Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is perma banning for ever, for ever ever...

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

*a song for ya there*
    Is it for ever or is there anyway back from it?
    *clutches straw*
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Yeap or whats the point of calling it permanent if it isn't? Do reading the prison forum it takes a while for some people to understand the meaning of permanent.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If someone has done something serious enough to warrant a permanent ban, why would we want them back?

Now that said, some people have successfully appealed permanent bans, but in each case the sincerity of their appeal/apology and the risk of them re-offending are weighed up before any consideration is given to lifting the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

I've been perma banned more times than I care to remember, but I keep coming back with different profile names and no one seems to notice. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

easychair wrote: »
    I've been perma banned more times than I care to remember, but I keep coming back with different profile names and no one seems to notice. :D

banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

...I keep coming back with different profile names and no one seems to notice.
    Don't kid yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

djpbarry wrote: »
    Don't kid yourself.
    "banned" :eek:

"banned" :eek:
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The kind of people who get permanently banned are the kind of people who can't help but draw negative attention to themselves, that's why they stay banned.

Unofficially if someone re-regs and acts like a normal decent human being, then there's no reason they'll be rebanned because they don't pop up on anyone's radar. But in general, once an asshat, always an asshat and most of them end up doing exactly what got them banned originally.

?
    This fella.
    seamus wrote: »
    The kind of people who get permanently banned are the kind of people who can't help but draw negative attention to themselves, that's why they stay banned.

Unofficially if someone re-regs and acts like a normal decent human being, then there's no reason they'll be rebanned because they don't pop up on anyone's radar. But in general, once an asshat, always an asshat and most of them end up doing exactly what got them banned originally.
    Perhaps

This fella.
    What about him?

• Advertisement

What about him?
    After you said that he got banned!

After you said that he got banned!
    I think it's safe to assume he was banned for bragging about the fact that he’s a multi re-reg. Nothing to do with me.

I think it's safe to assume he was banned for bragging about the fact that he’s a multi re-reg. Nothing to do with me.
    Oh I know, I was just point out the stupidness of it all:pac:

Advertisement