Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Leinster TT Champs

Options
  • 08-06-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Cuchulainn Cycling Club are promoting the 2012 Leinster Time Trial Championships next Thursday (June 14th) in Dundalk with the first rider off at 7pm.

The Start is just off the M1 Motorway (45 Minutes from the Airport) The 10 Mile (16km) course is along the R132 (Old Dublin Road) and is an out and back flat course from Felda to Castlebellingham. Riders will set off at 1 Minute intervals.

Medals (Gold, Silver & Bronze) will be awarded in the following categories (Riders may only compete in one category):

A1 | A2 |A3 | A4 |Women |Junior |Veteran

Riders from outside the province are welcome to compete, however there will be no prices other than the provincial medals awarded.

THE EVENT IN PRE REGISTERED ONLY: http://www.cuchulainncc.com/?page_id=453

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭buffalo

Same night as the inter-club 10m TT, sweet, might actually place somewhere if those lads with their aero bars and sperm helmets feck off! :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭CuchulainnCC

Just a reminder that you need to pre-register for this event

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

When does registration close?

(and have any fast vets signed up yet?;))

• Registered Users Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

buffalo wrote: »
    Same night as the inter-club 10m TT, sweet, might actually place somewhere if those lads with their aero bars and sperm helmets feck off! :D:p

I have aerobars and a helmet you can borrow. They look like this and this.

Lumen wrote: »
    I have aerobars and a helmet you can borrow. They look like this and this.

You got my hopes up, I just want some of these.

• Advertisement

Entries are only starting to come in 20 so far with 2 Vets

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

... and if only 3 vets sign up do they all get medals :D:D

I know you guys ran this a couple of years ago, but there was no vets category then. Did you also run it last year? Just curious as I have the option of signing up for either A4 or vets but I know there are a lot of very fast vets out there, so was wondering what sort of numbers typically turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭CillianL

I just want to gauge what the standards will be at the leinster tt championships.
    My best 16K TT (Boot Inn) is 24minutes 40 seconds (with aero bars fitted to road bike no 'sperm helmet'). Given that there's an A4 16k how much time would I need to take off to have a decent chance of placing?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭drops

Just a reminder that you need to pre-register for this event

In TT's, are CI points available in each of the categories ?

CillianL wrote: »
    I just want to gauge what the standards will be at the leinster tt championships.
    My best 16K TT (Boot Inn) is 24minutes 40 seconds (with aero bars fitted to road bike no 'sperm helmet'). Given that there's an A4 16k how much time would I need to take off to have a decent chance of placing?
    Results from 2010 and thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭wav1

Just for your information.Cycling Leinster made a decision at their AGM last year to award Vets,Woman,and Jun medals in championships this year.These categories will also apply at the r/r champs in Bunclody in July in addition to A1 A2 and A3.No champs medals for A4 as it is deemed a non championship category by Cycling Ireland.Hope this helps

wav1 wrote: »
    Hope this helps
    Certainly does

I think shaungil should surrender his medal forthwith:D

Also, can you keep the bit about A4s not getting medals from any other A4 vets who may be partaking;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Not a chance as the saying goes "show us your medals" well medal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

shaungil wrote: »
    Not a chance as the saying goes "show us your medals" well medal.

If Beasty wants it he can fight you for it !! Mano to mano.......
    We could charge to view and donate the cash to charity ;)
    His Vets pursuit medal would also have to be on the line though....

Just been informed by Cycling Leinster that there will be No A4 Championship. All other categories remain A1 / A2 / A3 / Women / Junior & Veterans

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭drops

Just been informed by Cycling Leinster that there will be No A4 Championship. All other categories remain A1 / A2 / A3 / Women / Junior & Veterans

Is it still open from people outside the province to compete and get a time

drops wrote: »
    Is it still open from people outside the province to compete and get a time
    You can still sign-up as "non-Leinster", although the A4 option has gone. I guess anyone who is A4 and wants to set a time could use this option

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andrewstanley

Anyone around south dublin area driving out that I could hitch a lift off? I'll split the fuel costs and whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Will the Ireland Spain game affect turn out I wonder? Do cyclists watch soccer?

'Spose if you could chase a decent 3g signal you could always use an iphone mount... :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

fat bloke wrote: »
    Will the Ireland Spain game affect turn out I wonder? Do cyclists watch soccer?

'Spose if you could chase a decent 3g signal you could always use an iphone mount... :)

I watched the Spain/Ireland game during the World cup in the p*ssing rain in a Pub in the middle of the W200........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 oscarmulero

anyone know if the starting times for entrants are up anywhere?

Starting List will be posted tomorrow afternoon after registration closes

So six Vets - three will return home with medals, three will return home broken men. :D

Six A3s, four A2s, four A1s, five women, four juniors, and 33 "club" people. Are the club entries Cúchulainn riders? Or non-Leinster riders?

So six Vets - three will return home with medals, three will return home broken men. :D
    At least 3 of the vets are at least a minute faster than me:( (based on my secret dossier;))
    Six A3s, four A2s, four A1s, five women, four juniors, and 33 "club" people. Are the club entries Cúchulainn riders? Or non-Leinster riders?
    They seem to have up to 60 or so turning up to their club league TTs, and when I last checked the registration it appeared there were only a couple of "non-Leinster" signed up

Beasty wrote: »
    They seem to have up to 60 or so turning up to their club league TTs, and when I last checked the registration it appeared there were only a couple of "non-Leinster" signed up

So it appears that only the very elite from each cat signed up then - top four in A1, A2 and juniors, top five women, and top six A3s. Good odds for a medal there for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i signed up as club, but forgot about the match.

Got there early - only a couple of riders around, very wet and windy. By the time I'd got everything ready it was a lot wetter and a lot more windy. I had a "warm-up" for a few km down the route - everyone else seemed to be sticking their turbos under some shelter. Anyway, I managed to get my feet drenched, but at least I had an idea what to expect. Very strong crosswinds, partly in our faces on the way out, but more from behind on the way back

I was due off 9th. Ryan was number 3 off, and my minute man was a junior

I set off through the standing water, down a decline and then the crosswind started blowing me all over (or at least it felt that way). The road was a bit rough in places towards the edge, but I didn't want to risk moving towards the centre, particulary given comments made by some of the drivers from those parts in the Louth thread.

Anyway, I settled down a bit, but was very wary of the blustery crosswinds - the slightest gap in the hedgerow and you coud be blown a metre or two into the road. There was a decent bit of hard shoulder for a while which allowed me to take some shelter towards the hedge. There were still plenty of open bits though, making conditions very difficult. I suspect my ballast helped but even so my shoulders where aching from trying to keep the bike straight, and I managed to pass my minute man perhaps just after half way to the turn. A few minutes before the turn I saw Ryan heading back in the other direction, on his way to the A1 Gold medal (well done Ryan and also to Mel who took the Ladies' gold)

Getting to the turn, it was a bit deceptive, and I slowed right down as it was a matter of going round a cone placed in the road. Then on the way back I had the sails up, pushing 45kph for quite a bit of the way

There were still a few scary moments, but the prospect of being blown into the hedge rather than traffic made it a bit less disconcerting.

Anyway, when I finally got my time it was 23m 44s, a 20s improvement on my previous best. It was a fast course, but conditions did make it very difficult. Power was another record 295w (299w normalised) - more of that in the training log

Oh, and a bronze medal for my troubles:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 oscarmulero

any results up for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Leinster Champions:
    Ryan Sherlock - A1
    Melanie Spath - Lady

Best to keep it the family ... I wonder if they'd adopt me.

Advertisement