Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies - Would You Consider Dating a 5'8 Man??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

If your belief is that your height is an issue, then you will give off signals that you don't feel comfortable with yourself.

As a result, women won't feel comfortable around you because you will come across as being insecure and lacking in confidence.

It's the self-consciousness, rather than your height itself, which will hurt your success with women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

If your belief is that your height is an issue, then you will give off signals that you don't feel comfortable with yourself.

As a result, women won't feel comfortable around you because you will come across as being insecure and lacking in confidence.

It's the self-consciousness, rather than your height itself, which will hurt your success with women.

It goes both ways, though. Some women are insecure, and because of that they won't date guys who are smaller or skinnier than they are.

I'm a smaller-than-average guy and would normally go out with girls smaller than myself, but I do occasionally find myself with women who are taller. I find that if both of us aren't insecure about the issues, then there are no issues.
    bnt wrote: »
    What if he's French? Napoleon Bonaparte was famously short

Famously incorrect. He was slightly taller than the average French male. He just chose the wrong people to hang around when he was being painted.
    mcmacness wrote: »
    I wouldn't discriminate against someone I liked based on their height, saying that though I'm 5 "6" and I've dated a guy about a couple of inches taller than me and a guy alot more taller than me. I prefer being with someone taller, I don't think I'd be attracted to someone alot shorter than me though!

Does. Not. Compute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Im 5'5 and I dont think it has had any material impact on my success (or lack of) with the opisite sex. When I was younger I was extremly shy which had far more of an impact than height ever did.

Ive gone out with taller girls in the past and height hasnt been an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Gimmie five 8'' men and then we'll talk :P

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

I'm a 5"4 (and 3/4s!) tall female, and until recently I leaned towards guys about 5"10/11. But have recently been seeing a guy who's roughly 5"8 and it's actually much better. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carverkid

Tall guys can often be self conscious and shy as well. My friends 6ft 7" and a great guy has it all physically but he slouches because he's so shy from his height.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 M_Bovary

Personally I prefer a taller man, but it's just one attribute that I admire, so if there's other things going for him but he's under 6' I would gladly indulge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I've dated men even shorter than 5ft 8'. Shortest guy I dated was around 5ft 3', tallest was 6ft 10'. At the moment, I'm dating someone who is around 6ft 4', so I don't really see the problem with dating shorter or taller people.

I'm only 5ft 1', and it makes dating taller people awkward to tell the truth. The bf was actually laughing at me today because I only come up to his breastbone in height.

I prefer dating people that are around 5ft 8' tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'm 5'9 in heels.
    Me too. Stilettos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Starting to realise why im single after all these threads

Would you consider dating a 5'8 Man? 5'7 :cool:

Men who still live at home... is it a deal-breaker? Check :cool:

On the Dole-A Deal Breaker? Im an unemployed Student :cool:

Would date a smoker? :cool:

I would imagine them all combined into one is a deal breaker :pac:

I lead a fine life though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Starting to realise why im single after all these threads

Would you consider dating a 5'8 Man? 5'7 :cool:

Men who still live at home... is it a deal-breaker? Check :cool:

On the Dole-A Deal Breaker? Im an unemployed Student :cool:

Would date a smoker? :cool:

I would imagine them all combined into one is a deal breaker :pac:

I lead a fine life though :)

Nah, not for all of us. I would however, have a problem with your homicidal tendencies, and would refuse to be a passenger in your car within a 100 mile radius of any body of water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

lizt wrote: »
    I'm 6 foot tall (and female) and I can't say that height is a huge issue for me. I do notice men who are taller more though, just because it's more unusual.

TBH, I think society expects the female to be shorter, I don't know why but I personally don't think it makes a difference. I have talked to a few guys that have said under no circumstances would they go out with a girl that's taller than them :rolleyes:

How can you possibly not realise why society expects women to be shorter. Women are shorter than men and most men are taller than their OH.

Society expects each individual not to be millionaires because most people aren't millionaires.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

How can you possibly not realise why society expects women to be shorter. Women are shorter than men and most men are taller than their OH.

Society expects each individual not to be millionaires because most people aren't millionaires.

I phrased that wrong. What I meant was that a lot of people think it's wrong for a woman to be taller than their OH. A lot of ladies on this thread have said they wouldn't date a man sorter than them or that they would prefer not to.

It may not be the norm but I don't really see why height should be an issue.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I like the idea of de-electing a president.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I'm 5' 10" and height dosen't bother me , we're all the same height when the lights go out anyway ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm a 5'7'' woman and I've been with guys in an array of heights! I have always gravitated towards taller men but I have been with guys from 5'5'' - 6'5''.

My current bf is 5'11'' which is a really good height for me. I can wear my biggest heels and only be a teeeeny bit taller than him :pac:

Height shouldn't be a dealbreaker though. In fact, most of these "deal-breakers" are ridiculous. Fair enough, it's down to personal taste but I believe there should be exceptions to every rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Most women are 5'8'' or less surely.

And some/many of those that are taller aren't too pushed about height.

So if you're not getting the burds - height probably isn't the issue.

I'm about 5'8.5'' - 5'9''. Lanky mofo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

About 5' 11" here, no idea if that's acceptable or not tbh :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

well im 6ft 5
    and girls seem to think thats very tall
    i always imagined 5ft 8-5ft11 being the perfect height for a fella
    but girls love tall fellas ;) had some donegal bird come up to me one day while i was in town
    randomly said to me in that sexy accent "My god lik ur so tall, i luvv eh"
    and she was like 5ft 2 ha i was getting a creak in me neck from looking down ah her ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

saiint wrote: »
    well im 6ft 5
    and girls seem to think thats very tall
    i always imagined 5ft 8-5ft11 being the perfect height for a fella
    but girls love tall fellas ;) had some donegal bird come up to me one day while i was in town
    randomly said to me in that sexy accent "My god lik ur so tall, i luvv eh"
    and she was like 5ft 2 ha i was getting a creak in me neck from looking down ah her ha

You'll have a mighty hump on your back in no time ...

http://www.corinaharold.com/albums/The-Simpsons/Mr_Burns.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

You'll have a mighty hump on your back in no time ...

http://www.corinaharold.com/albums/The-Simpsons/Mr_Burns.gif

probably will
    anyone hear any bells ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I would have no problem dating a fella who be 5'8. I rather a guy a little taller than me within the normal height range. I wouldn't want a lad too close to my height or too short. Anything less than 5'5 would be a no no. Only exception if I liked him and found him attractive but I find myself attracted to fellas that are taller than me in particular those between 5 inches to a foot taller than me.

I rather stretch or cramp my neck up high and look up than be bumping heads and bumping teeth not very nice, it feels more protective if he taller than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Aquila wrote: »
    Why would been 5'8 be a problem in attracting ladies?i'm 5'8 and never have had a problem!

I think that if someone doesn't look like the elephant man and has a good personality, height doesn't come into it, and that the ones who can't get dates are using height as an excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

I wouldn't even consider 5'8" short. 5'8", 5'10" and 6' all look the same from down here :-) I would like if my husband could pick me up and carry me about the place though. Upstairs when I'm sleepy, that kind of thing. When I see little ladies limping around town in heels with big bear-men beside them I often wonder why they don't make better use of them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DColeman

Just revisting this thread again, don't think boards is very realistic on this tbh. I'm pretty sure most men around 5'8 or under would struggle. I think this thread are being too politically correct here to say the least.

I would hate to be under 5'10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭pathtohome

I'm almost 6'4. Height doesn't matter to women, it's 100% about the face. Without male model face, you can either **** or...****, your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

DColeman wrote: »
    Just revisting this thread again, don't think boards is very realistic on this tbh. I'm pretty sure most men around 5'8 or under would struggle. I think this thread are being too politically correct here to say the least.

I would hate to be under 5'10.

People tend to act all nice and PC when on forums in cast they end up being called shallow but in reality most people are pretty shallow. It is all about size and looks. I constantly see girls drool at any attractive looking guy they see while they never pay any attention towards other less attractive guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭starfish90

You'd have to be very small minded if height was one of your major issues in a man...I know there's a great pun there but i'm being serious :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭pathtohome

People tend to act all nice and PC when on forums in cast they end up being called shallow but in reality most people are pretty shallow. It is all about size and looks. I constantly see girls drool at any attractive looking guy they see while they never pay any attention towards other less attractive guys.

If you're a woman all you gotta be is OK looking to be SWARMING with male attention, if you're less than that you'll still do fine and meet someone/have flings.

If you're a man you've gotta either be "smoking hot" or have high social value within a social circle, if you're less than that you're free to enjoy the pleasures of your hand.

Advertisement