Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

black treatment for outside plastic bits

Options
  • 13-07-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

any recommendations for good quality bumper blackener, not necessarily looking for a shine, just something to get the lustre back like stp, only for outdoor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I remember mike brewer putting penut butter on it, smooth and not chunky!!

Something in the oil brought it back black like new, dont know how long it lasts though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I have been told if you heat it gently with a blow torch it will come back to new.

Naturally take the trim off the car first. I've never done it myself but have heard others say it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Actually heard great reviews about this recently

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's permenant dyes some motor factors sell, names escape me at the moment, but there's brilliant stuff made in the States called Black Wow. If you can find anyone selling it here, get it. It's incredible, lasts months and you only use a drop or two.

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Actually heard great reviews about this recently

Used it on a corolla and a yaris in feb and still totally black and no sign of it to wear off. You only need the tiniest amount. I have half of the 15ml left after doing two cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

great, that was what I was hoping for, different products from the norm. The C4 stuff sounds and looks very tempting, anyone selling it over here????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I have been using Aerospace 303 to great effect recently. It's not cheap though.

I bought it mainly to replenish the door and window seals, it rejuvenates them. But it's used by car dealers for giving tyres and engine plastic/trim that 'brand new' effect. Must say, it works much better than any 'back to black' stuff, so sticky or shiney residue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Autoglym have a product (and I have it myself) but can't think of the name of it!, but I've used it a few times and found it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Moanin wrote: »
    Autoglym have a product (and I have it myself) but can't think of the name of it!, but I've used it a few times and found it very good.

The one for vynil? yellow square on the front smells nice too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Try boiled Linseed oil from Woodies or one of those stores. about €5. It re-activates the oil in the plastic, and lasts a few months each time. Literally soaks into the plastic trim! Best apply it twice in one day to make it last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i just use turtle wax back to black trim blackener, simple and works great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

yes, yes yes. :cool:

again, havn't tried because my car has no black trim pieces but it never gets a bad review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Advertisement