Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What peasant bought next ...

Options
  • 14-06-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

this is becoming a %$£&* obsession :D

commited to this little thing yesterday:

163046.jpg

Now the seller says that this is "NOS", but my bit of internet research leads me to believe that while there probably is 100% old stock in this watch, it is highly unlikely that it was ever sold new in this particular combination :D

So it's a Frankenstein. A sweet ikkle Franky though and I couldn't resist.:D

Seller says shipping will take about a month ...let's see if it will ever arrive or if he does a runner with my money :rolleyes:

Anyhow ..if it does arrive ...I'll use it as my quirky take on the Junghans Max Bill that I'd also like but that is simply too expensive for my kind of watch buying.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh man you've got it baaaaad P. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I (still) blame the weather :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I've never owned a 24 hour watch. Very cool.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I've never owned a 24 hour watch. Very cool.

There's a few 24h pilot style Frankensteins currently around

pilot_black_enl.jpgblack3_enl.jpg

And for "your friend" (:D) you can even get a frankened 24h diver in the 60 mm Zlatoust 700m diver case :D:D:D (gold plated, no less)

diver13_gold_enl.jpg

Personally, I think that a 24h watch is a bit of a gimmick ...that's why I bought it (cheap :D)

Second one looks interesting. The third reminds me of Nemo LOL. I'll be sure to show my friend this :D

• Advertisement

Out of those three, I'd have the first one ...because on that one the dial actually makes sense.
    (smaller inner ring for the hours that actually meets the hour hand and bigger ring for the minutes that meets the minute hand)

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Welcome to the club!

I would love to get a Glycine Airman, but the boss would not approve any more watches (at least not over €100). Instead I had to settle on this one:

Watches%25252025.jpg

As the more observant among you may have noticed ...the weather is still shoyte :D (meaning I've got too much time on my hands to spend in the bay)

So today I fell for a Russian rat-trap :D

Well actually, it's a rattrapante ...a stopwatch with two hands:

164709.jpg164710.jpg

Hopefully that'll scratch that chrono itch for a while

EDIT:
    btw ...this is a "space" stopwatch :D:D (take that, Rolex)
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f10/38964d1171209760-new-pic-my-russian-space-watches-spacegallery2.jpg

EDIT #2:

The same company also made (in the 1960's) a mechanical stopwatch that measures 1/100th of a second and beats at 360.000 beats per hour :eek:. That's 10 times faster than the one above

Ok ... so perhaps by now I should stop pretending that this is not an obsession :rolleyes:

I just bought this:

471493d1310592712-incoming-nos-two-tone-slava-brown-487995524_o-small-.jpg
    471494d1310592712-incoming-nos-two-tone-slava-brown-487995545_o-small-.jpg
    471495d1310592712-incoming-nos-two-tone-slava-brown-487995571_o-small-.jpg

Yepp ...it's another Russian. Slava 2427 automatic movement (also with the twin barrels) and with date quick-set pusher. This is an export model, hence the English lettering.

Advertised as new old stock and from the sellers pics it certainly looks it.

ooops :o
    Today I won an auction where I thought I wouldn't stand a chance and watch no 7 is now on its way. I currently have more watches in the post than at home :rolleyes:

Anyhow ...you guessed it, it's another Russian. This time a "Sekonda" branded (for export) Poljot with caliber 2612.1
    It should look something like this (the sellers picture wasn't great so I borrowed another one)

P1040728.JPG

The second crown and the extra small hand indicate that there is something special going on here.
    In this case, it's an alarm :p (one of the trapped bee kind, like in this video of a watch with the same caliber)

The second crown sets the alarm hand and winds a second spring, which in turn activates a little hammer that hammers away at a pin in the caseback, producing the trapped bee alarm.

All a bit of fun :D

• Advertisement

Haha two watches in a day. Both look very nice especially the first one. Has that 60's look to it's design. Do you have a watch for every day of the year yet?

BTW is Sekonda a Russian brand?

Do you have a watch for every day of the year yet?
    So far it's every day of the week :D
    BTW is Sekonda a Russian brand?
    In Soviet days Sekonda, Cornavin and Cardinal used to be brand names used for export for all Russian brands into different western markets. So you could have a Sekonda-Poljot or a Sekonda-Raketa, etc.

I have no idea who owns "Sekonda" these days, but I don't think it's Russian, going by their current line-up

today I bought this:

zim_blzx-2.jpg

I was told to buy it because it's a nice shade of blue :D
    (And I won't be the one wearing it either)

For those whose interest goes beyond the colour ...
    The dial is indeed blue, buit it's also guilloche. The watch itself is a Pobeda/Zim caliber 2602, handwind, 15 Jewels diameter 36 mm incl. crown

Good, old, pedestrian Russian mechanics
    zim_blzx-4.jpg

So this is what you get for trying to get your wife to understand your new hobby ...two more watches :D

numero uno:
    $(KGrHqIOKjYE4!eH220fBOGvd0g55!~~0_3.JPG
    A Luch (Minsk) ...one of the 23 jewelled, super-slim Poljot de luxe derivatives

shiney, innit? :D (seems to have a AU marking on the case as well)
    $(KGrHqYOKm8E4TU7BR8FBOGvfJr9VQ~~0_3.JPG

Nummer zwei:

pc130474.jpg
    pc130479.jpg

A somewhat more pedestrian Vostok ...it does have a lovely dial though, it must be said :D

Both are 36 mm in diameter and we shall have to fight it out who gets to wear them in the end

Still on Russians :D

The next one for meself, Raketa "Domino", 2628H handwind movement with day and date.

The "domino" bit would be the day display ...the red dot moves from 1 - 7 according to the day of the week.
    479356d1311708717-anybody-ever-heard-raketa-domino-raketa-telephone-domino1.jpg479357d1311708692-anybody-ever-heard-raketa-domino-raketa-telephone-domino4.jpg

NOS, complete with instructions and "box" (if you want to call that a box :D)
    479358d1311708775-anybody-ever-heard-raketa-domino-raketa-telephone-domino6.jpg

That is awesome. BTW have you Russian connections?

nope ...no Russian connections whatsoever

(There's just so much fun and the occasional good deal to be had browsing the bay for Russian watches)

• Advertisement

Yepp ...but it's like sooo not my style, like :D ...that I never payed any closer attention

EDIT
    this guy sells them too http://www.vostok-watches.com/ (under Buran, of course :D)

and a few other sites ...but as I said, I never paid any close attention ...not my style, not my price range

Your style is very eclectic I'm surprised none of them have caught your eye LOL.

The most that I've spent on a watch so far is 239 Euro (the Vostok Europe) ...that's how "eclectic" my style is :D:D:D

Did you invest in a winder or do you bother?

Some nice Vostok Ladies watches in that link. Might be an idea for the wifes birthday present.

Naaahh ...most of my autos handwind anyway and the one that doesn't doesn't have a date or any other complications, so it gets to rest every now and then :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

peasant wrote: »
    The most that I've spent on a watch so far is 239 Euro (the Vostok Europe) ...that's how "eclectic" my style is :D:D:D
    *checks DNA, looking for some mid European Teuton genes cos clearly separated at birth. Waves at brother*

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I've been hankering after one of those super-slim Poljot/Luch de luxe watches for quite a while now. The ones with the 2209, 2.6 mm thin caliber. (also see the red Luch above)

Several versions I nearly bought ...chromed case, gold plated case, white dial, gold dial... black dial was really tempting...until some days ago I saw a Sekonda branded version with a blue dial and red second hand:D (complete with mesh bracelet)

Here's the one and only sellers pic
    $(KGrHqF,!icE3W,6F-HuBOIwcrKllw~~0_12.JPG

Well ..today I won the auction ...now I can't wait to find out if the delivered article will meet expectations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Do you sell on your watches, or do you have a barrel full of them by now?

• Advertisement

I don't have that many watches ...I just post a lot about them :D

Hi,

I'm peasant and I'm a watchaholic

:rolleyes:

Advertisement