Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo Marui AKS74U recoil and extras

Options
  • 15-05-2011 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭

Looking for either a RS Type 97 or a VFC SR16

May consider other trades - VFC and other high end makes.
    Also willing to SELL. Price 420 ono for the whole lot and will include another extra battery, bag of BB's and a decent charger.
    Willing to sell seperately.

Tokyo Marui AKS74U Recoil

One of the few Tokyo Marui guns with a metal body.
    Skirmished just once, orig boxes and in fantastic condition.
    Shoots 280fps/.2G, typical great TM performance, range and recoil effect.

Trimming down my collection further, and AK’s are really wall hangers for me. (I have a RS T56-1 already stuck on the wall...)
    :)

I am looking more for stanag mag based guns and very high on my list are the VFC SR16 or Real Sword Type 97.

Package includes:
    TM AKS74U, midcap (70rd), manuals, sight adjuster etc (with orig box)
    TM battery mini 8.4V (with orig box)
    TM AK sling (with orig box)
    2 extra TM midcaps, black (70 rds each, with orig box)
    2 extra TM hicaps (480rd each) (with orig box)

The front flash hider is removable and will take silencers etc - see Tracer unit attached (not included) in one of the pics.

The whole package would cost the guts of 700, so no silly offers. Tyre kickers not entertained...:)

Review here:
    http://www.popularairsoft.com/reviews/tokyo-marui-aks74u-with-blowback-and-recoil-engine

Also maybe interested in pro drum and audio production/recording equipment as p/x either way.

Some pics...

CIMG1376Large.jpg

CIMG1379Large.jpg

IMG_0048Large.jpg

IMG_0045Large.jpg

CIMG1378Large.jpg

If it doesnt trade, I will probably be selling it with some other bits here.

No sales to U/18's without a parent present.
    No Postage, can travel most places or happy for you to come to me.
    No Messers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Also willing to sell, either as a complete package with some other bits thrown in, or seperately - whatever works best.

Looking for 420 for the lot.

I also have a nice black VFC SCAR L which I'd be willing to trade also.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

hey defender dude.
    what kind of condition is the scar in? the scar L takes the standard M4 style mags right?
    Can you tell me how old it is, is it the latters version?

I have a G&G M4 CQB with a madbull tightbore barrell and guarder hopup as upgrades if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Interested in selling the SCAR-L, if so, would you be able to post up some pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Airsofter101

Offer a KWA MP9 NS2 with 3 mags(2 working) for either the Scar or the TM Ak

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    hey defender dude.
    what kind of condition is the scar in? the scar L takes the standard M4 style mags right?
    Can you tell me how old it is, is it the latters version?

I have a G&G M4 CQB with a madbull tightbore barrell and guarder hopup as upgrades if you're interested.

Hi Gordy6040

The scar is in excellent nick - happy for it to be fully inspected anytime.
    The only slight issue with it is sometimes it sticks in safe - I changed the fire selector plate, but didnt make any difference. I just wasnt arsed looking further into the issue as it didnt bother me. It happens to 'em.
    It takes standard M4 mags. It's the 7mm version as opposed to the latest 8mm gearbox version. However it has new 7mm bearing bushings (to replace the nylon stock ones), new hopup rubber, selector plate and new VFC piston installed just a couple of months ago. Superb ROF and range. Comes with the shorter CQC barrell too. I am pretty sure there's a madbull tightbore in it too and the original barrelland manual is there for it also.
    I love it (I have 2 of 'em):rolleyes:
    My other is also the 7mm version and was bought for me by my wife back in 2007!

Thanks for the offer of the G&G CQB but to be honest, it wouldnt be of any interest - I've owned a few M4 CQB's and prefer the longer barrell versions. I am really after the VFC SR16, TM Type 89, L85 (not the Army or G&G versions) and Real Sword Type 97.

I will get some pics of it up but I think it will be tomorrow evening before I can get em done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Aido,
    upgraded STAR SA80 afv w/ SUSAT for the AK? will obviously offer cash with it.
    G.

Hi Gordy6040

The scar is in excellent nick - happy for it to be fully inspected anytime.
    The only slight issue with it is sometimes it sticks in safe - I changed the fire selector plate, but didnt make any difference. I just wasnt arsed looking further into the issue as it didnt bother me. It happens to 'em.
    It takes standard M4 mags. It's the 7mm version as opposed to the latest 8mm gearbox version. However it has new 7mm bearing bushings (to replace the nylon stock ones), new hopup rubber, selector plate and new VFC piston installed just a couple of months ago. Superb ROF and range. Comes with the shorter CQC barrell too. I am pretty sure there's a madbull tightbore in it too and the original barrelland manual is there for it also.
    I love it (I have 2 of 'em):rolleyes:
    My other is also the 7mm version and was bought for me by my wife back in 2007!

Thanks for the offer of the G&G CQB but to be honest, it wouldnt be of any interest - I've owned a few M4 CQB's and prefer the longer barrell versions. I am really after the VFC SR16, TM Type 89, L85 (not the Army or G&G versions) and Real Sword Type 97.

I will get some pics of it up but I think it will be tomorrow evening before I can get em done.

Hi, I orgionally offered the MP9, but since you said it, I would be willing to offer the L85 for the Scar Pending pics... Its a Star version.. L85A2 Carbine

Inari wrote: »
    Interested in selling the SCAR-L, if so, would you be able to post up some pictures?

Will do, but it will be tomorrow evening before I can get them done and up. I would prefer a trade but may be better just putting some cash towards a RS Type 97 instead.:)

Offer a KWA MP9 NS2 with 3 mags(2 working) for either the Scar or the TM Ak

That's a very nice gun but I already had it's first cousin (KSC TMP) and I'd probably never use it to be honest. Thanks for the offer tho. :)

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Aido,
    upgraded STAR SA80 afv w/ SUSAT for the AK? will obviously offer cash with it.
    G.

Hi Ger

I love that AFV but I would prefer the longer barrel version to be honest. That's the main reason I am looking at shifting the AK (want a longer barrel).
    That said, thanks and I will keep the offer in mind.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Hi Ger

I love that AFV but I would prefer the longer barrel version to be honest. That's the main reason I am looking at shifting the AK (want a longer barrel).
    That said, thanks and I will keep the offer in mind.;)
    But it's got epic range man... And she doesn't have a TBB - yet... :D
    Go oonnnnn - you know you want it...:P

Best of luck with the sale/trade Aido.

Hi, I orgionally offered the MP9, but since you said it, I would be willing to offer the L85 for the Scar Pending pics... Its a Star version.. L85A2 Carbine

I'd definitely be interested in having a close look and offering you the same with the SCAR if your interested. I used to own the G&G L85A2 version and loved it, but was dissapointed with the trigger responce.
    I heard the ARES is better but never tried one in person. I think the STAR version is supposed to be very similarto the ARES?
    I will stick up pics of it tomorrow (babysitting tonight) and you can have a better look and see what you think.;)

Sound yeah no probs, I have a interested buyer but he wont know until thursday so Ill will have a look at the scar, and let ye know...

Can I have the basic info?
    FPS
    Long or Short barrel
    Any extras

That sorta thing :)

What kinda price you looking for the VFC SCAR my good man? I'll see what funds are like, but I've heard nought but good things about that rifle :)

Some (poor) pics of the SCAR below...

I field strips much like the read deal.
    I have more pics (if wanted) of when I opened it to have a look to see about the selector issue. While it was opened I put in a new VFC piston, 7mm bearing bushings and a selector plate. The orig piston is there to see the wear. The gears (self shimming) etc were perfect.

I cant find the short barrel for it but I have the original VFC barrel. There's a madbull tightbore 6.03 installed currently.

There's a magholder grip and as I cant find the shorter barrel atm - I'd throw in a genuine magpul ms2 sling (in tan) which was only used once if wanted.
    The last time it was chrono'd was hrta about a month ago. It was about 310 fps. I am happy for it to be chrono'd and test fired for range and performance(somewhere appropriate) as needed.
    I have a metal midcap with it but could rummage a hicap if needed.
    Takes either 8.4 or 9.6V mini's.

SCAR.jpg

SCARtakedownLarge.jpg

SCARtakedown2Large.jpg

IMG_0089Large.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Drummerchris23

Looking for either a RS Type 97 or a VFC SR16

May consider other trades - VFC and other high end makes.
    Also willing to SELL. Price 420 ono for the whole lot and will include another extra battery, bag of BB's and a decent charger.
    Willing to sell seperately.

Tokyo Marui AKS74U Recoil

One of the few Tokyo Marui guns with a metal body.
    Skirmished just once, orig boxes and in fantastic condition.
    Shoots 280fps/.2G, typical great TM performance, range and recoil effect.

Trimming down my collection further, and AK’s are really wall hangers for me. (I have a RS T56-1 already stuck on the wall...
    I am looking more for stanag mag based guns and very high on my list are the VFC SR16 or Real Sword Type 97.

Package includes:
    TM AKS74U, midcap (70rd), manuals, sight adjuster etc (with orig box)
    TM battery mini 8.4V (with orig box)
    TM AK sling (with orig box)
    2 extra TM midcaps, black (70 rds each, with orig box)
    2 extra TM hicaps (480rd each) (with orig box)

The front flash hider is removable and will take silencers etc - see Tracer unit attached (not included) in one of the pics.

The whole package would cost the guts of 700, so no silly offers. Tyre kickers not entertained...:)

Review here:
    http://www.popularairsoft.com/reviews/tokyo-marui-aks74u-with-blowback-and-recoil-engine

Also maybe interested in pro drum and audio production/recording equipment as p/x either way.

Some pics...

CIMG1376Large.jpg

CIMG1379Large.jpg

IMG_0048Large.jpg

IMG_0045Large.jpg

CIMG1378Large.jpg

If it doesnt trade, I will probably be selling it with some other bits here.

No sales to U/18's without a parent present.
    No Postage, can travel most places or happy for you to come to me.
    No Messers.

Hello just wondering whats the best price you can do on the aks74u gun by itself? Or would you consider going anylower than $420 for the whole package? I cant find this gun in stock anymore and i must have it!!

Some (poor) pics of the SCAR below...

I field strips much like the read deal.
    I have more pics (if wanted) of when I opened it to have a look to see about the selector issue. While it was opened I put in a new VFC piston, 7mm bearing bushings and a selector plate. The orig piston is there to see the wear. The gears (self shimming) etc were perfect.

I cant find the short barrel for it but I have the original VFC barrel. There's a madbull tightbore 6.03 installed currently.

There's a magholder grip and as I cant find the shorter barrel atm - I'd throw in a genuine magpul ms2 sling (in tan) which was only used once if wanted.
    The last time it was chrono'd was hrta about a month ago. It was about 310 fps. I am happy for it to be chrono'd and test fired for range and performance(somewhere appropriate) as needed.
    I have a metal midcap with it but could rummage a hicap if needed.
    Takes either 8.4 or 9.6V mini's.

SCAR.jpg

SCARtakedownLarge.jpg

SCARtakedown2Large.jpg

IMG_0089Large.jpg

Looks good man, give me a day or two to ponder on it... Ill get back to you on it

Hello just wondering whats the best price you can do on the aks74u gun by itself? Or would you consider going anylower than $420 for the whole package? I cant find this gun in stock anymore and i must have it!!

Hi

Sure, I'd sell the gun on it's own if no better offers/trades came along.
    The price is Euro, not usd.

I'm not sure where you are based but I am not really interested in postage. Certainly not interested in international postage. Sorry, but cynicism and experience means I'd prefer to deal in-person with whomever is getting the gun.

By the way, as of todays date, there's 10 in stock here:
    http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-aeg-aks74u

Fantastic company to deal with and shipping is excellent.

Looks good man, give me a day or two to ponder on it... Ill get back to you on it

Coolaboola. :)
    No hassle eitherway. ;)

Coolaboola. :)
    No hassle eitherway. ;)

Oh and if I we were to do business, would you be able to meet me? I dont drive :(

• Advertisement

Oh and if I we were to do business, would you be able to meet me? I dont drive :(

No hassle, of course. Happy to head on to a site or somewhere appropriate to let you try it out too.

No hassle, of course. Happy to head on to a site or somewhere appropriate to let you try it out too.

Any ideas of asking price for the SCAR? ;)

Thats bang on, will let you know tomoro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭telebasher

Would you have any intrest in a VFC tactical CQB M4 for the AK?

Inari wrote: »
    Any ideas of asking price for the SCAR? ;)

Sorry for the delay. I would rather do a trade on it to be honest. If I can't get a trade within the week, I will stick a price on it and sell for greenbacks. Anything nice to trade? :D

telebasher wrote: »
    Would you have any intrest in a VFC tactical CQB M4 for the AK?

I currently have a vfc 416 which I use as cqb, I am really on the lookout for the vfc sr16 if I can get one. I don't think I'd be willing to trade the whole AK package for it to be honest but I wouldn't mind seeing a pic and specs if you had one?

Sorry for the delay. I would rather do a trade on it to be honest. If I can't get a trade within the week, I will stick a price on it and sell for greenbacks. Anything nice to trade? :D

To be perfectly honest, I don't like parting with my gear. However, acquiring yours on the other hand...I could live with that :D

Hey man, if we can meet this Saturday in Rathbeggan I can trade the L85 for the Scar if it comes with the MS2 sling Piston and all other stuff in that picture?!?!

Hey man, if we can meet this Saturday in Rathbeggan I can trade the L85 for the Scar if it comes with the MS2 sling Piston and all other stuff in that picture?!?!

Rathbeggan should be no problemo.
    The sling could be included alright. There's the original barrel there too. The piston is the original one from the gearbox - there's a brand new one gone into it. There's a mag holder grip which could be thrown in too if it's of interest.
    I love the look of the L85 but was disappointed with the performance of the G&G version which I sold a short while back. If the Star works and performs as I hope it does, and you are happy with the SCAR... then I think we can do a deal.;)

If you get a buyer for your l85 in the meantime - jump at it.;)
    If ok, I'll drop you a PM tomorrow evening and we can arrange a time etc.

• Advertisement

Sounds good, drop me a PM ;)

EDIT

sorry man, just realized how much I like the gun and cant part with it :(

Sorry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement