Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapish laptop with hdmi port and i3 processor

Options
  • 14-09-2012 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

My m1530 broke. I want to replace it with a 15" i3 laptop that has a hdmi port at a decent price. Dont care about graphics card, and will replace the hard drive with the ssd from my broken one, so that doesn't matter either. Want 4GB of RAM.

There are some Vaios on amazon that seem to fit the bill, but I dont really like the triangle styling on the e-series. The Inspiron 15 would seem great if it wasn't for the lack of a hdmi port..

Any recommendations for this spec?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Awesome, thanks! Ordered that.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Good find Sir, presumably this has two USB 3.0 ports as well? , I had ordered the samsung 305 but waiting to ship for over a week , cancelled, the £50 back nice touch but wording could
    lead to problems
    The Promotion is open to residents of the UK and Northern Ireland only excluding wholesalers and retailers selling any of the Promoter's range of products. Also excluded are businesses, employees and the families of the Promoter and the Promoter’s agents, and anyone involved in the administration of the Promotion. Participants must hold a bank account in the country they are participating.

chris1970 wrote: »
    Good fine Sir, presumably this has two USB 3.0 ports as well? , I had ordered the samsung 305 but waiting to ship for over a week , cancelled, the £50 back nice touch but wording could
    lead to problems
    The Promotion is open to residents of the UK and Northern Ireland only excluding wholesalers and retailers selling any of the Promoter's range of products. Also excluded are businesses, employees and the families of the Promoter and the Promoter’s agents, and anyone involved in the administration of the Promotion. Participants must hold a bank account in the country they are participating.
    Well that's pants. I wouldn't have bought it right away if it wasn't for that promotion ending tomorrow. Still a good deal and all though I guess. Might get onto amazon about it being misleading to Irish consumers the way they have the link on the page as a special offer.

Got this back from an email to amazon.
    Hello,

In response to your query regarding Lenovo Laptop Cashback.

I'm sorry to say that the information you requested is not available with us.

In this case, I request you to contact Lenovo directly.

For all Summer Saver WITH LENOVO CASH BACK Promotion related questions, please contact:

Email: lenovo-saving@techprotect.de

Fax: +49 7031 7632 5565

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Price went up to £436.95 which is a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

No, it's a 1st gen Core i3 processor. Huge difference to a 3rd gen Core i5.

Torqay wrote: »
    No, it's a 1st gen Core i3 processor. Huge difference to a 3rd gen Core i5.
    Oh I had assumed the other was an i3 because of the thread title. Had been wondering if it was a new generation processor in the one I linked alright though - wasn't apparent from the link itself that I could see.

• Advertisement

The i3 380M is not a bad CPU, still a good bit faster than the current generation of dual core Pentium. But since they're almost 2 years old, it won't be easy to find one with USB 3.0

Anyway, for significantly less than 400 yoyos I'd still consider those a good stock clearance bargain, Argos is selling a HP for €359, HDMI but no USB 3.0.

my g580 having blue screen/ rebooting constantly trouble since i got it , 2 questions,

i tried ringing lenovo ireland 20-30 min on hold, 'press 1 press 2' etc min bounced around the world uk india etc got nowhere , the irish support number i was given 1800 657 527 dont exist anymore, the uk number 0044 8442491112 dont work ,any now a working number for service support ireland?

2 will i just package back to amazon , pi$sed off
    attached is crash dump

Getting this from day 1?

Run MemTest86+. If the memory is passing the test, restore the laptop to factory default (backup any documents first).

Still no dice? Send it back.

Advertisement