Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radcliffes Return

Options
  • 30-05-2011 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Paula has a long way to go if she has realistic ambitions of competing for a medal next year. She finished 3rd almost a min behind Pavey in a time of 33.19

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Every one seemed to have pretty rubbish times today. All but one of my club mates was at least a minute off their pb by the sounds of things. There is a BBC article that gives the impression that Paula was really unhappy with today run, can't link now as I'm using the phone. She seemed happy enough when I went past her in the press area and the girls from the club who were chatting with her after said shows done with the run.

I was about 10 meters behind Sonia coming back along the Embankment so think I may be in with a chance of beating her in the chip times when they come put. I had an awful last mile though and she got away from me along The Mall.

Annoyed that I had to pay for my entry and the rest of the club had theirs paid for them and got to hang out in the elite warm up area. Jo Pavey apparently didn't know how to fit the chip to her shoe so one of the girls did that for her, and then got some photos. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Stupid phone dictionary. Will fix that later.

Jist was that I thought Paula was happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Here's the BBC link - doesn't seem happy :(

Guess she was just being all cheery around us rubbish runners. :D

Advertisement