Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weaponised Go Kart Racing

Options
  • 20-04-2012 12:11pm

Would a rubber gimp suit counter act a tazer gun array on a home built go kart in a weaponised go kart race?

Or if not how would you go about counter acting such a weapon, especially if you are unsure whether the shot will come from a side, front or back?

Anyone got any ingenious weaponry idea for a go kart. Clearly weight and speed implications are a factor. A system for extending metal rods into neighbouring wheels would be useful but not sure how to achieve it.

Would installing atari Jaguar into the kart in any way improve ones chances, or at least make one look cooler?

Would have to be implementable by mid to end July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Banana skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

wear a tinfoil suit and constantly douse yourself in water.

also a great weapon for go karts is the banana skin.

edit: dammit

Are oil slick dispensing devices a waste of time? I think I could easily build in a release system with about 5 "shots" in it without compromising much in terms of weight or speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I find hydrochloride acid quite effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

A shotgun on some sort of swivel should suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Smoke bomb to blind the driver behind you (it stays attached to the vehicle obviously).

op can these weapons be fatal? if so go with the flame thrower, always go with the flame thrower.

Alas there is some kind of rule system invovling what is or is not sporting. Seems they find guns, acids, flames and darts to be un-cosher.

Bludgeouning and tazering however seems to be au fait... especially anything that targets the kart rather than the driver. Though I think the addition of tazers was particularly ingenious. I wonder if one could create some kind of wire mesh that would ground the tazer around the body rather than into it? I need a sparky for this I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Homing turtle shells?

could you have a little box that drops little spikes to burst tyres or are go kart tyres even inflated

• Advertisement

FatherLen wrote: »
    could you have a little box that drops little spikes to burst tyres or are go kart tyres even inflated

I think most avoid it as its an obvious attack point. What tyres were once inflated tend to be deflated and air replaced with that foamy rubber substitute stuff.

The wheels therefore seem to be the most obvious point of attack. That or the driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

5 cans of silly string.

Watch the end of the Little Rascals movie, they have some fairly cool soapbox weapons.

Also, attach fireworks to the sides for an extra speed boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

mushrooms that enable you to drive faster...

I wonder if I can acheieve anything with airbags. They appear to be quite powerful!
    mushrooms that enable you to drive faster...

Alas the only ones I have access to will probably just make you THINK you are driving faster. That or flying. Or racing against crocodiles in human suits or some such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Lightning bolts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Having a sniper waiting by turn 3 should get you onto the podium. Make sure he knows the driver in the gimp suit is NOT a legitimate target.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Alas the only ones I have access to will probably just make you THINK you are driving faster. That or flying. Or racing against crocodiles in human suits or some such.
    I'm guessing the turtle shell and lighning bolt suggestions make even less sense to you so :)

tranquilizer darts

I'm guessing the turtle shell and lighning bolt suggestions make even less sense to you so :)

No I got all the Mario references, but I couldnt resist a good magic mushrooms retort all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Have you considered stealth technology OP? I'm pretty sure that a good durable refuse sack could provide a fairly sophisticated cloaking device.

Yes, I know it was tried (unsuccessfully) by the USAF in Vietnam, but they were using black sacks.

I would suggest a dull grey refuse sack. Yes, I know they don't come cheap, but you get what you pay for, and cutting edge innovation isn't cheap.

I don't know what your budget is, but if you want the best, I'm afraid you're going to have to be prepared to pay upwards of a euro for a roll of five.

• Advertisement

have you considered fear?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Strap chainsaws to all sides of the kart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Thread title had some much promise. What the hell happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Go roman chariot style....

Spike on the wheels, and a whip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

hi volume water pissstols

syklops wrote: »
    Thread title had some much promise. What the hell happened?

Someone drew parallels between coupling wanton violence and real fun in a careening lump of wood and metal... with mario kart.... and it sort of went down hill (hah) from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Google Dildo Go Kart racing..........not at work, obviously.

Those crazy Japanese :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Google Dildo Go Kart racing..........

I.... think I might be too scared to risk it.

• Advertisement

Model yourself on this lad

There is a guy using tazers and you want me to don a big metal mask? :) I am looking for ways to counter act their effect, not accentuate the experience.

Advertisement