Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy s 3 broken screen

Options
  • 11-08-2012 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

So, the O/H had just dropped her less than two weeks old sgs3 on the living room floor.

Now, lucky enough the phone is still fully functional, but their are about four big dirty
    cracks on the screen.

Unfortunately for her, the phone isn't insured :mad:

A quick google search is giving me figures of close to £200 but I'm hoping this is for the new LCD digitizer, she seems to have only broken the glass 'lens' covering the lcd part (of that is possible)

Anyone any recommendations where it could be fixed for a reasonable figure in Ireland?

Its it possible to claim the repair (or a replacement phone) on the house insurance?

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't you have 4 weeks to insure a handset after you've purchased it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't you have 4 weeks to insure a handset after you've purchased it ;)

Yep, you definitely do with Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yep, you definitely do with Vodafone.

I'm nearly sure that (well with three anyway) you must bring phone in to them.

When i got my sgs2, i did anyway, they check phone, and ime number (to ensure you've not done a switch around).

If that's still the policy, we be screwed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ghandee wrote: »

When i got my sgs2, i did anyway, they check phone, and ime number (to ensure you've not done a switch around).

http://www.gadgetinsurance.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ghandee wrote: »

You'd also get cover from Chill.ie for €37.80 if you pay for the year and the excess is €35. I only took it out last week, they don't ask to see the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Thanks lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

^ dodgy above people but seems the best bet.
    afaik the screen is glued to the led thing so you need to replace both which is why its so costly...
    goodluck with insurance claim anyways :)

Advertisement