Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I have to say that the majority of times that I don't play on my own server now, it is not pleasurable. All because the admins seem to treat it as their own personal fiefdom. I get that they pay for the server so can do what they want but it's getting harder to find a server that isn't mental.

One of the guys in my party last night kept getting kicked for taking down the chopper with the stinger. His third kick resulted in a ban.

I keep getting kicked or moved to the admin's team when I'm doing well. Managed to spawn in a tank earlier after being moved by an admin but spawned in the other team's area. Thought the game had ****ed up but I had managed to spawn as I was being moved so I was given the 10 seconds to get out of the no-go area.

His team were on 60 tickets and the opposition was on 300. Turns out he had moved all of the colonels, including me, to his team and we won by 30. How can you enjoy this? Take your beating you absolute cretin.

Went into a server and was informed that I could not use an RPG. On Kharg, where there is a multitude of tanks, jeeps and choppers that need to be taken out.

Anyway, rant over, it's just frustrating.

Yeah, it's annoying. You can join one and everyone on the opposition team are the same clan tag and obviously working well together as a team. Playing against a team of randomers. What's the point?
    Can you filter out rented servers? I only copped there was servers called "epic battles" or something like that which used my top 5 favourite maps. Can't find them at all among all the rented ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Yeah, it's annoying. You can join one and everyone on the opposition team are the same clan tag and obviously working well together as a team. Playing against a team of randomers. What's the point?
    Can you filter out rented servers? I only copped there was servers called "epic battles" or something like that which used my top 5 favourite maps. Can't find them at all among all the rented ones.

Just enter 'DICE' into the search bar in the server browser. Trying to find a decently populated one would be the problem however... either completely full or empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Can people not just change their server name to have [DICE} at the start? nearly sure I've been in a few like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Can people not just change their server name to have [DICE} at the start? nearly sure I've been in a few like that.

Some do alright, but you'll know whether they're official servers or not from going into the server details.

I would like to see a filter added though. Hate going into someone else's rented games, can never tell if they're going to turn into arsehole admins or not

Really needs to be more options in the filter/search

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lag is a bitch for me in this game.
    Do those connection indicators even mean anything?
    I only ever go onto a server where I have 5 bars but the difference in some of them is huge.
    Got into one today where I had very little lag and it was like a totally different game.
    Instead of having to empty a clip into someone they were going down after a short burst.

The difference is ridiculous when compared to some games where I can stand behind somebody and riddle them in the back yet they have time to turn around and kill me and still have 50% life. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think at this stage they should give all the unlocks for the vehicles to everyone.
    I hate myself for being a d*ck about it, but I hate getting into the pilot seat and some gunner with no unlocks whatsoever gets in.
    I can appreciate he is new etc, but the time and effort to upgrade him isn't worth my while flying.

And at this stage it's HARD for anyone to unlock things in the air, as most of the pilots are experienced now and have all their unlocks, so a new pilot...with no flares, has no chance, and will immediately be put off flying.

I'd happily give everyone all vehicle unlocks to make the battlefield a fairer place
    (I'm not complaining from the POV of a new pilot, I have all my unlocks and jet/heli service stars many times over)

Yeah, I'm fine with helicoptors and have all unlocks apart from TV missile, I think. Jets are a different story, though. I find it hard to get a kill in them. I haven't even unlocked heat seekers :o

I can fly around for a decent amount of time and release the flares to prevent myself from being killed by all but the most experienced pilots but actually getting kills is the hard part. I left them too late to have a go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

SeantheMan wrote: »
    And at this stage it's HARD for anyone to unlock things in the air, as most of the pilots are experienced now and have all their unlocks, so a new pilot...with no flares, has no chance, and will immediately be put off flying.

I think it's a bad design choice to need to use the vehicles to have to unlock perks. There wouldn't be any problem if the countermeasures, like flares and ECM, were unlocked with a rank promotion. I.e. you get chopper flares at rank 15, and jet flares at rank 20, or whatever. Then you don't have to spend the time being cannon fodder before you can begin learning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Flares are unlocked for everyone from the start now I think

• Advertisement

TV missiles aren't though.
    Noone has a chance to be good at them, and they are amazing since the patch.
    Guided and everything else is awful compared to TV, especialy in chopper v chopper distance fights, where you are both just hovering and hoping your gunner manages to spam him with the gun, or that your missiles get a lucky hit before his does.
    TV missiles eliminate all that, but noone uses them or has them :(

Yeah, I'm fine with helicoptors and have all unlocks apart from TV missile, I think. Jets are a different story, though. I find it hard to get a kill in them. I haven't even unlocked heat seekers :o

I can fly around for a decent amount of time and release the flares to prevent myself from being killed by all but the most experienced pilots but actually getting kills is the hard part. I left them too late to have a go in.

If you're having problems getting kills then remember that jeeps are the easiest target for a jet to take out, so keep your eyes on the ground.

Also, one thing the game never teaches you is throttle control. Never, ever, let your speed drop below 300. If you just hold L2 to throttle down, and you can get down to 280 or lower, then you immediately lose turning speed and control. The fastest way to turn is to press the brake intermittenly to keep your speed at 300 (it's the number in the box on the top left of the HUD, your altitude is on the top right).

If you have someone on your tail and you can turn faster than them you can just keep doing a spiral and hope you end up behind them.

For this to be reliable you need the Air Radar perk so you know where the enemy jet is, but it's a good technique to practice whether or not you have that perk.

TV missiles eliminate all that, but noone uses them or has them :(

I haven't forgiven them for all the times they randomly exploded getting me teamkilled by my gunner.

It's between 280 and 300 if I remember correctly that your speed needs to be in turning.
    Also, go for tanks in a jet (rocket pods are amazing) and 1 pass will always give a vehicle disable if not a kill (already damaged, or you get his rear)
    Also for jets, practice a split S or double split S ....for evading or coming back on a target.
    You should be at a decent height, you then invert your jet and decrease throttle,pull back and then increase throttle out of the turn and you will come around.
    The double is basically the same thing done in succession

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone else notice how many AIMBOTS on pc there has been since the patch? I have to surf through servers until I find one that doesn't have atleast one guy aimbotting in it.

raze wrote: »
    If you're having problems getting kills then remember that jeeps are the easiest target for a jet to take out, so keep your eyes on the ground.

Also, one thing the game never teaches you is throttle control. Never, ever, let your speed drop below 300. If you just hold L2 to throttle down, and you can get down to 280 or lower, then you immediately lose turning speed and control. The fastest way to turn is to press the brake intermittenly to keep your speed at 300 (it's the number in the box on the top left of the HUD, your altitude is on the top right).

If you have someone on your tail and you can turn faster than them you can just keep doing a spiral and hope you end up behind them.

For this to be reliable you need the Air Radar perk so you know where the enemy jet is, but it's a good technique to practice whether or not you have that perk.

I gave this a try last night. The speed thing was very helpful, and I got a few more points. No kills as people keep bailing from the jet but I was disabling and destroying vehicles. Only one hundred points away from heat seekers where last night I wasn't even close. My big problem is still firing as I maneuver the plane but it is improving.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Is the only way of popping smoke grenades by unlocking them with a launcher for assault class?

Does that mean no medikit?

Newb questions. I got to this game later than I should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Is the only way of popping smoke grenades by unlocking them with a launcher for assault class?

Does that mean no medikit?

Newb questions. I got to this game later than I should have.

yep..it's the only way..I would have preferred if it was the defrib rather than the bag..

That would be damn handy. Oh well.
    Going to be difficult to let go of that crutch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

I've recently gone back to playing MW3 (not because it's amazing) but because DICE have let us down with a total lack of new content for Battlefield. For a company striving to be the best in the war genre, we have only received 1 map pack which was 5 months ago! Let alone that those 4 maps were rehashed from BF2 (I wasn't complaining, I never owned BF2 but if I did I would be pissed.) This Close Quarters DLC coming in June will be already two/three months too late....

