Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to increase delay of vodafone payg going to voicemail?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

As per the thread title, I use Vodafone PAYG with a Toshiba TG01 running windows mobile 6.5.

I want to change the 'call forwarding' settings - so that unanswered calls go to voicemail after 30 seconds (rather than the default - which is 15). However, I keep getting this error message:

"Cannot save your changes to the network. Try changing settings later, or disconnect data connection and try again."

It seems that it's vodafone i need to get to change this. I just wonder if anyone has ever managed to get them to do this - and if so, how do you go about it?

(@Mods - I have posted a similar query on the vodafone board - but I thought that it may be relevant here also - given that other folks may already have come across said problem).

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

To extend your ring time, dial the following code:
    **61* Prefix 5 yournumber ** 30 # press send.
    eg: **61*08751234567**30#
    The 30 at the end means it will be 30 seconds which is the max time.

From the FAQ:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Hi Davy. Thanks for that. I entered code as described - but I'm getting this;

"The parameters provided are not valid". Is it anything to do with the fact i'm on prepay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

try **61*08x5xxxxxxx*30# the first reply had an extra * before the 30.

and try *#61# this will give you the actual status with delay time.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Hi Davy. Thanks for that. I entered code as described - but I'm getting this;

"The parameters provided are not valid". Is it anything to do with the fact i'm on prepay?
    Don't bother with parameters - they don't work on prepay as you surmised. Ring Vodafone customer service or try the Vodafone reps on boards in the Biz/Talk to forum. Vodafone will extend the ring time for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

fat-tony wrote: »
    Don't bother with parameters - they don't work on prepay as you surmised. Ring Vodafone customer service or try the Vodafone reps on boards in the Biz/Talk to forum. Vodafone will extend the ring time for you.
    Yes - one of the vodafone reps on boards has come through.

Thanks all - for posting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement