Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Bit like The Late Late Billy Barry Toy Show, feck all good toys just preforming kids for the old's to watch, bit sad really, but at least WE had a good laugh.
    To early to go home, where to kids?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I disagree. You need some kids, some toys and some celebrities. This year it was just kids performing. Quite monotonous.
    P.S. the bulk of the toys sucked farts as well.

What do you mean by celebrity? Jedward or Waste of Life or some other talentless gimps. If so, thanks but no thanks.

EDIT: Agree about the toys - poor show in that regard.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

ArtSmart wrote: »
    He's not The Plank II

He's The Splinter.

anyway, bedtime. Have to sleep of the hangover which is already hurting.

Twig i thought.did dustin refer to him as that once?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

And WAAAAAYYY too much stage school singing.. they should have had more normal kids like that BRILLIANT 9 year old girl with the guitar...

I don't know one person who likes the stupid stage school kids. It's about time those kids were dropped from the show. It's almost like the stage schools have a stranglehold over the Late Late Toy Show and they get way too much publicity on it. I don't know about anyone else but when I was a child I always wanted to punch those stage school kids right in the face, with their fake smiles, their fake tans and their fake accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I found the show highly entertaining (probably for all the wrong reasons).

I thought the kid who built the ferris wheel was very good. Seemed like a sound lad.

The girl who wrote her own song and played guitar was very good for her age.

The little stage school girls singing that Hairspray song was hideous. So was the girl singing the Shirley Temple song. It's strange how that American stage school child thing seems to be really seeping into Ireland. So f*cking fake.

The book corner kids seemed like a nice bunch.

The lad with the guitar who did all the rockstar moves and was rolling around on the ground was f*cking hilarious.

The choir at the end were awful.

Thought Tubridy did quite well with the kids. I think he's good at interacting with children, and he got involved in the fun and games. I was expecting it to be worse, but he did well.

• Advertisement

The lad with the guitar who did all the rockstar moves and was rolling around on the ground was f*cking hilarious.

Agreed, but who the feck decided to put him in a tailored suit?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Imagine Vincent Browne hosting this!

C-can we now go to the Wii machine? No, oh ok. We now go over to our panel of guests tonight, Mary aged 7, John aged 9. Mary, what, what are you holding there? A Barbie. C-can we get a close up of the Barbie there? No, oh alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I don't know one person who likes the stupid stage school kids. It's about time those kids were dropped from the show. It's almost like the stage schools have a stranglehold over the Late Late Toy Show and they get way too much publicity on it. I don't know about anyone else but when I was a child I always wanted to punch those stage school kids right in the face, with their fake smiles, their fake tans and their fake accents.

qft.

screams of nepotism from the old billie barrie days.
    tubs kept going on about buying irish during the show. apart from the group that played the start of the happy feet song, there was feck all irish music in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

But the toy show used to be about kids staying up to see toys that they had never seen before and for parents to watch their eyes light up.
    Mine watched the show and were disappointed, pity.

C-can we now go to the Wii machine? No, oh ok. We now go over to our panel of guests tonight, Mary aged 7, John aged 9. Mary, what, what are you holding there? A Barbie. C-can we get a close up of the Barbie there? No, oh alright.

Hilarious. Will we go to Alice now for a festive song or the Mario sketch? No ,we'll show the Mario sketch first?

• Advertisement

No1J wrote: »
    But the toy show used to be about kids staying up to see toys that they had never seen before and for parents to watch their eyes light up.
    Mine watched the show and were disappointed, pity.

sign of the times i guess.tubs made a good few references to elves and prices.

There definitely wasn't enough focus on the toys. One toy that horrified me was that doll that shat into the nappy and which Tubridy proceeded to throw into the audience. That was a bit vile.

There definitely wasn't enough focus on the toys. One toy that horrified me was that doll that shat into the nappy and which Tubridy proceeded to throw into the audience. That was a bit vile.

who would even want that toy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Anyone else watching the Bodyguard on RTE1? It is such as shame the way Whitney has ended up. I'm not a fan of Kevin Costner but he is fairly hot in this film.......

who would even want that toy?

That's what my friend and I were saying! Such a hideous creation.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Anyone else watching the Bodyguard on RTE1? It is such as shame the way Whitney has ended up. I'm not a fan of Kevin Costner but he is fairly hot in this film.......

It looks a bit dated now. Costner was the architect of his own demise with the likes of The Postman and Waterworld. He was the Michael Cimino of the 1990's.

It looks a bit dated now. Costner was the architect of his own demise with the likes of The Postman and Waterworld. He was the Michael Cimino of the 1990's.
    Ah Harry, it is romantic though! Not a fan of Costner usually.

Ah Harry, it is romantic though! Not a fan of Costner usually.

Romantic in a "Harold and Maude" sort of way? :D

Seriously though, I don't think there's much chemistry between the two leading actors. They both look like they're too much in love with themselves ;)

Romantic in a "Harold and Maude" sort of way? :D

Seriously though, I don't think there's much chemistry between the two leading actors. They both look like they're too much in love with themselves ;)

LOL :D:D:D

Harry you must be a fossil, Harold & Maude was released in 1971, that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time. :p

I agree there isn't much chemistry between Costner and Houston but it is a romantic film, I would have no complaints about the young Costner being my Bodyguard :D

LOL :D:D:D

Harry you must be a fossil, Harold & Maude was released in 1971, that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time. :p

Harold and Maude was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time as well!
    Okay, I'm exaggerating. Maybe it was just "way" before my time without all the aaaaaaaa's cos I was born the year after it was made :D

• Advertisement

Harold and Maude was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time as well!
    Okay, I'm exaggerating. Maybe it was just "way" before my time without all the aaaaaaaa's cos I was born the year after it was made :D
    1972 still makes you a fossil :p;)

1972 still makes you a fossil :p;)

You've really hurt me now! :(

Although you might have a point because I've just recognised the auld fella as the father in The Waltons :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah get a room will ye... (an old room).. ;)

You've really hurt me now! :(

Although you might have a point because I've just recognised the auld fella as the father in The Waltons :P
    Hey, what do you expect from me? - an RTE style apology :D

Cheer up Harry, I hear that 40 is the new 30, so you have so much to look forward to next year :p

Go away you cheeky devil, we have been discussing "The Bodyguard" and this is the TV forum...

Hey Jon, I haven't unleashed my ultimate secret yet. Apparently I've been told that I look like a young(ish) Kevin Costner ;):D
    Cheer up Harry, I hear that 40 is the new 30, so you have so much to look forward to next year :p

Thanks for reminding me about the BIG 40, Mrs D!! :mad: :D

Lads, are ye still watching the Bodyguard? I can't remember the ending, it's years since I watched this film...... only ten minutes left.

Edit: I thought someone might have died but there was a happy ending, I'll sleep well now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

Enjoyed the toy show, big kid that I am, but by jaysus them little billy barry stage school feckers are still annoying even after all these years

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Highlights of this years Toy Show:
    1. Rickon Stark from Game of Thrones is in it...
    2. ...
    3. ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I think given the times we live it, it would have been nice to split the prize at the end a few ways. It could at least have been one person got €20k and another got the holiday or even better split the €20k by 2. That way more people benefit from it

Advertisement