IW are not great supporting their game but I guess they're on a totally different level with COD players getting new content at least every two weeks with new maps and then new game modes...

Come on DICE - you need a rocket up your arse. There is only so many times you can play Noshr Canals in a row...

• Advertisement

NOOoooooo !!!
    COD MW3 cannot be mentioned here !!!

You are already suckered into this "Mandatory DLC" and constant map pack malarky.
    What happened to the days when a game was released and you could be happy with it ?

There are about 12 maps or something at the moment, and most (myself included) don't care about the "Close quarter" DLC, because we want Battlefield...NOT COD.

Battlefield is about teamwork, vehicles and huge ass maps.
    You don't seem to grasp that.

Battlefield has been out 6 months, and they gave us the B2K DLC, and there are others on the way...I don't see how there is a TOTAL lack of new content.

Go get your COD Elite monthly membership , the Battlefield community doesn't need the likes.

I like the close quarters maps on BF3 also.

Was on 2nd prestive in MW3 and after the new maps came out recently just got absolutely sick of it.

Now I haven't put down BF3 in weeks for anything else. Probably get sick of this in a few months and go to MW3 again. Who knows.
    There's room for both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

NOOoooooo !!!
    COD MW3 cannot be mentioned here !!!

You are already suckered into this "Mandatory DLC" and constant map pack malarky.
    What happened to the days when a game was released and you could be happy with it ?

There are about 12 maps or something at the moment, and most (myself included) don't care about the "Close quarter" DLC, because we want Battlefield...NOT COD.

Battlefield is about teamwork, vehicles and huge ass maps.
    You don't seem to grasp that.

Battlefield has been out 6 months, and they gave us the B2K DLC, and there are others on the way...I don't see how there is a TOTAL lack of new content.

Go get your COD Elite monthly membership , the Battlefield community doesn't need the likes.

Oh, I grasp it alright...my grievance lays with the lack of content compared with COD and for what its worth, Elite sucks...can we be grown ups now...I refuse to get dragged into some childish fanboy flame war which you're so ardent to get caught up in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Oh, I grasp it alright...my grievance lays with the lack of content compared with COD and for what its worth, Elite sucks...can we be grown ups now...I refuse to get dragged into some childish fanboy flame war which you're so ardent to get caught up in...

Well think about it, Battlefield maps are easily 10 times larger than COD ones, have buildings that need to be individually designed and destructible, new vehicles and guns which also need to be modeled, sequences like jets destroying things on the map need to be made from scratch.

Call of duty maps are just maps, textured surfaces and not much else.

You don't give DICE anywhere near enough credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how many AIMBOTS on pc there has been since the patch? I have to surf through servers until I find one that doesn't have atleast one guy aimbotting in it.

I hate they way everyone go's on about aimbotting:mad:, if u really looked at it most of these so called hackers are just good players.:eek:

Im called a hacker every second server and its annoying after a while, not everyone who can kill you is a hacker.;)

Iv played 300hrs so far and found 2 hackers that where 100% hacking other than that it just been good players.:cool:

_Gawd_ wrote: »

I've seen people being called fanboys for plenty, but for not wanting DLC? That's a new one!

Agree with SeantheMan also when he says we don't need close quarters. Battlefield is better with big open maps. Some new game modes would be good, but conquest game mode works well on the big maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

.ak wrote: »

Thank feck you said that. The game is full of it for some reason, suspect its peeps last blast before they stop playing so they are hacking away. Hard to find a server without hackers !

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Paparazzo wrote: »
    ...Some new game modes would be good, but conquest game mode works well on the big maps.

Capture the flag in BF42 was epic! If you had two teams who played as teams games could go on for hours or even days! Cannot see why they dont put it in the game, I'm confident it would only be a few hours coding for someone!!!!

TheFairy wrote: »
    Capture the flag in BF42 was epic! If you had two teams who played as teams games could go on for hours or even days! Cannot see why they dont put it in the game, I'm confident it would only be a few hours coding for someone!!!!

That'd be awesome to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

so....the heavy barrel dart glitch on the m26....

Advertisement