Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Ryan Adams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭rebeve

Don't wanna know the setlist from tonight but would love to know peoples reactions...
    He had the crowd in the palm of his hand ,and we loved every second of it .

He didn`t introduce the new songs , so a setlist is a bit pointless .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I have the setlist so will i post it??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I have the setlist so will i post it??

You can put it up sure, but maybe put spoiler tags on it. If you don't know how just quote this post and paster them in between here!
    delete me and insert your setlist!

set list was

Ryan on at 9.20 off at 11.05

Oh My Sweet Carolina
    Dirty Rain
    If I Am A Stranger
    Firecracker
    NY NY on piano
    Two
    Blue Hotel
    Carolina Rain
    Crossed Out Name
    SYLVIA PLATH
    Dear Chicago
    Everybody Knows
    Damn Sam
    Ashes And Fire

---

Avenues
    Let It Ride
    Withering Heights
    Desire
    Please Don't Let Me Go

Here ye go folks.. Can't wait to see ryan again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Sweet set list, thanks for posting.

Looking forward to tonight even if I'm dying with a cold.
    I'm going solo, so if anyone noticed a red-nosed, cold-ridden girl floating around the place please say hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Lolz at the Twitter Heads saying he played:
    Dark Side of the Moon in Full !
    :D

Probably one of the best concerts ever for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Via Olympia Theatre‎
    Totally sold out, doors open 7.15pm, Jesse Malin on stage 8pm, Ryan Adams on at 9pm... Please note, the bars will be closed during the performance. ... !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

DominoDub wrote: »
    Lolz at the Twitter Heads saying he played:
    Dark Side of the Moon in Full !
    :D

He asked everyone to do it! Amazing gig. He's back!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,786 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks, I was putting some things away in my wardrobe today when I saw the envelope which contained my Ryan Adams ticket. Checked the date and it just so happened to be tonight :eek: I hadn't a clue, just by chance I happened to check today, for the first time since I got the ticket months ago, if I didn't check today, it would have passed me by without me knowing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

cormie wrote: »
    Folks, I was putting some things away in my wardrobe today when I saw the envelope which contained my Ryan Adams ticket. Checked the date and it just so happened to be tonight :eek: I hadn't a clue, just by chance I happened to check today, for the first time since I got the ticket months ago, if I didn't check today, it would have passed me by without me knowing :o

That's mad cormie!
    Must be a sign.
    Tonights gig is google to be epic! Anyone who was at the Olympia gigs in 2002 will be in for a similar treat I hope. Can't believe that was 9 years ago he played that solo acoustic tour. This is what he really is best at!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Anyone who was at the Olympia gigs in 2002 will be in for a similar treat I hope.!

From what I can recall reading at the time there was a night that was awesome and a night that was poor and I was at the latter!:mad:
    Still, I had a great time.
    This'll be the 6th time myself and the brother have seen him, and I think I've only seen one show I didn't enjoy much (and it wasn't the aforementioned night).

Apologies for any coughing - I'm also ill.

Interesting show. Everything really stripped down. Still can't stand anything off Gold though, except Sylvia Plath which was amazing.

If anyone has the full set list please do stick it up.

Just had a read of the charter. Pity my posts weren't allowed, I only wanted them to go to a genuine fan and not to be picked up by a tout which is why I went the way I did about letting people know. I ended up putting them on gumtree, face value at 19:00 today with the same "caller will be tested on knowledge of Ryan Adams" line to avoid touts :o, obviously too late, not even a phone call so after I was in Dublin 1, I went down to the Olympia, was in a bit of a rush, touts were offering a tenner each, 20 for the two, I said no, got talking to another guy who was trying to sell a spare he had, he was going to the show himself so I just gave them both to him for free and put my name and number on the envelope and told him if he sold them we can share what he gets. 2 great seats were probably left empty and genuine fans left without tickets unfortunately. Hope it was enjoyable for those who went :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wow!
    Amazing gig! So many classics all played perfectly!
    Can't believe he played 16 days. Two was just beautiful. Heck, every song stunning.
    The set list is up on ryanadamsarchive.com in the gigs forum.
    Hope all boardsies had a fantastic time. That was simply unforgettable!

Might have to unsubscribe from this thread before I hear any more rave reviews :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sedantez

That was an incredibly good gig... so lucky to hear all my favourite Ryan Adams songs acccoustic. He certainly knows how to deliver a song. Highlites for me 'Let it Ride' 'Fire Cracker' iIf I am a Stranger'... and of course his inter song ramblings!

Does anyone know if he played any knew songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Think he played maybe 2 new ones? Dirty Rain was one but not sure of the other one... Have been waiting years to hear Sylvia Plath and Strawberry Wine so couldn't have been any better for me. Mandy must be doing him good. Don't think I've ever seen him in such a sociable mood!!

• Advertisement

Absolutely amazing gig, just like 2002 he blew me away. Highlights were Dirty Rain, Let it Ride and If i am a Stranger. I just hope hes back for good now, been married has obviously mellowed him out big time so its happy days for all us fans. I was up in the top premium box to the left of the stage and loved every second of his performance.. Lets hope we dont have to wait as long for the next gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Great gig last night. Let It Ride and 16 Days were fantastic. Finishing with Strawberry Wine was perfect. Jesse Malin was great too.

There was two spare seats beside me, Jesse Malin was sitting beside me for the first three songs and then disappeared somewhere.
    It was a wonderful gig, so much old stuff and I love that new song Dirty Rain. It was miles better than the last time I saw him. He is a clown though, but in a good way haha!!

Fingers and toes and everything else crossed that there will be a recording of it floating around somewhere.

You weren't in the Circle, row B seat 10 or 13 I don't suppose hyperbaby? If so, Jesse was in my bleedin seats :P

No, I was seating in the back row, Row R.
    I told him cool opening and he said thanks! Claim to fame for the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Very underwhelmed by last night's show. Performance-wise it was so-so, setlist-wise it was pretty dull - Sylvia Plath? Must be the weakest song on Gold. And Strawberry feckin' Wine just goes on and on...
    But I guess that's just acoustic sets for you. I knew what to expect to some degree.
    Audience had its share of idiots too. (Can't blame Ryan for that though, obviously) When you're playing a set that intimate you could probably do without some gombeen mouthpiece woman bellowing "I See Monsters" at you during every tune-up.

I'm glad to hear the positive reviews though, glad you lot enjoyed it. Not one of his better shows for me though. Bring back The Cardinals!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I thought Sylvia Plath was a highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

A wonderful gig for my money. I'm a long time fan but had never seen him live before due to one thing or another. Couldn't have asked for any better than an acoustic set.

Highlights for me were 'Sylvia Plath'; 'Two'; and, in particular, 'Strawberry Wine'. I really wanted to hear 'La Cienega Just Smiled' and, to a lesser extent, 'When the Stars go Blue' but you can't have it all; or so I'm told. :rolleyes:

Squelchy wrote: »
    Very underwhelmed by last night's show. Performance-wise it was so-so, setlist-wise it was pretty dull - Sylvia Plath? Must be the weakest song on Gold. And Strawberry feckin' Wine just goes on and on...
    But I guess that's just acoustic sets for you. I knew what to expect to some degree.
    Audience had its share of idiots too. (Can't blame Ryan for that though, obviously) When you're playing a set that intimate you could probably do without some gombeen mouthpiece woman bellowing "I See Monsters" at you during every tune-up.

I'm glad to hear the positive reviews though, glad you lot enjoyed it. Not one of his better shows for me though. Bring back The Cardinals!

While at times i felt it dragged and i can see where you're coming from but (serious question) what did you expect from a Ryan Adams acoustic show?

As he said himself ' for those not familiar with my work and looking for something more upbeat... you know those half pillows you get on flights? Maybe get one of them...'

Imo Plath is the best song on Gold, which i think is a terrible album full of cheese like NY NY and firecracker...

I do agree though with the people shouting requests (exception of the dude who called for chopsticks). I also agree with you on the cardinals, i think i prefer him louder that said though I enjoyed that gig immensely.

Had he played Jacksonville Skyline i'd be happier than ever.

• Advertisement

And the setlist was like this...

Oh My Sweet Carolina
    Call Me On Your Way Back Home
    Everybody Knows
    Damn, Sam (I Love a Woman That Rains)
    If I Am a Stranger
    New York, New York - Piano
    In My Time of Need
    Withering Heights
    Let It Ride