Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inconsistent modding.

Options
  • 26-07-2012 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

I get a yellow card for this.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samich

Because being thick makes you a bad person. Some proper turds in this thread

Got the PM from a mod saying this "There's no reason to insult people"

Yet the post I was replying to in the first place goes unpunished.
    Quote:
    Indeed, its not Facebook's fault that she's a thicko.

Why is this? Is it only boards members we can't insult.

Had to laugh at the note in the mod PM too
    Quote:
    This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

It's all over the site too, posts are reported that break the charter and nothing is done. I reported that post and nothing is done. We either both get a yellow or neither.

Surely the girl from the OP yesterday could sue if she wanted, the amount of abuse she was getting, numbers being posted, pics etc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Note: DRP thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Samich wrote: »

Got the PM from a mod saying this "There's no reason to insult people"

Yet the post I was replying to in the first place goes unpunished.

Why is this? Is it only boards members we can't insult.

Reporting a post means it will be considered by a moderator and many diverging factors will influence the decision, provocation, past history, nature of comment, etc. Moderators are'nt always involved in a thread so this can sometimes be difficult.
    On a different note it seems a bit unfair to post quotes from a PM correspondence even if you havent named the person sending it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Samich wrote: »
    Surely the girl from the OP yesterday could sue if she wanted, the amount of abuse she was getting, numbers being posted, pics etc.

What relevance does this have to your issue?

I hadn't seen those posts but I've heard people make reference to them. Pretty sure they would have been dealt with anyway once seen/reported. So I'm not entirely sure what's so inconsistent there regarding you being carded for your post.
    It's all over the site too, posts are reported that break the charter and nothing is done. I reported that post and nothing is done. We either both get a yellow or neither.
    It's mentioned time and time again through out all the threads here about mods:

- They aren't always available
    - They don't always think infractions are warranted, or even judge the rating of the infraction differently. Such as how Randy would of expected you to be due a Red (according to feedback in the DRP thread mentioned earlier).

Also, regarding your reporting of the post, was it before or after you were infracted? Seeing as you are now demanding that they be so as a result of you being infracted. That could be considered a nuisance report. You took it upon yourself to respond in the manner you did and should accept responsiblity for it. If you don't like how the other post was/wasn't handled have you discussed it with the mod who approached you?

The mods are a great laugh alright. I'm sure they'll appreciate your recognition of their humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What relevance does this have to your issue?

I hadn't seen those posts but I've heard people make reference to them. Pretty sure they would have been dealt with anyway once seen/reported. So I'm not entirely sure what's so inconsistent there regarding you being carded for your post.

It's mentioned time and time again through out all the threads here about mods:

- They aren't always available
    - They don't always think infractions are warranted, or even judge the rating of the infraction differently. Such as how Randy would of expected you to be due a Red (according to feedback in the DRP thread mentioned earlier).

Also, regarding your reporting of the post, was it before or after you were infracted? Seeing as you are now demanding that they be so as a result of you being infracted. That could be considered a nuisance report. You took it upon yourself to respond in the manner you did and should accept responsiblity for it. If you don't like how the other post was/wasn't handled have you discussed it with the mod who approached you?

The mods are a great laugh alright. I'm sure they'll appreciate your recognition of their humour.

It has every relevance. I call a politician a ****. I get an infraction, why are people not in the public eye allowed to be abused if this is the case?

Yeah it was after I got the infraction as I didn't think I'd get an infraction seeing as the post above me didn't get anything.

Why was the first post allowed to abuse someone, yet my insult wasn't insulting to anyone in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

This has no relevance to my inconsistent modding post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Guys,

I don't think there is a need to have both a DRP thread and a Feedback thread on the same thing, so I'll close this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement