Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Shopping Cart

Options
  • 18-09-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Have done up a new shopping cart on ESI (e-smokeireland.eu) for any newbies thinking of starting out.

Basically starting off you will need the following:
    - Batteries (2)
    - Chargers
    - Top Connections (can be tank, clearomiser, atomiser, cartomiser etc).
    - Liquid (try a few different flavours)

After that (providing you don't want to try all the different devices out there!) your weekly/monthly spending is a fraction of what you'd spend smoking.

I was smoking 20-25 a day and now can spend about €30 on vaping supplies for a month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Very useful guide. I found your other mock order in the other thread incredibly useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

No problem. Wingnut said he'd try to put together a similar starter kit and get it up on the site soon which will make it easier to pass on. Then there's just the little matter of deciding which juice to get ;)

Edited to add:
    Just in case people are wondering - I didn't include Ego Twists or Vivi Novas cos they might be a bit big for someone just starting out. It's not that I don't rate them. In fact, I own a few of both and think they're great

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Thanks again Septbaby. All the stuff you recommended for us is excellent.

How are your first few days going? Still enjoying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

sept09baby wrote: »
    How are your first few days going? Still enjoying it?

Love it!!! It's like smoking without the guilt of expenses to health and pocket. My OH is really happy too, he has never managed to go more than a few hours before giving up and he hasn't touched a cig since Friday morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

excellent, sept09baby! i wish i'd seen this before i spent about... oooh.... a few weeks... getting bogged down in all the different devices and reviews, not having a clue what i was looking for. this will be my go-to link to point other 'converts' at. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

Why do you need two batteries?

Why do you need two clearomizers? (for different types of juice?)

Basically why do you need two e-cigs?

Also, do those replacement heads work with the Vision v3 clearomizer?

You need two batteries so you can always have one in use when the other needs to be charged.

Would recommend at least two clearomisers - for different juices and also so you have one when the other is being cleaned out. The replacement heads in this list are for the Kanger T2 clearomisers that are included but you can get heads for the Vision V3 elsewhere. They're the same idea, just a different design.

sept09baby wrote: »
    You need two batteries so you can always have one in use when the other needs to be charged.

Would recommend at least two clearomisers - for different juices and also so you have one when the other is being cleaned out. The replacement heads in this list are for the Kanger T2 clearomisers that are included but you can get heads for the Vision V3 elsewhere. They're the same idea, just a different design.

So if you clean the clearomizers to re-fresh them back to normal, what's the point in buying so many replacement heads?

The heads will evetually wear out no matter how much you clean them and will need to be replaced. You should clean the tank itself to stop build up or residue or to remove a strong flavour before using a different one.

• Advertisement

Hmmm ok.

How do you clean the clearomizer? Do you use vodka? Soak it for 24hrs? Mine is only 4 days old and I have only one flavour of juice. (DAkang USA red mix). When do you think I'll need to clean it? I mean how will I know it needs cleaning?

There are so many different methods online I dunno which one to use. One guy recommended wrapping them in tinfoil then putting them into a 200 degree oven after cleaning. 15 minutes later, take them out. Let them cool for 10 minutes. Then put them back in the oven for 10mins. There's no way I could ever be arsed doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Allah_ wrote: »
    Hmmm ok.

How do you clean the clearomizer? Do you use vodka? Soak it for 24hrs? Mine is only 4 days old and I have only one flavour of juice. (DAkang USA red mix). When do you think I'll need to clean it? I mean how will I know it needs cleaning?

There are so many different methods online I dunno which one to use. One guy recommended wrapping them in tinfoil then putting them into a 200 degree oven after cleaning. 15 minutes later, take them out. Let them cool for 10 minutes. Then put them back in the oven for 10mins. There's no way I could ever be arsed doing that.

I've a kanger and i unscrew the mouthpiece and rinse it and leave it to dry, i put the head with the wick on a piece of kitchen roll and let it dry out and then rinse the tank itself in warm water under the tap and leave it to dry. only been using it since saturday evening but i've a few juices put through it and it seems to work so far.

I just soak in warm, soapy water and leave to dry overnight. Does the job for me. Can't be bothered with anything else. Might need more in depth cleaning after a powerful menthol flavour but it's never been an issue for me

Do you soak the whole thing in water (not the battery of course).

I mean you take the clearomizer apart completely and throw it all into the water? Atomizer and all?

Also, you said you spend about €30 on vaping supplies per month. Is that all on juice?

Yeah I take the whole thing apart and leave it in warm soapy water for about half an hour. Rinse out and leave to dry on kitchen towels. I do it about once a week.

I spend about €24 a month on liquid and then get a few replacement heads. Some months I spend more trying new things but have built up quite a collection so could easily go a few months now without buying anything. Not going to happen though cos there's still flavours I want to try :-)

1336132800_20_1_EUR_8_default.png

In the last 4.5 months I'd say my real savings have been about €600-€700 cos I've bought loads of extra chargers, batteries, drip tips, different dcts and clearos to try etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Nice kit for a beginner,
    Should someone win the lotto....
    just do it.jpg
    You know you want to :D

You'd need more than one battery ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

ecig.png

anybody got any input on this?,some of the stuff in the original post is out of stock so i just got what a could.Am i missing anything or should i change anything?

cheers.

pmcmahon wrote: »

anybody got any input on this?,some of the stuff in the original post is out of stock so i just got what a could.Am i missing anything or should i change anything?

cheers.

i'd swap out those batteries for ego twists. are they out of stock of them?

artyeva wrote: »
    i'd swap out those batteries for ego twists. are they out of stock of them?

Added the ego twists to the basket just there,seem to be in stock.Would i be better going for this or the kanger twist starter kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Kangertwist starter kit - there's a juice sampler in the Kangertwist kit.

grindle wrote: »
    Kangertwist starter kit - there's a juice sampler in the Kangertwist kit.

this is my basket atm.
    ecig-1.png

Well the juice side of it isn't really bothering me as such,i'll most likely order more juices anyway.Would the Kangertwist perform better?

Added the ego twists to the basket just there,seem to be in stock.Would i be better going for this or the kanger twist starter kit?

whoops - my bad - i took it up that the twist starter kits were out of stock so you did up this list instead. get the starter kit and yer laughin'.

the twists are variable voltage - so you can tweak the temperature/amount/flavour of the vape to your liking.

artyeva wrote: »
    whoops - my bad - i took it us that the twist starter kits were out of stock so you did up this list instead. get the starter kit and yer laughin'.

Cheers nice one :D

Cheers nice one :D

no bother, eh ;)

Advertisement