Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

I don't even consider betting the first 5 games. You need recent stats to make an educated bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Gone for a dodgy one Tigre v Newells Old Boys over 2.5 goals @ 11/8

Argentina is really a league of unders but I think these top of the league teams might come in with the overs since Tigre always scores at home and Old Boys also bar one game (boca) have scored away alot

go wan my son

lovely bubbly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Odder vs Aarhus Fremad II
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/05/19/denmark/denmarksserien/odder-igf/aarhus-fremad-ii/1143004/
    An accumulater booster for those who do them, I'll probably be backing it straight up.
    Odder home record: 7 - 2 - 2
    Aarhus Fremad II away record: 1 - 4 - 5
    Odder (2nd in table) have won 3/4 of their home games since the winter break, drew the other. Aarhus (12th) have lost their 3 away games since the break. Odder win and they stay a few points clear in the promotion places.
    Odder are 13/20 for they win, huge value there imo.

Tjorring v Skanderborg
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/05/19/denmark/denmarksserien/tjorring-if/fc-skanderborg/1143005/
    Tjorring home record: 3 - 3 - 4
    Skanderborg away record: 8 - 1 - 0
    Skanderborg (1st place) are unbeaten in the league this year winning 18 drawing just 2. Tjorring (11th) since the winter break have a poor record 1 - 2 - 4, they have lost their last 3 home games on the bounce. If Skanderborg win this match they will be just a single point away from having the league sown up 5 games early.
    4/6 Skanderborg win with Ladbrokes, serious value there as well imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bayern Munich v Chelsea - Bayern Munich Possesion % Over 57.5% 5/6
    West Ham v Blackpool - Total Goals U/O 2.5 Over 2.5 8/11
    Celta Vigo v Alcoyano - Total Goals U/O 2.5 Over 2.5 1/2

Treble

Total Stake: € 18.75
    Estimated return: € 89.06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

would last seasons stats be worth using at all when a new season starts or is it better to wait for the season to play a few games and then analyse :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Do you not find the 1st week way to unpredictable for betting?

Generally yes.

But as I am brazilian myself I kinda know the teams and the situation, also I can do a deep research in brazilian sources and all, so I'm very confident with that double.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

robertowjr wrote: »
    Generally yes.

But as I am brazilian myself I kinda know the teams and the situation, also I can do a deep research in brazilian sources and all, so I'm very confident with that double.

Do you log the research at all? be a great resource for others

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

West Ham to score two or more seems a little bit short at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Do you log the research at all? be a great resource for others

No, but I can give you few websites, just translate them and you can have all the news, stats, predictions from the brazilian experts.

Nothing so special but when you follow a league since you are really young you kinda get to know things.
    This is the first year that I'll be in Ireland following the br league and betting (it's illegal there) so hopefully I can help you lads as much as you have helped me.

Nautico, Portuguesa, Bahia and Ponte Preta should fight on the botton of the table, 4 teams are relegated on the Brazilian League so keep an eye on them, just last thursday Gremio won away playing agaisnt Bahia for the Brazilian Cup, 2nd leg is next week.

Few sites from the top of my head.

www.globoesporte.com
    http://esporte.uol.com.br/
    http://espn.estadao.com.br/agora

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Excellent, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Celta Vigo, a team who won 3-0 last week (against a team placed #19) and also won 3-0 the week before (against a team place #4) are playing a team placed #21 tomorrow.

Alcoyano, the team they are playing against, has the second worst defense in the division - letting in 68 goals in 38 games. The only team worse are Guadalajara (letting in 71 in 38) - who just so happen to be the team Celta beat last week.

Celta have the second best defense in the league. Celta also have scored 3 goals in 10 games this season - and have an average of 2.84 goals per game this season.

Alcoyano have won 3 Away games all season (lost 13, drew 3). Alcoyano most recent Away defeat was 5 - 1 against a team #19 place in the league. They lost at home 3-1 in their last home game

There is a small chance Celta could still win the leauge if results go thier way in the next three games, but there is also a chance they could slip to third if they preform badly - so they should really be pusing hard in this game to hold onto #2 place at least.

Celta Vigo really should win this game comfortably. IMO, so a Handicap bet is probably worth it

Celta Vigo (-2.0) @ 3.00
    Celta Vigo (-1.0) @ 1.72

..are both available, depending on how far you'd want to push it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Thought this may be of intersest to some of ye here!
    http://i.ppstatic.com/popup/Super_Saturday_EUR.html
    Bet 10e on the Rugby tomorrow and get a free 10e in-running bet on the Champo league final.Not bad only the rugby bet must be 1/2 or greater and you can't bet on the handicap markets in order to get the free bet.

I like the look of 8/13 on under 3.5 tries.Hopefully be a safe enough bet as everyone is expecting a tight affair then we can get onto the football.

Now of course this is the footie thread not rugby so any tips for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Thought this may be of intersest to some of ye here!
    http://i.ppstatic.com/popup/Super_Saturday_EUR.html
    Bet 10e on the Rugby tomorrow and get a free 10e in-running bet on the Champo league final.Not bad only the rugby bet must be 1/2 or greater and you can't bet on the handicap markets in order to get the free bet.

I like the look of 8/13 on under 3.5 tries.Hopefully be a safe enough bet as everyone is expecting a tight affair then we can get onto the football.

Now of course this is the footie thread not rugby so any tips for the game?

Johnny Sexton over 11.5 pts @ 8/11 is very good imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Football betting thread, how is this difficult to understand..

Yokohama F Marinos @ Evens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

What league and time is that Yokohama F Marinos. Might have a small bet on it for ****s and giggles

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Havent had a bet in a while so went with this,

Leinster -2 points to beat ulster 4/11
    Bayern Munich 4/5
    West Ham 10/11

100 euro treble returns 468.60 with paddypower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I really like this treble for today and tomorrow:
    Levadia Tallinn
    Hazard anytime
    Ajaccio or draw
    @ 3.71

Lille and Nancy have nothing to play for, Lille are playing at home and this game should really be a goal fest, it's Hazard's last game for Lille so I'm sure the Lille players will do everything to make him score.

Hugely important game for Ajaccio who will be saved from relegation if they win, a draw might be enough depending on the other results, but they simply cannot lose this game. Toulouse haven't won in their last 5 games.

Levadia will win...

and a single on Ajaccio DNB @ 2.10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Bayern to just have more possession is 2/7 on 888sport.

Practically free money I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DiarmuidBoy89

Anyone think this is a safe enough bet
    West ham to score in both halves @ 7/4 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Do PP do possession markets at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Blatter wrote: »
    Bayern to just have more possession is 2/7 on 888sport.

Practically free money I would have thought.

I hate it when i see the term free money used, makes me cringe (guess thats why were all rich and the bookies are poor) - sorry Blatter

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fenna

West Ham 10/11
    Leinster -11 13/10
    Munich -1 21/10

€5 Stake returns €68.00

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

4 or more goals to be scored and West Ham win in normal time @ 4/1

William Hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Flora Tallin v JK Tallinna
    over 2.5
    Celta Vigo v Alcoyano
    over 2.5

double 2.08

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

PRICEGASM! CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ENHANCED: Drogba to score anytime 5/1 http://bit.ly/KN958s Get on while it's HOT!

12.50 max, think Bayern will win but this is worth the 12.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Gone for a Hearts, West Ham and Bayern treble....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got to love these enhanced specials that they only let about 100 people actually get :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement