Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2011-Ho Ho Ho let the fun begin!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

A massive barking THANK YOU! to Kali's secret santa (I think I know who you were! hehe) she loved all of it! It's had to live on the mantle out of her reach since it arrive so she was delighted to get it handed to her today - and of course she'd no idea what to do with it! So I showed her the rip she had previously put into it and she figured it all out really fast then!

She got a really beautiful (and tasty, but I'll let her comment on that!) treat tree, a fairy tale pony (who got lost behind the sofa fairly fast, so queue mega crying and barking until it was retrieved for her!) a weird (in a good way!) crazy duck sort of looking thing with rope legs (her secret santa must have known how much she loves rope toys!! She was running up and down the hallway for about 45 minutes after getting it! She hasn't had a rope toy in forever so she was double delighted! And I've a feeling that was what she was trying to get at all along!) - and the last gift I think I'm more delighted with than she might be! A gorgeous little santa hat and scarf set (for dogs!) I'd been looking everywhere to get her something festive for chrimbo pictures but hadn't found anything! So getting one in the secret santa package was super!

Thank you so much to our secret santa from us both! You made our day! Kali's especially!! :D

Ps - Will upload photos tomorrow as I cannot find the connector for the camera :(

PPS - Does anyone know what time it is? And how long is it now before we do the next secret santa draw?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Trust me she loves the hat :p

DSC_0167.jpg

With one of her many many many treats

DSC_0168.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Charlie loved his presents, thank you so much to whoever was his secret santa, I'm still clueless as to who it was! :p
    He's exhausted now after all the excitement this evening, knew exactly what was happening as soon as the box was taken out from under the tree and very expertly ripped all the paper off the box and stuck his nose in. Loves the squeaky toy, he squeaked it all evening and still wakes up every now and again just to make sure it still squeaks! Hedgehogg has been devoured! :D And the blue bone he has just realised contains food and he was busy working out how to get his dog teasers out of it when I was heading to bed!

Photos and video will follow in a few minutes.

Ok I'm going to give up trying to embed the video as I am clearly thick! Here's a link instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucApC7BrtGA&feature=plcp&context=C388076dUDOEgsToPDskK-h8grf26ug1lREJpropNV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

SecretSanta16.jpg

Millie and Max are THRILLED with their very kind Secret Santas!! Everything's all mixed up now and we don't know who owns what but their both having loads and loads of fun! Thank you Secret Santas - whoever you are;):):)

• Advertisement

dscf2798c.jpg
    Waiting patiently!

dscf2805zx.jpg
    Diving in!

dscf2822u.jpg

dscf2858z.jpg
    Looking a very happy doggie!

dscf2873x.jpg

Just a small selection of photos taken, there's about 70-odd more but I won't bore ye! Needless to say he was one very happy and excited dog this evening! :p

A massive thanks again to whoever sent them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Ok I'm going to give up trying to embed the video as I am clearly thick! Here's a link instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucApC7BrtGA&feature=plcp&context=C388076dUDOEgsToPDskK-h8grf26ug1lREJpropNV
    OH MY GOD...im actually crying laughing here at that vid!!!!!:D:D The utter excitement. If that doesnt persuade new people to get involved next year nothing will! Brilliant.

anniehoo wrote: »
    OH MY GOD...im actually crying laughing here at that vid!!!!!:D:D The utter excitement. If that doesnt persuade new people to get involved next year nothing will! Brilliant.

Imagine what christmas morning is like! :eek: He's become rather good at opening presents, if only he had thumbs the damage he could do! :D The only problem we could have now is that we have empty boxes wrapped in nice paper as decorations under the tree in the kitchen, hopefully he doesn't think there his too and open them tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Aw Zapperzy I cried so much watching that :((

So glad Charlie likes the presents as much as I thought he would :p

Ye should have seen my one here sulking when she realised they werent
    for her :eek: :(:(

Not at home tonight but i (WE) will open as soon as I get home tomorrow

Sooo looking forward to it lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The excitement got the better of Harley - Frantic Head

383344_221673867908674_100001981871592_473992_279577142_n.jpg

I DON'T care if this came with your name on it.

399477_221673944575333_100001981871592_473995_526376871_n.jpg

Finally getting a minute in peace with his new rope toy.

166908_221674004575327_100001981871592_473998_801814020_n.jpg

Phoe on his new blanket with HIS reindeer.
    402969_221674101241984_100001981871592_474001_378837179_n.jpg

Now that I've posted pics of my husbands ugly slippers I hope you'll all join the campaign to get him to throw the ugly poxy things out. :pac:

• Advertisement

Zapperzy wrote: »
    That is the very best video!! It's fantastic!! That's what Secret Santa is all about! We should use it as an advert next year!! That little doggy is class - love him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Sorry I've been out of loop guys - Lucy my border collie wishes to keep her presents until Sunday morn with the rest of the family :) Look forward to seeing them then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The Grand Pressie Opening
    *(click on it to view video on photo-bucket)

th_021.jpg

Poppyb2011.jpg

Poppy2011.jpg

I wasn't aware that my dog was so badly in need of a good grooming till I saw these pics :p

Thanks Santa! I have another video of her doing her new game but it doesn't want to upload :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Sorry everyone, had a party after work last night and didn't get a chance to open the pressies with the dog.

After opening a gift for a friend who'd had a baby recently, they were a little bit reluctant to tear into their own present when we left it in front of them. Which is funny, because that gift was on the coffee table and had nothing in it to attract them to it!

Oso and Sox love the treats in the Christmas tree and are looking forward to munching their way through them over the holidays! The tug rope and the squeaky ball are also a big hit! Sox spent a few minutes just pushing it around the living room with his nose.

Overwhelmed by all the excitement, they're now having a little snooze :)

Thank you very very much Secret Santa!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

A monster has been created with the chocolate drops that were in Rosies SS present. There was also a Terrys Chocolate Orange from her Secret Santa, which I assumed was for us owners. But oh no Rosie was full sure it was for her. I had just opened it and went up stairs, when I came down Rosie had it in her bed and had devoured all but 1 segment of it and quite delighted with herself

She took it off the table, she never takes anything off the table, biscuits, sweets, any sort of food even her own. So since about 12 o'clock today she has been vibrating around the house and hasn't napped all day, very unusual for her. She's like someone on crack :rolleyes:

She has become a full blown chocolate junkie in the space of 12 hours

Thanks Secret Santa for all Rosies treats but I think the chocolate drops will be heading to a friends dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Púca got her pressie this morning and it resulted in hysterical running flat out around the house with her miniature toys :D The teeny tiny mouse was her favourite but she also lived the pig and mini tuggy. My little girl also loves the mini tuggy and Púca has someone small enough to play tug with her now!

picture.php?albumid=1520&pictureid=11502

picture.php?albumid=1520&pictureid=11500
    Mad running with the world's tiniest tuggy

picture.php?albumid=1520&pictureid=11498
    Piggy brough for a mad dash

picture.php?albumid=1520&pictureid=11495
    Not sure how long the mouse will last.... might have to confiscate it for agility training!

Thanks secret santa!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Ah thanks sooo much to Finns Secret Santa. She got loved all her toys - a Santa, a Reindeer and her favourite - a funny squashed looking snowman!!!

She ran herself ragged with them and when my sister arrived this evening she tried to grab all three at once to show her! :D

Will post pics later when himself sends them to my email (we used his phone).

Thanks so much again...Once again its been a great success and I am loving all the photos!!

Happy Christmas everyone and a big thanks to AJ and her helpers!!

Just thought I'd put up the pictures of Kali and her presents! I managed to get the rope duck back tonight to snap the picture of it! She hovered nervously behind me in case she wouldn't get it back! Its made perfectly - she still hasn't managed to do it much damage! No threads coming loose, no stuffing falling out, ropes still intact - nearly perfect except for all the slobber! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 teeky

Stig and Chloe want to say a huge big thank u to their Secret Santas. This is their first Christmas in Canada and gettin such fab toys from home means so much!
    Chloe is a tennis ball fanatic and Stig loves anything with a squeak so the gifts could not be more perfect!
    Thank u so so much Secret Santa Paws! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thank you to Lexi's SS, she was very excited about opening her presents! She got a lovely blanket & two squeaky toys. She's loves them and even shared with Ozzie!

I cant believe you paid €15 on postage though!

I'm in my mams for Xmas so no photos til next week sometime.

Happy Christmas everyone :D

• Advertisement

I couldn't resist putting up a picture of the fantastic Santa hat and scarf set from our Secret Santa - it looked amazing on her! It was the perfect size for her as well - she got soooooooo many compliments on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Molly & Alfie want to say a BIG Thank you to their SS. I was trying to put up some pictures for the past few days but it is not working. Will keep trying it to show how much joy & fun they had with their pressies :)

So do people want to know who sent them their pressies, or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

i would like to know it :D

You'll have to wait for Mymo to open her pressies first ;)

I'd love to know!!! Think I may have guessed Stig tho :o

So do people want to know who sent them their pressies, or not?

I think I've guessed who our Secret Santa was. I could be completely wrong! But I have a feeling our Secret Santa was who wrapped their package and addressed it and was told by the post office they wouldn't ship it just in the wrapping paper because it could fall apart. :D

And I'm fairly sure the recipient of our gifts has guessed who their Secret Santa was! The post office would not let me post it without a return address on it :rolleyes: I did explain I wanted to leave it anonomous because it was for a secret santa! But they weren't having it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Nooooooooo I don't want to know and I don't want my giftee's to know. Secret Santa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Whispered wrote: »
    Nooooooooo I don't want to know and I don't want my giftee's to know. Secret Santa :D
    Me too...dont wanna know either. It'll have to be spoiler alert if ye post it.:p

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »

It's all or nothing then :p

Poll???

Advertisement