam has branches that are still stuck in the Middle Ages and worse, I'm not even going to argue on that point, and I think we should take active steps against it being built. There has been enough suffering due to unchecked religion here already.

I disagree with you.

Mucco wrote: »
    I live in Tower Hamlets, a 34% Muslim borough with the large Whitechapel mosque nearby. While passing the mosque last year, I got invited to their Eid party. I'm not quite sure what people are afraid of, maybe I can answer some of the fears based on my experience.

I doubt it , there are 3 million muslims living in the UK , you know 3 or 4 . Hardly representative of the overall picture .

I posted yesterday asking for examples of the damage done to Britain by Muslims.

and if you read through some of the linked articles in previous posts you will have your examples

You lucky so 'n' so. Wonderful food at Eid parties - and no drunks to content with. Bliss.

I doubt it , there are 3 million muslims living in the UK , you know 3 or 4 . Hardly representative of the overall picture .

Do you actually read what people say?

You think that living in a borough where 34 out of every 100 people are Muslim means he will know 3 or 4?

Yeah - if he never sets foot outside the door. :rolleyes:

and if you read through some of the linked articles in previous posts you will have your examples

Still waiting for the link for those Stats?

Any chance of that happening in this lifetime?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭SeanW

I have.

You have linked articles in right wing sensationalist newspapers about a few isolated incidents.
    I wasn't aware that the Guardian was a "right wing sensationalist newspaper"
    Opposing a mosque on the grounds that Islam as a religion should not be encouraged is nothing short of simple and ignorant bigotry.
    Perhaps, but the Wahabbist and Salafist sects of Islam are another story. Opposing a mosque and sectarian school if said centre may have Saudi trained Imam and Saudi funded textbooks preaching hatred, isolationism and sedition would be just common sense.

The entire pro-Mosque, multi-culti left on this thread was given, for example, a review in the Guardian (that right wing sensationlist rag) about the problems of the Sharia courts (and they are law courts) in the U.K. Bias against women lack of transparency. Yet noone has contested it.

But all I've seen from the multi-culti left is non answers: "look at the R.C. church" "atheists" and insults like "scaremongering" "xenophobe" and "right wing" or "because I know some sane Muslims, Wahabbist Islam can't possibly be a threat to anyone ..."

JustinDee wrote: »
    but I can relax safe in the knowledge that they're not actually trying to take over my country, rape its women or steal my job.

thats fine , nobody as far as I Know has even mentioned any of these things

what I am saying is you have to look at the issues that are well documented throughout the British Media in relation to the impact of Islamic culture in western society

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

I don't read the scare stories you see in the papers, they all tend to be one-sided. I would prefer to answer your fears based on my experience. So let me know what it is you are afraid of, and I will do my best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

lagente wrote: »
    Hit the nail on the head (.....) all of this?

...because its hysterical shite?
    MrD012 wrote:
    Do we really need this sort of thing right now, take a look at this Muslim protest in Dublin

People protesting? Dear god, the horror. We should ban protests.

Nodin wrote:
    Obviously you didn't watch the video.

"Allah Hu Akhbar"
    "USA YOU WILL PAY!!!!"
    Black flags, of course, men at the front women at the back.

Does the multi-culti left really want to encourage people like that?

Nodin wrote: »
    ...because its hysterical shite?

what is it again they are chanting ?

SeanW wrote: »
    "Allah Hu Akhbar"

"USA YOU WILL PAY!!!!"

Does the multi-culti left really want more people like that?

More people protesting on the street? I'm easy with it, meself. You may feel more at home in a totalitarian enviroment though.

More people protesting on the street? I'm easy with it, meself. You may feel more at home in a totalitarian enviroment though.
    No, I mean extremist nutcases which is what those protesters are.

Clearly they are not capable of sharing a secular society with other faiths. And those of no faith, apostates, blashphemers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,115 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I guess if there is a sizable population of muslims in the area then why not allow them to build a mosque? I mean, for years we were trotting all over the globe building churches. I can see both sides of the debate.

what is it again they are chanting ?

I've no idea. You obviously know full well what they're on about though, so why not just cut to the chase and say what it is.

what I am saying is you have to look at the issues that are well documented throughout the British Media in relation to the impact of Islamic culture in western society
    I would think your faith in cherry-picked articles on the internet would go a bit deeper than that, especially given the following, to which you have still not replied to:
    You said "but its not pre-conceived or even obscene, its factual" in reply to my saying "Of course there should be border-controls and immigration policies. Just not some obscene pre-conceived decision based on race, religion or ethnicity as I illiustrated earlier has already been evident in Ireland".
    This followed limp tosh as you tried to pigeon-hole me as some "Eurocrat or something"

No, I mean extremist nutcases which is what those protesters are..

They didn't kill anyone, burn anything down, attack the cops....I don't really think a shower of peaceful protestors can be labelled "extremist nutcases" on that basis.
    Clearly they are not capable of sharing a secular society with other faiths. And those of no faith, apostates, blashphemers etc.

Some people say the same about youth defence, yet here we are...

• Advertisement

I've no idea. You obviously know full well what they're on about though, so why not just cut to the chase and say what it is.
    They were screaming "Allah Hu Akhbar" and threatening the United States, for the "crime" of not being the totalitarian society that they, the Islamic nutcases, demand.

You want to talk about totalitarianism, that is what these protesters want!

I wonder if these are the kind of people you want to have more of in our society? If so, I suspect that your position is guided by a certain naivete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement