Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bate -1/Hammerby double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Chateauroux v Guingamp - odds move on Guingamp, Chateauroux will be without Mandrichi, Dupuis, Baby, Fernandez and Moulin!!!!
    From odds moving alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DiarmuidBoy89

Anyone have any good tips for tomorrows games?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Treble for today & tomorrow:
    BTTS in Mjällby v Göteborg
    Under 2.5 in Ventspils v Skonto
    BATE to be winning at HT
    @ 3.87

Mjallby score and concede in almost every game : http://www.soccerway.com/teams/sweden/mjallby-aif/

Ventspils v Skonto: head to head stats > http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/05/17/latvia/virsliga/futbola-klubs-ventspils/skonto-fc/1260692/head2head/

There's some kind of scandal going on with BATE atm so I hope it won't affect this game cuz it looks like a sure bet.
    odds on Kruoja (Lithuanian league) keep dropping... they were at 1.83 yesterday and now they're at 1.38!

I've gone for a double of Kruoja and BATE to be winning at HT @ 2.09

Get in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

BATE -1 half time AH @ 2.35 is worth a shout in my opinion.

Nice start to the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Put €5 on all 12 teams to score in loi prem division tonight for a bit of interest.
    In shop pp special 50/1.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nice special. Was the special part that they gave lower odds?:D

Checked bet365 and it worked out @61,5
    Worth 2,5 i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Time of Drogheda first goal - before 70 mins @ evens

Really dont see Rovers keeping a clean sheet here this evening, been pretty poor so far this season and Drogheda are able to score as they have shown so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

inforfun wrote: »
    Nice special. Was the special part that they gave lower odds?:D

Checked bet365 and it worked out @61,5
    Worth 2,5 i suppose

Wow, was 39.5/1 with pp straight. Never had time to check elsewhere:(. Seems too much of a variance, are ya sure it was just the 6 games?

Yep.
    Would make screenshot but too much hassle on my netbook.
    So here are the odds per match:

Goal (both teams to score) @ 2.20
    Goal (both teams to score) @ 2.10
    Goal (both teams to score) @ 1.83
    Goal (both teams to score) @ 1.80

Bohs/Bray/Cork/Dundalk/Shamrock/Sligo matches respectively

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

De Dannan wrote: »
    Thinking about this double today
    French 2nd division

Clermont
    Troyes

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Hammarby vs Assyriska - Hamarby 1.97 188bet

Hammarby won 2/3 at home so far this season, drew the other. Home and Away Hammarby are unbeaten so far this season, 5 wins one draw. If Hammarby win they go back joint top. Assyriska lost 2/3 away so far, won the other. Assyriska have not won in three matches, drew 1, lost 2. Worth a bet imo.

Blau - WeiB Linz v First Austria

Last game of the season. Home side have sfa to play for, if away side win and Lustenau fail to win they will avoid a relegation play off. Away side has 2 wins in 17 away games this season, home side has only lost 4 of their 17 home games. Odd's on the away side are 10/11 :rolleyes:. I suspect this will be a win for the away side, probably won't be backing it but I'll consider it further in the morning.

Hammarby 0 - 2 Assyriska

Blau - WeiB Linz 2 - 2 First Austria

First Austria were 2 - 0 down and came back, and so stay up automatically as Lustenau were beaten 0 - 3 by the team bottom of the table and already relegated prior to today's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Any South/Central/North America action for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Won't be around tomorrow, so posting this now. I really think all three have a great chance - unless some weird circumstances pop up between now and tomorrow. I will likely combine the three for a Treble - still mulling that over.

Longford HT Result @ 1.50 (v Galway) - Ireland
    Firstly, the FT Results odds are too bad to consider backing. Longford have being winning at HT in the vast majority of their recent matches - against better opposition. Galway have not won in 22 gamez, and have won about 5 games in their last 50.

Even though the handicap bets looks good, I personally would not recommend it. Even though Galway loses a lot, more than half of their games this season would not have won a (-1) bet. HT Result currently has the same odds as (-1), and statistically happens more often for Longford. Also Galway have been losing at HT in 8 of their 11 games this season.

CFR Cluj to win @ 1.61 (v Universitatea Cluj) - Romania
    This is a derby match, and the fans are not too friendly towards each other. This match had to be postponed previously at the 24 minute mark, and this is a replay.

CFR Cluj are top of the league, and Universitatea are #7. Universitatea are highly erratic, and have won once in their last 5 (Drew 2 Lost 2). Universitatea have also never beaten CFR in past meetings going back to 2003. They drew three times, and almost beat them on penalties in a cup game - but never bettered that.

Hammarby to win @ 1.83 (v Assyriska) - Sweden
    Hammarby is second in the league. Assyriska are eight. Assyriska are going three games without a win - those were against teams lower in the league than themselves, and much lower than Hammarby. Hammarby has 5 wins in the last 6 games - the other is a draw. Two of those wins were against teams in a higher position than Assyriska. Of the 6 games played this season, Hammarby have only conceded 3 goals. Assyriska have let in 8 in 6.

Accumulated Odds: 4.44 | €20 = €88.85

Two came in, which I am happy about, as I placed a small single bet on each too. However, Hammarby uncharacteristically messed up, and screwed the treble big time. Sorry to anyone who followed that. When making the picks, Hammarby really did seem the least likely of the three to fail. :/

Also, interesting to see Longford finished 1 - 0. Was right to be wary about (-1), as it happened so many times in the past for both teams.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Anyone have any bets/tips for later? May have just woken up and not arsed researching myself lol.

inforfun wrote: »
    Yep.
    Would make screenshot but too much hassle on my netbook.
    So here are the odds per match:

Goal (both teams to score) @ 2.10
    Goal (both teams to score) @ 1.80

Bohs/Bray/Cork/Dundalk/Shamrock/Sligo matches respectively

****ing shelbourne... 11 out of 12 did score.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Voltwad wrote: »
    Rovers, Pats, Derry and Cork all to win, just under 10/1

F************ Pats. Bray equalize with the last kick of the bloody game :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

BATE to be winning at HT :cool:

forgot to do it but did these instead

http://gyazo.com/5d5c3464933341fe7b52377f978df425

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

-Ade- wrote: »
    Anyone have any bets/tips for later? May have just woken up and not arsed researching myself lol.

Nothing really standing out to me, Mississuaga Vs SC Toronto at 01:00 am if i'm still awake i'll watch this one and if the odds on over 2.5 moves from currently 1.65 up to 1.8 or 1.9 i'll probably take that, both sides well able to score goals, 5 each in their last games,

This is all too stressful. The Champions League is going to kill me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

Hammarby added to my list of enemies.

elefant wrote: »
    Hammarby added to my list of enemies.

Both Osters and them are usually great - and bookies (for whatever reason) usually open with very good odds for both teams - usually close to Evens. For that reason. I will not say goodbye just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,035 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for a dodgy one Tigre v Newells Old Boys over 2.5 goals @ 11/8

Argentina is really a league of unders but I think these top of the league teams might come in with the overs since Tigre always scores at home and Old Boys also bar one game (boca) have scored away alot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    Both teams NOT to score in Petrovac v Sutjeska (Montenegrin league)
    Levadia
    @ 2.03

Sutjeska > http://www.soccerway.com/teams/montenegro/fk-sutjeska-niksic/
    They usually either win to nil or lose to nil, the last 4 games between these 2 teams finished 0-0; 2-0; 2-0 and 1-0.
    Levadia WILL win, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Treble:
    Under 3.5 in Levadia v Viljandi
    Nomme Kalju
    Over 2.5 in West Ham v Blackpool
    @ 3.60

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fergal23

tinodz wrote: »
    Thinking ahead a bit, but....

Universitatea Cluj v CFR Cluj (Romania) tomorrow

The last time they met... The Cluj derby is suspended amid red cards, fighting & CFR Cluj walk off

There was also 12 Yellow Cards and One Red in there last 4 Unabandoned meetings

Probably best to find a bookie that is offering card markets for that.

Also, I can see...

Penalty Missed @ 10.00
    Penalty Scored @ 4.00

...possible good bets

Another, slightly tamer, stat is that CFR Cluj won 6 of the last 8 H2H - the other two were Draws.

CFR Cluj @ 1.66
    CFR Cluj DNB @ 1.25 is pretty much a Banker (might be worth adding to some Double)

Nice picking!

Been following this thread for a while now and it makes great reading, keep it up guys. Gotta post some of my picks soon!!

Some silly stats for West Ham vs Blackpool.

On average, both West Ham and Blackpool have scored 1.7 Goals a game this season.

Previous H2H (going back to 2010)

Blackpool 1 - 4 West Ham
    West Ham United 4 - 0 Blackpool
    Blackpool 1 - 3 West Ham United
    West Ham United 0 - 0 Blackpool
    ...going back any further ends up in 1960

Previous Playoff Finals - Last 5 Years

2011 Reading 2 - 4 Swansea City
    2010 Blackpool 3 - 2 Cardiff City
    2009 Burnley 1 - 0 Sheffield United
    2008 Bristol City 0 - 1 Hull City
    2007 Derby County 1 - 0 West Brom

This season, Blackpool have conceded 59 in 48 games. West Ham let in 48 in 48.

Of all the teams to finish in a Playoff position this season, Blackpool have let in the most goals over the course of 2011 - 2012. On the other hand, West Ham have the third best defense in the entire league.

There does seem to be a trend of high scoring games among the two teams - although West Ham usually does the scoring. Also, for the last 3 years, the Playoff Final has had very high scoring games - although this trend is really not a factor in what these two teams will try to accomplish.

In the last 9 games in the run-in, 3 of West Ham's final games finished with 2 goals scored. The other 6 had 3 or more goals, Blackpool is less favorable. 5 of their last nine games finished with 2 goals or less, and only 4 of them had three or more.

IMO, Blackpool seems the more likely team to conceded tomorrow, and H2H history shows West Ham are the more likely team to score when playing against them. Because of this, I will go...

West Ham to Score 2 or more goals in the match @ 1.80

The Overs market has worse odds for both Over 1.5 & Over 2.5 Total goals, so I will avoid that personally. Over 3.5 might be asking too much - even though it has happened in 3 out of the 4 last H2H games.

PS: I fully realize this is far too many words to describe why I am making this decision. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I hate betting opening day games, but gone for a single on Ceara @ 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Went with a Tigres vs. Newell's Draw @3.3

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

stingerro wrote: »
    Any South/Central/North America action for the night?

No, but this weekend the brazilian league starts, since it's the first match I've seen very good odds out there.

Cruzeiro and Internacional double @ 2.88 is a very good price ;)

Confidence: 8/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

robertowjr wrote: »
    No, but this weekend the brazilian league starts, since it's the first match I've seen very good odds out there.

Cruzeiro and Internacional double @ 2.88 is a very good price ;)

Confidence: 8/10

Do you not find the 1st week way to unpredictable for betting?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement